• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're talking hypotheticals, it would be cool if a live live action cast would follow that old SBS nationalities answer (although Usopp could be more specific than 'Africa').

Red Fire

For the Gold Film should i watch the heart of gold special or just ignore it

I watched it like 1 hour before we went to see gold in theaters, sped up x2 lol i wanted to see it but forgot about it

But i think it was pretty good you should watch it beforehand. Movie is better if you have a little background knowledge through the special

If we're talking hypotheticals, it would be cool if a live live action cast would follow that old SBS nationalities answer (although Usopp could be more specific than 'Africa').

Eh, it's best to take those with a grain of salt. Oda pretty much threw some darts at a map and just picked whatever they landed on.
I don't think he spent more than five minutes thinking about nationalities.

Ray Down

Banned
All the SH nationalities:

Monkey D. Luffy: Brazilian
Roronoa Zoro: Japanese
Nami: Swedish
Usopp: African
Sanji: French
Tony Tony Chopper: Canadian
Nico Robin: Russian
Franky: American
Brook: Austrian

SaniOYOYOY

All the SH nationalities:

Monkey D. Luffy: Brazilian
Roronoa Zoro: Japanese
Nami: Swedish
Usopp: African
Sanji: French
Tony Tony Chopper: Canadian
Nico Robin: Russian
Franky: American
Brook: Austrian

Jinbei - Italian?
it just crosses my mind, once Jinbei joins officially the sbs afterwards should be intresting because of these

marmoka

Banned
I always thought Usopp was from the Middle East than Africa.

For Nami, a ginger actress should fit well.

And Luffy Brazilian, looks bizarre.

HBO should adapt One Piece to TV series. It would be a great replacement for Game of Thrones.

Ray Down

Banned
Jinbei - Italian?
it just crosses my mind, once Jinbei joins officially the sbs afterwards should be intresting because of these

yakuzarestorationpic1_083113.jpg

He's a Yakuza.

There's also this color spread that plays around with different culture's clothing

Luffy - Japanese
Zoro - German
Nami - American
Usopp - Brazilian
Sanji - (still) French
Chopper (still maybe) Canadian
Robin - Indian
Franky - Chinese
Brook - British

Man God

Non-Canon Member
My mind associates heavy machines with the Soviet Union so Franky would be Russian.

Carrot - Dutch

Franky is powered by Coca-Cola™, wears a Hawaiian shirt, debuted with an Ace Ventura style hairdo, Fires guns with reckless abandon, and has sunglasses.

He's pretty god damned american. Missing the cowboy hat, football helmet, Stars and stripes attire but he's up there.

RomanceDawn

Franky is powered by Coca-Cola™, wears a Hawaiian shirt, debuted with an Ace Ventura style hairdo, Fires guns with reckless abandon, and has sunglasses.

He's pretty god damned american. Missing the cowboy hat, football helmet, Stars and stripes attire but he's up there.

Quoted for truth. Don't forget his favorite food being hamburgers!

turmoil

Banned

Maybe it also works with vodka!

I know it's clearly American

Ray Down

Banned

He's pretty god damned american
. Missing the cowboy hat, football helmet, Stars and stripes attire but he's up there.

Welles_cheeseburger_reduced.gif

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Man, if anyone looked even close to anime characters in real life (without cartoony proportions), they'd be an instant celebrity.

Why are real people so ugly.

I love that color spread.

Man, if anyone looked even close to anime characters in real life (without cartoony proportions), they'd be an instant celebrity.

There's some people that have gotten facial surgery to look more like an anime character. It's more creepy than cute.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
There's some people that have gotten facial surgery to look more like an anime character. It's more creepy than cute.

There's an episode of Ninja Sentai Kakuranger where a little girl has her face altered to look like a manga. It's exactly as freaky as it sounds.

LotusHD

Banned

I barely like it when people dye their hair a different color lol (An "out there" one, like pink or blue)

I dunno. Luffy's country could be a commentary on Brazil.

Brazil has the second highest Japanese population in the world after Japan.
So maybe there's something there. I dunno what it could be.

Maybe. But there's no way cigarette smoking, lady crazy chef Sanji isn't French.

Some are more obvious than others like Franky, Brook, Sanji and Zoro.
But that's really mostly surface-level stuff.

Oda's just picking locations based on their traits and appearances.

BatDan

Oh by the way, Death Battle Natsu vs Ace happened.
Shock of shocks Natsu won. Gee, I wondered if the main protagonist that always gets bullshit power ups (which are overkill in a genre known for bullshit power ups) was going to lose to a supporting character that only showed up in a few arcs and ended up DEAD.

This really did feel like throwing a bone to the angry Erza fans.

LotusHD

Banned
Oh by the way, Death Battle Natsu vs Ace happened.
Shock of shocks Natsu won. Gee, I wondered if the main protagonist that always gets bullshit power ups (which are overkill in a genre known for bullshit power ups) was going to lose to a supporting character that only showed up in a few arcs and ended up DEAD.

This really did feel like throwing a bone to the angry Erza fans.

I don't even know why you bring all this stuff up, when Natsu eats fire lol

BatDan

I don't even know why you bring all this stuff up, when Natsu eats fire lol

It's better than Pudding stans and the millionth whiny argument about why Oda is an evil sexist that wants women back in the kitchen because "muh speed reading"

LotusHD

Banned
It's better than Pudding stans and the millionth whiny argument about why Oda is an evil sexist that wants women back in the kitchen because "muh speed reading"

What?

Umm, your passive-aggressiveness aside, I wasn't saying "Why'd you post this at all", but rather I just found it funny that you're annoyed by Natsu winning when he's basically immune to fire. According to Bishop apparently he didn't get eaten (lol), but regardless, of course he wasn't gonna win lol

BatDan

Ah yeah, happy birthday Luffy.
In real time he would be 37.

What?

Umm, your passive-aggressiveness aside, I wasn't saying "Why'd you post this at all", but rather I just found it funny that you're annoyed by Natsu winning when he's basically immune to fire. According to Bishop apparently he didn't get eaten (lol), but regardless, of course he wasn't gonna win lol

I wasn't annoyed he won, I called it back when it was announced.
I'm annoyed that this was clearly throwing a bone to the plebien Fairy Tail fans that got mad Erza lost to Zoro.
It happened when Batman lost to Spider-Man so they had him beat Captain America (even though Cap would still beat Bats)

Veelk

Banned

Literally ever word of this is wrong, though (though stanning Pudding is a dying practice as of recent chapters)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom