• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Down

Banned
Usopp is the best character in the series. Bar none.

image.php

Chase17

Even pre water 7 usopp has some good moments (though the same can probably be said for all)
vs Chew is fun. And he has that nice speech after eating a hit from the four ton bat in alabasta.

Zeppu

So I've been pondering and now I think that the electro power thing which the Minks have is gonna end up being something to do with static on their fur or something silly like that. Chopper, seeing how he's been hanging out with Carrot for so long might end up learning it. He could do with a power up.

I think this is more likely than actually having a mink join the crew.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I've been pondering and now I think that the electro power thing which the Minks have is gonna end up being something to do with static on their fur or something silly like that. Chopper, seeing how he's been hanging out with Carrot for so long might end up learning it. He could do with a power up.

That'd be one hell of a power-up for Chopper.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I want No. 11 to be another Luffy/Sanji/Zoro type, human proportioned powerhouse. I mean Law is basically this, but he's not going to stay with the main crew.

HabeeNo

Kungfu Point with electricity >>>

NSESN

Robin just went from boring character that occupied Vivi's rightful place in the crew to someone acceptable in the crew. Usopp went from a joke in a small village to a God.

And he'll still run away scared on wano

When there's a gag to be had, Usopp will act scared (just like Zoro will get lost even in the middle of everyone trying to stop Alubarna from getting blown up, or Sanji nosebleeding even during the most serious moments), but when it's time for shit to go down, Usopp will step the fuck up, and he'll give an inspiring speech, too.

NSESN

When there's a gag to be had, Usopp will act scared (just like Zoro will get lost even in the middle of everyone trying to stop Alubarna from getting blown up, or Sanji nosebleeding even during the most serious moments), but when it's time for shit to go down, Usopp will step the fuck up, and he'll give an inspiring speech, too.

Oh yeah, Usopp's speach in Punk Hazard was the high point of the arc

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Punk Hazard was a good arc ruined by the stupid children mini-arc.

Ok, ruined is a strong word. I still liked it (Monet, Caesar, Kinemon, Dragons, oh my). It did start off stronger than it ended up being though.

Tizoc

Punk Hazard was a good arc ruined by the stupid children mini-arc.

Ok, ruined is a strong word. I still liked it (Monet, Caesar, Kinemon, Dragons, oh my). It did start off stronger than it ended up being though.

One thing I am at odds with on Punk hazard is that Law switches Sanji and co.'s personalities which...doesn't exactly serve much purpose. Then you have Luffy and co. getting caught who then escape with ease, so what was the point of having them captured again aside from switching back Smoker and Tashigi's bodies?

EDIT: Anyone know where to find a cleaner version of this?

Red Fire

Fishman island >>> punk hazard
Punk hazard is not bad but it's my least favorite arc

Best moment was law destroying everything with a single slash
also monet lives

Which usopp speech? I don't remember

NSESN

Punk hazard is not bad but it's my least favorite arc

Best moment was law destroying everything with a single slash
also monet lives

Which usopp speech? I don't remember

When Luffy is about to finish Ceasar.

ckohler

Wow. I thought I was the only person with this opinion. Punk Hazard was boring. I couldn't wait for it to end and that was marathoning it. Fishman Island on the other hand was interesting. It wasn't amazing but it certainly wasn't as bad as most say it was, imo.

Malyse

Fishman Island probably has the best social commentary the series has to offer.

Plus Shirahoshi!

Be that as it may, it still felt slow somehow.

Also, I can't believe that they won't make Pirate Warriors 4. Like, why doesn't OP get it's best series back?

LotusHD

Banned

Also, I can't believe that they won't make Pirate Warriors 4. Like, why doesn't OP get it's best series back?

I'm not a fan of Musou games at all, so that entire series never did anything for me. I got Burning Blood though, and while yea, it was mediocre in terms of content, the base they got there is pretty solid imo

Unlike other anime alternatives (Storm series for example), the characters actually felt varied; loved the fanservice in it as well. If they made a sequel that made things more balanced and greatly expanded on the single player content, I might actually buy it again lol

But yea, ideally I'd love some huge ass One Piece RPG, but realistically, I'd love something that was a mix between Burning Blood and One Piece Unlimited World Red.

Ray Down

Banned

They will maybe have another go at it when there's more arc's.

What did OP warriors 1-2 cover anyhow?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I just figured out what will be the hypest non finding One Piece moment will be in One Piece.

The last page of a chapter where motherfucking Gin returns and says "sup?"

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I unno. 3 was everything upto Dressrosa (but I think they gecko the end)
And stop pretending that y'all don't want One Piece Wind Waker.

Yep.
Covers up to the Law, Doflamingo and Issho fight, then it just goes crazy.
Teach appears, all the Straw Hats are around (as opposed to the Sanji, Nami, Chopper, and Brook leaving), and though they defeat Doflamingo, he gets back up and escapes, pulling a Saturday Morning Cartoon "You may have won this time, but I'll get you!"

If they ever do 4, they can do Dressrosa proper. Unless it's another original dream story like 2. But even then they can add the countless characters introduced in Dressrosa and Zou.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom