• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSESN

So who is the biggest Jobber of the Whole Cake Island arc?
Bobbins
Pekoms
The sweet commander that lost to Urouge
Sanji
's feelings

Any preorder link? Is the other bluray a movie, special or what it is?
Not on Amazon yet already tried. Heart of gold is a special for the movie kinda like a prequel. Idk why this thread doesn't like it because everywhere I've seen it got pretty good praise

All the strawhats actually do something too

Edit:up for preorder in rightstuf

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Heart of Gold is the best One Piece movie tie in.

Taken as a movie by itself I'd still rate it in the upper half of OP movies.

MANUELF

Banned
Not on Amazon yet already tried. Heart of gold is a special for the movie kinda like a prequel. Idk why this thread doesn't like it because everywhere I've seen it got pretty good praise

All the strawhats actually do something too

Edit:up for preorder in rightstuf

Just saw them there, 25 dollars each and with shipping is too expensive, will wait for a sale like Strong World and Film Z I just bought

Just read the new chapter.

<3

This is gonna be interesting. The Straw Hat Pirates are severely outclassed this time around. How is this gonna work?!

Can't wait.

smurfx

get some go again
Good to see Luffy back in good shape, so very gald some knock some sense into Sanji ass.

Again I'm guessing Capone is working with Pudding, though it looks like the ones that shot Bobbins were Capone, Vito and Gotti.

Sad no chapter next week but hey what can you do, get some good sleep Oda!

Translation is bad in places though.
i can't see how capone and pudding have any shot in hell of taking down big mom even in a sneak attack. capone has to be working with somebody far more powerful because it's a suicide mission otherwise. maybe Katakuri is going to betray big mom and his/her big entrance will be betraying big mom. capone is the perfect trojan horse thanks to his devil fruit since he can sneak a big powerful force into the wedding and release them when the time is right. i have a theory that bakkin is part of big mom's crew or family and she might show up at the wedding ceremony and bring weevil with her. i don't see luffy fighting big mom but he would make a great opponent for luffy. whatever that meteor thing was that sucked capone up in the air is probably the mastermind behind capone's betrayal.

Ray Down

Banned
i can't see how capone and pudding have any shot in hell of taking down big mom even in a sneak attack. capone has to be working with somebody far more powerful because it's a suicide mission otherwise. maybe Katakuri is going to betray big mom and his/her big entrance will be betraying big mom. capone is the perfect trojan horse thanks to his devil fruit since he can sneak a big powerful force into the wedding and release them when the time is right. i have a theory that bakkin is part of big mom's crew or family and she might show up at the wedding ceremony and bring weevil with her. i don't see luffy fighting big mom but he would make a great opponent for luffy. whatever that meteor thing was that sucked capone up in the air is probably the mastermind behind capone's betrayal.
Oh I don't think Pudding is the only one, though I think she has to be a part of it. Because who else would she would have wanted to meet up with if not the crew?

I think maybe Katakuri but who knows, I think Capone must have a decent plan though.

Who could those possibly be though?

tumblr_n5a7e0zkF71s24w6uo3_500.gif

Raonak

Banned
Fuck yes, red wedding crashers.

The pararells between giving sanji's mom & luffy was cool.

Wonder what Capone's plan is. Will he ally with the strawhats?

Quite interesting to see sanji want to rescue his family. It does nail the fact this arc is centered around the concept of family.
Even if they're shit to him, he doesn't want to leave them for dead when he could've saved them. Judge is the only real asshole here. His brothers were genetically engineered to remove their emotions, you can't really blame them for how they turned out.

the vinsmokes talking about how they will fly big moms flag seems like oda-like foreshadowing the idea that they'll instead fly the strawhat flag at the end of the arc.
Judge is gonna die this arc, reiju will become leader of the germa. and we'll get another group as part of the grand fleet

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
If Capone's fruit is awakened, do you think he could instantly terraform Whole Cake Island into his own personalized fortress, turning its weapons inward on Big Mom?

IHaveIce

Banned
Imagine Capone is playing the long game, he may be allied to one specific Supernova.. who we know has attacked Big Mom already once and survived, no other as... GOD BOSS UROUGE

Capone points tenthousand guns at everyone at the wedding and suddenly smirking Urouge comes in and thanks Capone, he then smashes Big Mom with just one blow.

He then saves Luffy and tells him he is his brother by blood and their mother is Crocodile.

If Capone's fruit is awakened, do you think he could instantly terraform Whole Cake Island into his own personalized fortress, turning its weapons inward on Big Mom?

His Fruit turns himself into a fortress, but that doesn't make everything a part of him. Maybe he could turn the island into a fortress and hide his crew and weapons anywhere but he can't magically control everything around him.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Imagine Capone is playing the long game, he may be allied to one specific Supernova.. who we know has attacked Big Mom already once and survived, no other as... GOD BOSS UROUGE

Capone points tenthousand guns at everyone at the wedding and suddenly smirking Urouge comes in and thanks Capone, he then smashes Big Mom with just one blow.

He then saves Luffy and tells him he is his brother by blood and their mother is Crocodile.

ayyyyy

Ray Down

Banned

Better fanfiction then the one's about the Vinsmokes.

Since One Piece is hitting its 20th anniversary in 2017, Barnes and Noble is putting out a readalong blog for all (at this time) 80 volumes, hopefully in time for the official anniversary date in July.

So if that's your thing, give it a look. Warning: Zolo is used instead of Zoro.

turmoil

Banned
For some reason I thought that Oda was on sick leave or something and ended accumulating three chapters lol

Sanji getting hit in the face is SO SATISFYING. And what is Capone up to?

Good enough for my headcanon.

SaniOYOYOY

For some reason I thought that Oda was on sick leave or something and ended accumulating three chapters lol

Sanji getting hit in the face is SO SATISFYING. And what is Capone up to?

Good enough for my headcanon.

totally, i did wish he go g2/g3 first tho

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Croc is Dragon's brother or some shit. They even look kinda similar. Crocodile sounds like an alias too.

I don't actually support this theory, but he has some secret. I don't think it's the "Croc was a woman once" theory either.

MANUELF

Banned
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Croc is Dragon's brother or some shit. They even look kinda similar. Crocodile sounds like an alias too.

I don't actually support this theory, but he has some secret. I don't think it's the "Croc was a woman once" theory either.

Oda didnt show us his face in the Roger execution flashback so either he is hiding something from us or toying with us

Im part of the Crocodile was a woman club

I hope this happens now.

jbug617

Banned
Any preorder link? Is the other bluray a movie, special or what it is?

Where do you want to preorder? I order mine through Right Stuf. Funimation Store usually has some extras. Not up on Amazon as of now. RS tends to be a couple of dollars cheaper compared to the other places.

Heart of Gold (TV Special): https://www.funimation.com/shop/home-video/bld-00433/
Film Gold (extra is 3 random poker chips): https://www.funimation.com/shop/product/bld-00432

Heart of Gold (TV Special): http://www.rightstufanime.com/One-Piece-Heart-of-Gold-TV-Special-Blu-ray-DVD-UV
Film Gold: http://www.rightstufanime.com/One-Piece-Film-Gold-Blu-ray-DVD-Combo-UV

Moaradin

Heart of Gold is the best One Piece movie tie in.

Taken as a movie by itself I'd still rate it in the upper half of OP movies.

For sure. I actually enjoyed it about as much as Film Gold itself lol.

Cool that Funimation is dubbing and releasing it. Hope they do that for future specials as well.

MANUELF

Banned
Where do you want to preorder? I order mine through Right Stuf. Funimation Store usually has some extras. Not up on Amazon as of now. RS tends to be a couple of dollars cheaper compared to the other places.

Heart of Gold (TV Special): https://www.funimation.com/shop/home-video/bld-00433/
Film Gold (extra is 3 random poker chips): https://www.funimation.com/shop/product/bld-00432

Heart of Gold (TV Special): http://www.rightstufanime.com/One-Piece-Heart-of-Gold-TV-Special-Blu-ray-DVD-UV
Film Gold: http://www.rightstufanime.com/One-Piece-Film-Gold-Blu-ray-DVD-Combo-UV
Funimation is US only I believe, it doesnt even load for me, anyway thanks for the links

GhostBed

Because he feels like it and after the whole marineford and dressrosa events, croc knows better than not to bet on rubber

The thing about pirates is, they're going to pick the scenario that benefits them the best, much like Croc did during Impel Down/Marineford, when he helped Luffy because it was a net benefit to his own escape efforts.

So if Croc shows to the wedding and finds it within his best interests to help the SH crew cause mayhem, then I could see him doing it. I could also see him using said mayhem to steal something from Big Mom or the Vinsmokes, or even Capone or the Straw Hats. Croc is a crafty dude, I'm sure he would find a creative way to serve his own interests.

I honestly doubt he'll show up tho. I don't think we'll hear from Croc until at least the Reverie, if not much later. But I too think he's hiding something and that his character is a lot more important to the overall story than he's let on so far.

Also, surely we'll get some Robin X Croc interaction in the foreseeable future. Really looking forward to that.

NSESN

What's worse to you guys: Getting a break after an amazing chapter, or a tame one?

I don't know, a break from a tame one is bad because you have nothing to talk for 2 weeks, but a break from an amazing one makes you more excited for the next chapter what makes the time go slowly.

Acosta

What's worse to you guys: Getting a break after an amazing chapter, or a tame one?

Always that is not too much of a cliffhanger. There is always a suspense about what is going to happen, but I suffer more when is in some climatic scene or when someone of the crew is suffering and I want to know when and how he is going to be saved.

This break is fine, I'm very curious about what is going to happen, but at the same type it acts as the closure of a mini act.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

When's the last time OP went on break after a tame chapter?

As far back as I remember it always goes on break during a cliffhanger as shit is about to get real or a major reveal is due to happen.

Anteater

Can using the mirror world get to Germa Kingdom? It's parked there. Since somebody mentioned to use the Disguise ability, maybe (assuming they meet with the rest of the group) they can:

1. Get Luffy to disguise as Sanji, use the mirror to sneak back into Sanji's room. Attend wedding, reveal the plan so they can trigger the Vinsmoke fight vs Big Mom.

2. Have Sanji disguise as his dad, use the mirror to get to Germa kingdom, order the Germa Army to attack.

3. Trash the cloning/tech labs and facilities too. Maybe have the Sun Pirates do it so it can be quicker.

4. Sanji can now go back to the wedding and tell his family he ordered the army to help, Papa Vinsmoke will be like "thank god you so smart son".

5. Beat Big Mom

NSESN

When's the last time OP went on break after a tame chapter?

As far back as I remember it always goes on break during a cliffhanger as shit is about to get real or a major reveal is due to happen.

This chapter is much more tame than the Pudding reveal chapter imo.

Ray Down

Banned
Yeah unless Croc feels some added benefit to working with Luffy he won't, though that doesn't mean Luffy wouldn't want to kick Croc ass and not accept him.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Omfg this.

I mean I rarely, rarely ever think they're bad, but c'mon, some of them are pretty tame, usually because it's setting up for an amazing chapter.
I haven't had a reaction where I wasn't immediately interested in the next chapter since the lull in the middle of Marineford.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom