• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

LotusHD

Banned
I haven't had a reaction where I wasn't immediately interested in the next chapter since the lull in the middle of Marineford.

Well cool, but that's not what I originally asked lol

I was just saying, which would you prefer, not whether or not you think they're all amazing or not.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I prefer breaks to come after amazing chapters because all chapters are amazing, therefore it means that One Piece's quality hasn't dropped.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
051115083-02-milk-chocolate-pudding-recipe_xlg.jpg

Since One Piece is hitting its 20th anniversary in 2017, Barnes and Noble is putting out a readalong blog for all (at this time) 80 volumes, hopefully in time for the official anniversary date in July.

So if that's your thing, give it a look. Warning: Zolo is used instead of Zoro.

Going back to this, this can coincide nicely with our group read-through. Anyone else want to join?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Been doing it myself since late last year. I read 5 volumes a month and am up to 32.

It always surprises me how in Skypiea it seems like it is going to end in a chapter or two and then it takes another volume and a half to end, almost entirely because of a lengthy flashback explaining Noland that I always forget about. The cynic in me also wonders if it wasn't extended a bit because chapter 300 was coming.

smurfx

get some go again
so what do you guys think will happen with the poneglyph jimbei found? will luffy end up taking it thinking it's the road poneglyph and we later find out it holds some really important information?

Ray Down

Banned
so what do you guys think will happen with the poneglyph jimbei found? will luffy end up taking it thinking it's the road poneglyph and we later find out it holds some really important information?

I'm sure it has important info, but who knows aside from Oda what those things say.

It's not like Jinbei knows what it says when he retrieved him.

smurfx

get some go again
I'm sure it has important info, but who knows aside from Oda what those things say.

It's not like Jinbei knows what it says when he retrieved him.
i know which is why i think luffy will mistake it for the road poneglyph and possibly take it by accident. only way to find out what it says is for them to personally take it to robin unless they make a rubbing of it which they don't have much of a reason to. maybe nami might see it and want to make a copy for robin since she knows it's important to her.

i know which is why i think luffy will mistake it for the road poneglyph and possibly take it by accident. only way to find out what it says is for them to personally take it to robin unless they make a rubbing of it which they don't have much of a reason to. maybe nami might see it and want to make a copy for robin since she knows it's important to her.

They already have a copy of it. Brook made rubbings of the three poneglyphs in the Treasure Room, and in Chapter 846 Tamago specifically says that the poneglyph brought by Jinbei brings Big Mom's collection up to three.

Tizoc

I fine with this break, all I ask is the returning chapter isn't dull/boring.
In other words a chapter featuring pudding :v

I am not enjoying fishman island arc but have made it to the final battle. Sanji acting like a horny virgin was ver offputting
Jimbei bribing luffy with meat was golden tho
Meat= luffy's kryptonite

smurfx

get some go again
They already have a copy of it. Brook made rubbings of the three poneglyphs in the Treasure Room, and in Chapter 846 Tamago specifically says that the poneglyph brought by Jinbei brings Big Mom's collection up to three.
oh i think you're right. just read the chapter again.

Ray Down

Banned
In other words a chapter featuring pudding :v

I am not enjoying fishman island arc but have made it to the final battle. Sanji acting like a horny virgin was very off putting.
Jimbei bribing luffy with meat was golden tho
Meat= luffy's kryptonite

Hey it ain't all about her (despite the ava).

Fishmen island is bar none the worst arc, uninteresting/ not intimidating villain, no cool fights for Nami or Robin and it's was boringly paced.

Wait aminute
Did the bomb that was among the treasure pekoms took fom fishmen island detonate yet or not?

Didn't denote, BM plans to open it at the wedding.

Some photos from Katsucon.

The Zoro guy could talk pretty well with the sword in his mouth.

When I see that Doffy all I see is that annoying blonde NPC from Oblivion.

Are we talking about the bomb or when pudding is shown again

It can't be both? :)

The bomb will KO Pudding and then we will reach OT3 in a week.

Please Pudding would just use Sanji as a human shield and problem solved, though I think Sanji would jump in front of it to protect a woman.

Hey it ain't all about her (despite the ava).

Fishmen island is bar none the worst arc, uninteresting/ not intimidating villain, no cool fights for Nami or Robin and it's was boringly paced.

Didn't denote, BM plans to open it at the wedding.

When I see that Doffy all I see is that annoying blonde NPC from Oblivion.

It can't be both? :)

Please Pudding would just use Sanji as a human shield and problem solved, though I think Sanji would jump in front of it to protect a woman.
He'd totally jump in front of it we know this.

Ray Down

Banned
Lol! I can't believe she altered all your minds into thinking she was the best this arc when in reality baeju out here getting shot and memory altered and no one cares

#Justice4Baeju

Reiju is good but she suffers from the trope I hate, the I've done so much bad I deserve to die.

Also Baeju, Sanji like his sister too...makes sense knowing him...

Reiju is good but she suffers from the trope I hate, the I've done so much bad I deserve to die.

Also Baeju, Sanji like his sister too...makes sense knowing him...
Lol goddamit. I still wanna see her powers along with the other bros, can she swallow poison because of the modifications or a fruit

Ray Down

Banned
Lol goddamit. I still wanna see her powers along with the other bros, can she swallow poison because of the modifications or a fruit

Reiju is the one I'm most interested in, since with the poison angle I wonder who Oda will make her different than Magellan.

Hope it's more than just poison imbued attacks.

Tizoc

Refresh my memory- What happens to a Fishman if they eat a Devil Fruit? Do they no longer have the ability to swim?

ckohler

Refresh my memory- What happens to a Fishman if they eat a Devil Fruit? Do they no longer have the ability to swim?
Devil fruit users can technically swim, it's just that touching the sea drains all their energy. So, a fishman would just sink to the bottom and sit there (because they can breathe underwater) where as anyone else would drown.

Pedro is certainly not Straw Hat material (and I'm not even sure why anyone would think he is), but Carrot totally feels like Straw Hat material to me.

Yeah, she doesn't have a tragic backstory (yet, at least), but I don't think that's necessarily disqualifying. Usopp's story is nothing more than "my mother died", and Robin was around for years before we ever got any sort of backstory for her. It's completely possible that Carrot has some backstory that we just haven't seen yet.

Right now there's not a massive amount to go on, but she's a pretty unique character and fits in pretty well with Luffy and Chopper in particular.

Grexeno

Pedro is certainly not Straw Hat material (and I'm not even sure why anyone would think he is), but Carrot totally feels like Straw Hat material to me.

Yeah, she doesn't have a tragic backstory (yet, at least), but I don't think that's necessarily disqualifying. Usopp's story is nothing more than "my mother died", and Robin was around for years before we ever got any sort of backstory for her. It's completely possible that Carrot has some backstory that we just haven't seen yet.

Right now there's not a massive amount to go on, but she's a pretty unique character and fits in pretty well with Luffy and Chopper in particular.

Carrot also has multiple hints to there being a lot more going on with her than we've been shown.

I like carrot because she simply reminds me of a strawhat that's all really. She fits right in unlike everybody else ppl have been championing in the new world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom