• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
o75yXrL.jpg

from reddit

You know what, Internet? You have a lot of rough spots but...

You're alright Internet. You're alright.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
If the Vinsmokes never fight I'll be seriously upset. Wasted potential if that ends up being the case :/

Although I'm getting the sense we won't be done with them after this arc.

smurfx

get some go again
If the Vinsmokes never fight I'll be seriously upset. Wasted potential if that ends up being the case :/

Although I'm getting the sense we won't be done with them after this arc.
either they go down here or if they survive they go to mariejoa and make a big stink and get executed there.

turmoil

Banned
Will the yonkos exist after BM and Kaido are defeated? Or it will just be an enormous anarchy?

And what is Oda going to do with Shanks?

If there are yonkos before the endgame, I vote for: Blackbeard, Shanks, Luffy and Admiral Buggy

Also, with yonkos as oppressive as BM or Kaido, I don't understand why the Revolutionaries are only enemies of the WG. Though I guess all of them at the same time are more than they can chew.

Ogodei

I feel like Shanks will get offed by one of the Supernovae instead.

Given everyone's track records in fighting so far, probably Urouge.

I feel like Shanks will get offed by one of the Supernovae instead.

Given everyone's track records in fighting so far, probably Urouge.

I think there's a better chance of Kidd being the one to do it.

Either way, I expect that before too long, we'll have the Emperors completely replaced by the Worst Generation.

smurfx

get some go again
i think shanks survives but his crew is annihilated by blackbeard. i think that would be a worst fate for shanks than simply having him die. sounds like something blackbeard might do just to really screw with shanks. shanks survives and helps luffy in the final battle vs the world government. i also see garp being one of the ones who helps luffy at the end.

i think shanks survives but his crew is annihilated by blackbeard. i think that would be a worst fate for shanks than simply having him die. sounds like something blackbeard might do just to really screw with shanks. shanks survives and helps luffy in the final battle vs the world government. i also see garp being one of the ones who helps luffy at the end.

I feel like the exact opposite. Shanks dies, but his crew survives and helps Luffy out. No way Yasopp is dying.

Ray Down

Banned
Shanks and Teach have a history (Teach being the one that gave Shanks his eye scars) and knew something was up him joining Whitebeard from the start, asked Whitebeard to call Ace back from following him and knowing it would lead to more trouble and guess what happened...

The way tease a giant fight between his crew but more important for those 2 to finally duke it out and end it.

Blackbeard is fucking ruthless more than ever now....it just leads you to that conclusion.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Maybe Shanks won't die, but Luffy will swoop in to save him and lose an arm in the process

Magwik

Banned
The thing with Shanks is that if he dies to a Supernova or Blackbeard, it just falls in line with everyone's low expectations. You don't build up the dude for 800+ chapters only to fall in line with expectations. Oda will find a way to fuck with us.

smurfx

get some go again
The thing with Shanks is that if he dies to a Supernova or Blackbeard, it just falls in line with everyone's low expectations. You don't build up the dude for 800+ chapters only to fall in line with expectations. Oda will find a way to fuck with us.
maybe it's the world government that somehow manages to kill shanks. i think they are due at least one emperor death but i think it might be big mom who gets killed off by the world government. akainu moved the marine headquarters to the new world to be more aggressive so he should be able to kill at least one emperor. if big mom gets weakened by luffy and capone then i can see him swoop down and kill off the big mom pirates.

Ray Down

Banned
Get ready for the live action One Piece movie done by Sony.

Staring:
Chris Prat as Luffy
Adam Sandler as Zoro
Emma Stone as Nami
Chris Rock as Usopp
David Spade as Sanji

smurfx

get some go again
Luffy already hates Akainu and Blackbeard. What would Shanks' dying at heir hands accomplish?

Supernovas tho....
luffy would probably hold a grudge against the people who killed shanks. i just don't see luffy having a big arc against another supernova. i can see another supernova start acquiring a big fleet like luffy but that supernova would probably get taken down by blackbeard. i see luffy taking down kaido and then his next big fight being against blackbeard.

Get ready for the live action One Piece movie done by Sony.

Staring:
Chris Prat as Luffy
Adam Sandler as Zoro
Emma Stone as Nami
Chris Rock as Usopp
David Spade as Sanji

I almost thought you were being serious and Sony bought the movie rights to One Piece. lol

God, that would be a mess.

Ray Down

Banned
One Piece, like Dragonball, hell like most manga/anime, should never be live action.
Totally agree, I really don't get why some think no DBZ can work.

Like only really early DB tournament could work but no one wants a shit child actor as Goku and no American studio will go that far since the western fan base only wants Z.

Order of chance I think Emperors have of dying: Kaido > Shanks > Blackbeard > Big Mom.

I am 99% sure Kaido will die at some point. The rest I don't know, but I think Big Mom has the lowest chance to.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
If the Funimation buy-out leads to movies... ugh no.

At least if a One Piece movie happens, you can't really accuse them of white-washing Luffy, he's technically not Japanese since there's no Japan.

If the Funimation buy-out leads to movies... ugh no.

At least if a One Piece movie happens, you can't really accuse them of white-washing Luffy, he's technically not Japanese since there's no Japan.

It's not going to have anything to do with movies. It's not like Funimation actually has the film rights to anything, so it wouldn't change anything in that regard. Anyone who wanted to do a One Piece movie would still be needing to deal with Oda and Shueisha directly.

Veelk

Banned

Maybe cultural appropriation. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that Oda takes some kind of idea and just makes an island out of it. When it comes to Thriller Bark, it's basically Oda's take on Nightmare Before Christmas, or Totland comes off as an Alice in Wonderland sort of place. That's fine. Alabasta just seems....Arabian/Egyptian. Filled with white people. Dressrosa is basically spain, but filled with white people. Really, just the utter lack of people of color anywhere in Oda's world while having all these clear replications of poc cultures will probably cause controversy. Not to mention all the sexual objectification of women, if they stay faithful to the source material.

But an OP live action movie is...not possible. Like, seriously, given infinite resources, I can't even imagine how it'd be done. I mean, how do you make the physics and actions of OP not look stupid? I can't even picture Luffy fighting naturally with his rubber powers. ANyone putting a third sword in their mouth, let alone having a sword fight, is not going to look powerful. Oda gets away with it because his manga panels don't show all the inbetween action, but have you ever actually tried to imagine how Zoro gets from Panel A->B in some of his fights with 3 swords?And how do you do Usopp's nose or Sanji's eye swirl and not just have it laughed off. And that's just the main crew. There are so many character whose appearance or powers will just not work in live action.

And that's before you get to the actual arcs. MAYBE some can work like Morgans or Usopp's. Maybe even Arlong park. But how in the world do you compress something like Alabasta into a comprehensible 2.5 hours?

An faithful adaptation just isn't really in the cards. Maybe a non-canon OP movie, if they somehow manage to get the CGI to work to make everything look nonstupid, but good luck with that. But the OP story is one of those stories that can only really be told in manga and anime form (and maybe not even anime)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom