• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Dammit! A setup chapter ...

The price for best line goes to Brook:
Big Mom: "Soul king! I though you died!"
Brook: "Yes, I did. Long time ago."
This was the highlight for me too.

Next chapter is gonna be insane.

Hehehehe...

It's actually the year of Brook.

The Judge part of the chapter was a bit weird. The sons can't feel fear at all? I wonder if they'll betray their father.

I had a feeling though that there were more powerful Big Mom pirates waiting around to fight. No way is Luffy and his allies going to take them all out this moment. There definitely building up for a future fight between the crews in the future. I can't wait for whatever the future Katakuri saw though. Sounds like a grand nightmare.

One thing I've noticed is that we haven't seen the first son or daughter of Big Mom. Could the missing Commander be the son?

Edit:

Props to Oda for creating arguably the coolest looking designs in the Big Mom pirates. Every character feels fresh and creepy while staying within the general candy and fairy tale theme.

Also, Bege has been completely turned around as a character from his simple introduction way back in Sabaody. I'm really glad Oda decided to do something more with all of the supernova. He's really made them into fun characters.

caliph95

Hehehehe...

It's actually the year of Brook.

The Judge part of the chapter was a bit weird. The sons can't feel fear at all? I wonder if they'll betray their father.

I had a feeling though that there were more powerful Big Mom pirates waiting around to fight. No way is Luffy and his allies going to take them all out this moment. There definitely building up for a future fight between the crews in the future. I can't wait for whatever the future Katakuri saw though. Sounds like a grand nightmare.

One thing I've noticed is that we haven't seen the first son or daughter of Big Mom. Could the missing Commander be the son?
Just checked we have seen the First Son and Daughter. Prespero the tongue guy is the oldest son and some woman who hasn't done anything

Metal B

I think, I get Judge now.

We know, that Sanji has a hard time controlling his emotions. If he feels lust, happiness, anger or something else, he always goes over the top with them, which makes him sometimes look like a fool and undermines his coolness.
Though his mother Sanji is the only real child of her and Judge. So if anybody would similar to Judge it would be Sanji. In other words Judge has similar problems controlling his emotions as Sanji, which we see for the first time in this extreme scenario!

This would also explain, why Judge want his children to have no emotions at all. He sees his emotional outbreaks as a heavy weaknesses of him and as an obstacle to his conquering plans.

By the way they will never betray him, since they are programmed to follow all his comments.

Glad we can see Pudding again after a long wait. I'm interested to see exactly where her story is going right now, but she better show some more agency in the next few chapters.

Bege was especially awesome this chapter, particularly at the end.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Glad we can see Pudding again after a long wait. I'm interested to see exactly where her story is going right now, but she better show some more agency in the next few chapters.

Bege was especially awesome this chapter, particularly at the end.

"Long wait"
It's only been two chapters.

LotusHD

Banned
Well, but there was a week off in there, too. It's kind of a long wait when you consider the last thing we saw was a pretty shocking turn of events, and then we waited three weeks to see what happened next.

And still have to wait to see how Big Mom overall reacts to her situation...

Considering how the chapter ends and what Luffy was about to do...shit's about to go down

Yeah, shit is definitely going to be going down.

And I still have no clue how this arc is going to end. Presumably this is going to end with them failing to take down Big Mom, but getting away safely, but I don't really know how we're going to get from here to there. It should be pretty exciting.

Can Pudding redeem herself after this?

Pudding did nothing wrong!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

And I still have no clue how this arc is going to end. Presumably this is going to end with them failing to take down Big Mom, but getting away safely, but I don't really know how we're going to get from here to there. It should be pretty exciting.

I mean, either she's about to have a heart attack or she's going to go biblical on the island. If it's the latter the resulting chaos should give them a window to escape.

marmoka

Banned
So I didn't know the chapter was out, and came directly to the last page. I read some of you guys, and I couldn't understand what the hell you were talking about. Then I asked myself if a new chapter was out, and it was. So I read it, but after swallowing a couple of spoilers: genie guy, and the short talk between Brook and Big Mom.

I didn't like the chapter in the beginning, but then I started thinking about how everything was going, and I think it's a very interesting chapter in the end. I laughed when Brook showed his face in front of everyone, and that reaction... XD

I also hate the genie guy, he deserves all Sanji's anger after hitting Pudding. I wonder how she will behave after this. She could stay evil, or a straw-hat will officially have a girlfriend here.

I didn't expect Sanji's brothers' reactions, so calm, like enjoying it. Reiju had already accepted her death, and watching Judge crying was unexpected. Apparently, this guy has committed many crimes, but it was the first time he could feel death so near.

And Oda got me hyped again. Dogtooth's white skin... It looks like shit has not got real yet.

So we had another good chapter in the end. Cannot wait for next week.

Is Daifuku's fruit the first ever to conjure up a seemingly sentient being? It's like a stand from JoJo's, definitely unlike other fruits we've seen so far.

Anteater

Pudding did nothing wrong!

I think Big Mom is going to either get taken down or their crew suffer heavy damage (and she gets fucked up by another Emperor), because I don't see Oda doing another major arc on her, unless she somehow becomes an alliance for the Straw Hats, the only solution to all current problems is to take her down, if they fail and leave, the fishman island will be in danger, Big Mom will likely go after Sanji's friends at Baratie out of spite, with those problems I'm not sure if Luffy would want to back down.

Veelk

Banned
Can we take a moment to acknowledge how sad Pudding's situation is?

She is shook so badly by Sanji's comment that not only can she not kill him, he has to help her dodge an attack coming at him.

That's how little of a threat she is, that Sanji can save her as she's trying to kill him.

Ray Down

Banned
Sanji should let them all die (Germa 66).

Yes but we can't have that unfortunately. Though as long as Sanji still saves them out of him just being kind rather than liking them.

What a good chapter. I sure hope sanji won't have to protect pudding throughout this whole thing tho...

He will bake a cake with her though!
You mad he ain't fighting Katakuri?

She will, her story clearly isn't done.

Anteater

Pudding was never a threat to begin with, she's not part of big mom's crew in the frontline and likely never fought her entire life, lol, she's sheltered because Big Mom found her third eye important

Ray Down

Banned
Judge Tears:

giphy.gif

I don't see Big Mom's Yonkou status lasting beyond this arc, but I'm not sure she'll end up dead either.

Pudding's memory-alteration will likely be the key to resolving all of this.

Anteater

I don't see Big Mom's Yonkou status lasting beyond this arc, but I'm not sure she'll end up dead either.

Pudding's memory-alteration will likely be the key to resolving all of this.

I guess that's plausible, there's also the Mother Carmel stuff too, I can't think of where Oda is going with that

Ray Down

Banned
So I didn't know the chapter was out, and came directly to the last page. I read some of you guys, and I couldn't understand what the hell you were talking about. Then I asked myself if a new chapter was out, and it was. So I read it, but after swallowing a couple of spoilers: genie guy, and the short talk between Brook and Big Mom.

I didn't like the chapter in the beginning, but then I started thinking about how everything was going, and I think it's a very interesting chapter in the end. I laughed when Brook showed his face in front of everyone, and that reaction... XD

I also hate the genie guy, he deserves all Sanji's anger after hitting Pudding. I wonder how she will behave after this. She could stay evil, or a straw-hat will officially have a girlfriend here.

I didn't expect Sanji's brothers' reactions, so calm, like enjoying it. Reiju had already accepted her death, and watching Judge crying was unexpected. Apparently, this guy has committed many crimes, but it was the first time he could feel death so near.

And Oda got me hyped again. Dogtooth's white skin... It looks like shit has not got real yet.

So we had another good chapter in the end. Cannot wait for next week.

You forgot about Kaya, Usopp waifu, how could you?!

Veelk

Banned
Well let's be real, Pudding was never a threat. If she can't manipulate your memories what's she gonna do, shoot you with a gun?
My point is how pathetic it is that this is what she is reduced to.

Apparently, she's a one trick pony who spoiled her own trick, and then got her own trick used against her to devastating effect by complete accident by the most easily manipulated by women man in the entire manga.

Pudding's abject failure here is simply staggering. And that it's topped off with her futiley trying to shoot a guy who can dodge the future is just such a sad manifestation of her patheticness.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
My point is how pathetic it is that this is what she is reduced to.

Apparently, she's a one trick pony who spoiled her own trick, and then got her own trick used against her to devastating effect by complete accident by the most easily manipulated by women man in the entire manga.

Pudding's abject failure here is simply staggering. And that it's topped off with her futiley trying to shoot a guy who can dodge the future is just such a sad manifestation of her patheticness.

I think it's a bit more pronounced since everyone's been fucking obsessed with Pudding for months now, just cause they liked how big a bitch she was, and reveled in schadenfreude re: Sanji's misery. There's been this assumption of competence for some reason, like she was the ultimate evil, a brilliant mastermind of duplicity, when all she's been doing is pretending to be a nice girl, and using her devil fruit to erase her fuckups. It's certainly a let down if your expectations for her were high, but they probably never should've been in the first place.

Veelk

Banned
I think it's a bit more pronounced since everyone's been fucking obsessed with Pudding for months now, just cause they liked how big a bitch she was, and reveled in schadenfreude re: Sanji's misery. There's been this assumption of competence for some reason, like she was the ultimate evil, a brilliant mastermind of duplicity, when all she's been doing is pretending to be a nice girl, and using her devil fruit to erase her fuckups. It's certainly a let down if your expectations for her were high, but they probably never should've been in the first place.

I really don't feel my expectations were that high though. I mean, I know I partook in Sanji's misery more than most around here, but I was also the one who was constantly criticizing Pudding for unforced errors by acting like a James Bond villain and verbalizing her evil plan for no reason.

And of course, this is one piece. It's a given that the Strawhats will win the day in the end.

But this? I struggle to think of a more pathetic showing of any villain sans the likes of Morgan. I didn't expect her to be an ultimate evil mastermind, even if that would have been really cool. But I expected more than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom