• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Light theme for life.

Dark themers are like 100 post per page people. Always needing to tell everyone about how they use the dark theme and 100 posts in order to try and convince themselves that ti's right.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's bad enough when people say "nakama"
Why do people say "no Mi"? SAY FRUIT YOU FUCKING WEEBS!

turmoil

Banned
Light theme for life.

Dark themers are like 100 post per page people. Always needing to tell everyone about how they use the dark theme and 100 posts in order to try and convince themselves that ti's right.

baittrsk2.png

Don't be afraid of change

LotusHD

Banned
Light theme for life.

Lmao, I did that very briefly myself, but I've since stopped.
Am I the baddie?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
It's easy to make fun of untranslated phrases, but I think a line is drawn somewhere

NO:

Mugiwara
no mi
-dan (as in crew)
Yosh

Whatever:

Nakama

YES:

Gomu Gomu and other fruit names
Attack names (especially because in OP they're like, Italian and French too)
Series terminology like haki

Also why no one told me best Daughter has arrived
giphy.gif

That scene was so good.

It's easy to make fun of untranslated phrases, but I think a line is drawn somewhere

NO:

Mugiwara
no mi
-dan (as in crew)
Yosh

Whatever:

Nakama

YES:

Gomu Gomu and other fruit names
Attack names (especially because in OP they're like, Italian and French too)
Series terminology like haki

Move "nakama" into a special "kill it with fire" category above even "NO".

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The word itself is normal, but the emphasis Luffy places on the bonds with his crewmates means that treating it as something special isn't entirely inaccurate. It actually helped get the meaning across for me way back when.

It's not really a weeb thing as much as it is the way giving "friend/crewmate" a special word completely reflects how Luffy sees it. It's not something I would have ever thought of and not something I'd put in a localization if I was the one in charge, but I do think it has its own charm to it.

Now that I've said my two cents on why I don't hate the term nakama (gasp), bring out the hate mob pitchforks and skewer me I guess

Veelk

Banned
I read somewhere that the most accurate translation of the term is "Comrade" but that doesn't work for an american audience since we now closely associate it with Russian communism.

Ray Down

Banned
So for people who wanted
Pudding to get some pay back you might get it.
Some translation of the fully chapter is saying Genie guys assaults Pudding for failing to kill Sanji. Might be a bad trans or a bad full script though.

Ray Down

Banned
Chapter Script:

Gunshots ring out.

Pudding: Look! This is my true form!

Montdor: Pudding?!

Sanji dodges all the shots.

Pudding: You're shocked aren't you? Disappointed aren't you? Relax, you'll be dead soon!! That way I deceived many others!

Sanji: Even yourself, Pudding chan?

Pudding tears up

Pudding: !!?

Her hand holding the gun trembles.

Pudding: Sh-shut up! How can you...!

Daifuku: Move it, Pudding!

Pudding: Kya!

Sanji: !!!?

Pudding: Brother Daifuku!

Daifuku: How can you be useful blundering about like that! This guy has to die or we can't start!

Pudding: Wait! I'll surely!!

Daifuku: You who could not do anything in that moment are useless!

Pudding is hit and sent flying.

Sanji: Pudding chan!

Poor Pudding

Sanji has a new mortal enemy now.

Veelk

Banned

Well....fuck.

If that's honestly how it happened, then it's pretty obvious at this point how things are going to play out.

And seriously, this is just pathetic. You know, you'd think I'd be past being disappointed by OP, with how critical I am of it already. That my expectations would be set appropriately enough that I wouldn't be caught by surprise by anything.

But I guess Goda finds a way.

Veelk

Banned
Oh my god.

Even Germa 66 is falling apart.

Judge is fucking crying because he got betrayed by the pirate he shit talked at every turn in private?!

I don't even like Judge, but what in the fuck

People kept calling this OP's Red Wedding. I mean, I guess you could say I'm getting super pissed off like I was at the Red Wedding, but it's not for the same reasons.

Metal B

Dammit! A setup chapter ...

The price for best line goes to Brook:
Big Mom: "Soul king! I though you died!"
Brook: "Yes, I did. Long time ago."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom