• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Down

Banned
More like eat their way in lol

Nah thats there exit strategy.

To enter BM gives Pekoms a chance to plead his case so he is allowed to enter, in order to sneak the others in they dress up.

Brook gets in pretending to be part of the band that plays at the reception, Chopper is Pekoms plus 1.

Carrot will pair with Pedro, Luffy will pair with Nami all will be dressed up in costumes and will get in as friends of the Groom.

Nah thats there exit strategy.

To enter BM gives Pekoms a chance to plead his case so he is allowed to enter, in order to sneak the others in they dress up.

Brook gets in pretending to be part of the band that plays at the reception, Chopper is Pekoms plus 1.

Carrot will pair with Pedro, Luffy will pair with Nami all will be dressed up in costumes and will get in as friends of the Groom.
This would be amazing! The guest angle would be so fucking awesome.

jercruz

Great! Luffy got poisoned and is out of commission. How can they handle Germa 66 and Sanji's brother?

Also break next week.

man, this latest episode of the anime is like, WOW.

I think that the character art and animation in this episode is actually, legitimately, honest-to-god the worst the series has seen yet, and by a pretty noticeable margin. In like every single scene.

omfg4kui4.png

what the fuck is this

Here's perhaps my favorite shot in the episode.

what2quxo.png

Just a decently drawn shot of Kyros slowly walking toward the Royal Plateau, with a letter in hand.

What's wrong with this picture...

Majukun

yep,character were off-model as fuck during the entire episode,and the shot of kyros is hilarious

also..weren't we supposed to gt the chapter soon enough?how in-depth are the spoilers?only text or also images?

what2quxo.png

Just a decently drawn shot of Kyros slowly walking toward the Royal Plateau, with a letter in hand.

Dude got a prosthesis.

yep,character were off-model as fuck during the entire episode,and the shot of kyros is hilarious

also..weren't we supposed to gt the chapter soon enough?how in-depth are the spoilers?only text or also images?

Only text. The scans will probably be available on Wednesday like they normally do.

well, I just looked into it and that might not be a mistake. (or if it is, it's a mistake that got carried over to the anime, lmao) Kyros regains his leg in the manga, it's there during the recovery at Kyros' house, and it's never mentioned or given a second thought to whatsoever outside of it just being there, iirc. I don't remember anyone explicitly giving him a new leg or prosthesis...

Majukun

well, I just looked into it and that's not a mistake. Kyros regains his leg in the manga, it's there during the recovery at Kyros' house, and it's never mentioned or given a second thought to whatsoever outside of it just being there, iirc. I don't remember anyone explicitly giving him a new leg or prosthesis...

it was a mistake by oda that was corrected in the volume release

it was a mistake by oda that was corrected in the volume release

well ain't that some shit.
okay this has been bothering me for a while and I'd like someone a little more educated than me to correct me or not. I keep seeing Sanji's name translated as Vinsmoke, and now Vinsmock. Is it safe to assume that Sanji's official English last name might be Bismarck? 'Vinsmock' really sounds like it's to 'Bismarck' what 'Za Warudo' is to 'The World'.

edit apparently not, there's a one piece character from a movie named Bismarck and his name is spelt quite differently from Sanji's last name.

Cwarrior

man, this latest episode of the anime is like, WOW.

I think that the character art and animation in this episode is actually, legitimately, honest-to-god the worst the series has seen yet, and by a pretty noticeable margin. In like every single scene.

omfg4kui4.png

what the fuck is this

I don't see the bad art? where is it? and there's no animation it's a screen shot you posted.

If guys think the art or even animation looked bad this episode then you need to throw your eye balls in the bin, cause there broken.

https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/22535/animated-character_acting-effects-naotoshi_shida-o

https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/22537/animated-effects-fighting-fire-one_piece-smoke-yos

The episode was debute of a really talented animator being promoted to an animation director, his high detailed style was something out of a anime movie.

All the top animation directors have there own style of drawing the characters in the anime(eisaku inoue,katumi ishizuka,noaki tate),none of the best follow the manga or chief animation director but are given the freedom to experss there art.

Majukun

well ain't that some shit.
okay this has been bothering me for a while and I'd like someone a little more educated than me to correct me or not. I keep seeing Sanji's name translated as Vinsmoke, and now Vinsmock. Is it safe to assume that Sanji's official English last name might be Bismarck? 'Vinsmock' really sounds like it's to 'Bismarck' what 'Za Warudo' is to 'The World'.

edit apparently not, there's a one piece character from a movie named Bismarck and his name is spelt quite differently from Sanji's last name.

nah,bismark and vinsmoke are phonetically different for it to be the case,at least if there isn't some strange pronuntiation i'm not aware of ,since there's definitely a "mo" and not a "ma" in the katakana (bi-i-su-mo-ku)
you can find it translated as vinsmock and vinsmoke because they are phonetically identical ,and the romanization depends purely on oda's will in this case..
vinsmoke seems like the best option because vin means wine in french,and smoke because ,well,of smoking

marmoka

Banned
I remember some weeks ago Kid was nearly death in Kaidou's ship. I didn't remember that they both meeted. Sometimes is nice to watch anime episodes, many important features come back to memories.

Tomorrow, my colleague, who does not read the manga, will tell me that Kaidou will join Kid and the rest to beat Shanks. I will have to stay quiet in order not to spoil anything. I'll just tell him we don't know nothing yet, that nothing is clear.

what2quxo.png

His leg regenerated? Toei please!!

Squishy3

I remember some weeks ago Kid was nearly death in Kaidou's ship. I didn't remember that they both meeted. Sometimes is nice to watch anime episodes, many important features come back to memories.

Tomorrow, my colleague, who does not read the manga, will tell me that Kaidou will join Kid and the rest to beat Shanks. I will have to stay quiet in order not to spoil anything. I'll just tell him we don't know nothing yet, that nothing is clear.

His leg regenerated? Toei please!!
Toei also had a walk cycle where Kyros was walking with two legs awhile back too.

To be fair since he's wearing pants you wouldn't see the stump and Kyros has been excellently standing on one leg for the entire arc anyway. :p

marmoka

Banned
Toei also had a walk cycle where Kyros was walking with two legs awhile back too.

To be fair since he's wearing pants you wouldn't see the stump and Kyros has been excellently standing on one leg for the entire arc anyway. :p

I still remember his running sequences. I understand animating a single-leg man holding a sword and running has to be quite hard. But today... I can't believe they aren't able to animate him walking properly.

He had a good animation when he was a toy soldier.

El Sabroso

still there was the sound for both steps

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
bleach is out,hopefully onepiece comes out soon

Yeah I saw Bleach was out and realized that we're getting the chapters already.

Meaning we're not going to get the next chapter for a long while. This latest issue of Jump officially comes out May 9th. The one after would be May 16th. Chapter leaks for the May 16th issue would come out on the 13th. We have confirmation that there will be no chapter on the May 16th issue, meaning it will be in the May 23rd issue, and those leaks will come out on the 19th. So I can imagine Oda will end this on a painful cliffhanger to really hurt us

The fact that Germa 66 knew it was Luffy but yet didn't attack makes me think that they're going to capture the group. It makes it easier since Luffy is sick.

Syntsui

The fact that Germa 66 knew it was Luffy but yet didn't attack makes me think that they're going to capture the group. It makes it easier since Luffy is sick.

And Brook will probably free them again, that's a possibility. Also, that was definetly one of Lola's sister.

Ray Down

Banned
Nice, a twin brother! Can't wait to see his reaction when he take a look at Nami.

Nah can't be a twin while Sanji has brothers, I think we would have learned if one was his twin probably just looks alike alot.

Rip Tangerine theory

Was that Lola?!

Also, Sanji's brother!

Just a theory, no that Capones wife who I guess he married when he joined BM.

Sanji dodged a bullet and luckily Sanji got the best one from the looks of it. So I guess this confirms Lola is one of BM daughters.

Syntsui

Didn't Sanji interact with Lola before? I expected some kind of reaction after seeing a girl that looks exactly like her.

ffdgh

Oh hey it's lola...kinda and it looks luffy's poison resistance does have a limit lol. Last but not least...that curly brow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom