• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Fire

Which clothes set, pre or post skip?

This one

Portrait-of-Pirates-Nami-Mugiwara-Ver-Limited-Figure-in-Luffys-Clothes-MegaHouse-2014-e1377977703862.jpg

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I mean, we could always talk about shipping...

Yeah that sounds like a fantastic idea! Let's start a ranking of most likely ships Luffy X Hancock >Barth X Luffy > Zorro x Chopper > Luffy X Robin > Sanji X Nami > Franky X Brook > Zorro X Sword

If you hadn't noticed I'm joking please don't...

*sees One Piece OT*

"Oh, there seems to be a lot of activity in the One Piece manga thread. Let's see what interesting discussions are being talked abo---"

*enters thread*
*looks at recent posts*

7O2FM6I.gif

*leaves thread*

*sees One Piece OT*

"Oh, there seems to be a lot of activity in the One Piece manga thread. Let's see what interesting discussions are being talked abo---"

*enters thread*
*looks at recent posts*

7O2FM6I.gif

*leaves thread*
Oh you know you love it.

Anyway, regarding shipping, Franky has done a great job keeping the Sunny nice and healthy and I'm sure they will get to Raftel on it.

Spinx

Spoilers are out. wat.

No chapter in the following issue. OP returns in Issue 25
negativeman.png

The spoilers are for the chapter that comes out in issue 23. I think

Cover: The Sky Island of Weatheria
Title: The Illustrated Story in “The World”

Vito reveals the tale behind “Germa 66″

Germa 66 were a demonic army who clashed with the marines and based on their various confrontations the Navy created famous stories regarding the “Heroes” of the Navy.

It was an Illustrated Story published in “The World” (An International Newspaper)

“The brave warrior of the sea who could walk on top of the sea named “Sora” and the ROBO alliance and Kanome duked it out with the demonic army Germa 66″

There are fans of the story all over world!

Essentially it was a tale that was made to brainwash the kids with the Navy ideology.

Sanji is connected to them.

An assassin from the Capone’s crew named Goti is angry at Sanji and even Vito can’t stop him.

Lola (From Thriller Bark) appears and scolds Goti for his actions. Even he can’t escape her wrath.

Out on the Sea:

Luffy and co have no food. They’re suffering from starvation.

Luffy, Pedro, Chopper and Brook decide to go and fish for food.

Out appears a huge fish that they manage to capture.

Luffy can’t hold back and is wants to dig in straight away. Chopper goes after Sanji’s cookbooks and looks into how to prepare the fish. Luffy has already begun to eat it before everyone else.

Everyone is satisfied with fish but Luffy has been ‘poisoned’ by eating the fish before preparations and is out cold.

The rest of the crew are looking to make their way through Big Moms territory when Pekoms explains why ships on her waters never make it through without her say.

Under the sea, there are telepathic sea creatures which send signals to Big Mom’s ships if there are unidentified ships on Big Mom’s waters.

Out of the mist ahead appears a huge ship belonging to Germa 66. In the ship, a guy with a curly eyebrow observes with a threatening look at the Sunny!

END

No chapter in the following issue. OP returns in Issue 25

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Post-Golden Week chapter is almost always out early compared to others. Everybody is on vacation during Golden Week, so they have to publish earlier than usual in order to have the magazines in stores on time for the following week.

Apparently the girl on the ship isn't Lola, it's someone who looks like her, which probably means Lola is related Big Mom anyway

Post-Golden Week chapter is almost always out early compared to others. Everybody is on vacation during Golden Week, so they have to publish earlier than usual in order to have the magazines in stores on time for the following week.

yeah, this isn't super uncommon around double issues in general

Ray Down

Banned
God to hear we have more wacky adventures with Luffy, Nami, Chopper, Brook, Pedro Peko and Carrot.

Since its been generally funny and amusing.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Oda is still taking his break?! Noooo

Oda seems to get his WSJ mandated breaks either way, because he's an overworking chain smoker who get's like 4 hours of sleep a day. I'm not surprised he get's forced to take so many breaks, this whole thing comes crashing down if he becomes ill. Main reason why I have no issue with the consistent On piece breaks.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Out of the mist ahead appears a huge ship belonging to Germa 66. In the ship, a guy with a curly eyebrow observes with a threatening look at the Sunny!
It's gotta be Ichiji or Niji

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I have no idea how the series is still this good after so long

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I have no idea how the series is still this good after so long

Honest I felt like post skip Oda largly went on auto pilot probably because he didn't feel that they were all that important in the grand scheme of things, but after dressdosa we're actually on the home stretch with direct conflict with the Yonkou Oda has started to put his A game on and has gone back to pre-timeskip quality.

I'm glad though because auto pilot Oda was really bringing the story down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom