• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe Nami could some how incorporate the Yuki Yuki no Mi into her new Clima Tact.

I mean we already have a sword that ate a devil fruit and Fujitora basically uses his sword as the focal point for his DF powers

That could be interesting. Though I don't think inanimate objects getting DF powers will be explained until Vegapunk is introduced, so it depends on how long they hold onto the fruit, assuming it's there.

This far-fetched theory is ridiculous and shouldn't be given the time of day.
If there was a devil fruit in the tangerine trees, we would have gotten some type of hint or foreshadowing towards it happening.

Big One

Banned
If there was a devil fruit in the tangerine trees, we would have gotten some type of hint or foreshadowing towards it happening.
But there is foreshadowing and hints of this happening. That's where the theory even stems from. Monet's snow bunnies appear floating in the sea on the Strawhat's way out of Punk Hazard.

I mean, we kind of did already with Smiley and the apple way back at Punk Hazard. If Monet really died then it's pretty plausible, I wouldn't feel blindsided whatsoever.

We'll find out soon!

Majukun

even if one of nami's fruits is now a devil fruit,only 2 people really can eat it,luffy and carrot,because they are the only two dense or naive enough to not recognize the total different look of the fruit..any other person would recognize that it's a devil fruit from a mile away,so they can't eat it by accident

that being said,it sounds like just another crazy theory with very little hints in the actual manga

Oh that would be crazy!

Carrot eating the fruit would make the most sense.

Oh gawd.
The crew starving + Carrot picking a strange looking fruit from the tree =
jMg5tb1.gif

For anyone interested in the "proof"/foreshadowing about Carrot eating the fruit here it is:

The first panel is the crew leaving Punk Hazard and the second is one of Monet's attacks. Not sure if this is enough to go off of but it's definitely interesting. I'm sort of against it because it would be strange to give a newly introduced character such a big powerup right before an arc starts. I guess if she's an experienced fighter then she could get the hang of it like Sabo instantly got the hang of the Mera Mera.

Big One

Banned
For anyone interested in the "proof"/foreshadowing about Carrot eating the fruit here it is:

The first panel is the crew leaving Punk Hazard and the second is one of Monet's attacks. Not sure if this is enough to go off of but it's definitely interesting. I'm sort of against it because it would be strange to give a newly introduced character such a big powerup right before an arc starts. I guess if she's an experienced fighter then she could get the hang of it like Sabo instantly got the hang of the Mera Mera.
Well a snow rabbit is a common trope in Japanese mythology, so it makes sense heading into Wano that Carrot would be associated with this myth.

Ray Down

Banned
even if one of nami's fruits is not a devil fruit,only 2 people really can eat it,luffy and carrot,because they are the only two dense or naive enough to not recognize the total different look of the fruit..any other person would recognize that it's a devil fruit from a mile away,so they can't eat it by accident

that being said,it sounds like just another crazy theory with very little hints in the actual manga

Pretty much.

It just speculation for all we know it only goes to fruit it originally was and it wasn't a Mikan.

Majukun

fast waves in japan are called usaginami,namely,bunny waves

also..what would exactly been happening there otherwise? how would monet able to do that?

Big One

Banned
fast waves in japan are called usaginami,namely,bunny waves

also..what would exactly been happening there otherwise? how would monet able to do that?
The major theory behind Devil Fruits as we know them is the each Devil Fruit has a "soul" or some aspect that makes them alive, due to the fact that they're able to bring objects such as swords and guns into living creatures. So the idea is that after Monet's death, her fruit's spirit (in the form of those bunnies) went to the nearest fruit tree.

Majukun

The major theory behind Devil Fruits as we know them is the each Devil Fruit has a "soul" or some aspect that makes them alive, due to the fact that they're able to bring objects such as swords and guns into living creatures. So the idea is that after Monet's death, her fruit's spirit (in the form of those bunnies) went to the nearest fruit tree.

we already saw a fruit reincarnate..no "animal spirit" was present.and that was actually a zoan,one of the fruits able to give life to object,unlike paramecia and logias

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
It should be noted that a fan did ask Oda about the snow rabbits in the waves:

D: Regarding Chapter 700... Oops...! Good evening, Odacchi! Regarding Chapter 700, while Luffy and the others are on the way to Dressrosaroba, we can see animals that look like sea rabbits. What does Law like to eat other than Onigiri? P.N. Hasumomo

O: Well, ummm, grilled fish! Alright, next question.

So Oda felt it was important enough to bring into the SBS but still purposefully ignored the question at the same time.

Grexeno

The problem with "Carrot eats the Snow-Snow Fruit out of Nami's tangerine grove" is that we have no reason to believe it's in the tangerine grove in the first place.

Majukun

It should be noted that a fan did ask Oda about the snow rabbits in the waves:

So Oda felt it was important enough to bring into the SBS but still purposefully ignored the question at the same time.

he answered the one question..the other wasn't a question..at least as you report it

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The problem with "Carrot eats the Snow-Snow Fruit out of Nami's tangerine grove" is that we have no reason to believe it's in the tangerine grove in the first place.

The Snow Snow Fruit could have gone towards one of the apples out in the Punk Hazard snow. Sitting right next to the Sala Sala Fruit: Axolotl Model

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

Since When Where You Under The Impression That those were tangerines in the first place?

For all we know those trees could be unriped devil fruits. :3

Majukun

The Snow Snow Fruit could have gone towards one of the apples out in the Punk Hazard snow. Sitting right next to the Sala Sala Fruit: Axolotl Model

since the fruit have a recognizable and individual shape (since we know that exist an encyclopedia of them and blackbeard successfully identified one of them thansk to that), it's highly probable that the right fruit must be in place for the fruit to reincarnate,..and since apples were the fruit for the zoan fruit,it would be a pretty nig coincidence that tey are also the fruit for the snow snow

nothing in her powers suggest her being able to do..that
Huh? She's doing it in the picture. We're talking about Monet, right?
Again... Pell survived a nuke to the face. And a funeral.
Surviving an explosion and surviving being stabbed in the heart, having that heart removed from your body, and having to survive tons of rubble from an explosion to find that heart and put it back in seems a little ridiculous.

If she really did survive then someone probably saved her, maybe Aokiji?

But there is foreshadowing and hints of this happening. That's where the theory even stems from. Monet's snow bunnies appear floating in the sea on the Strawhat's way out of Punk Hazard.

As mentioned above, the bunnies are just a play on words and are 99% not related to Monet's power.

It wouldn't make sense if they were somehow related since she's a devil fruit user and her snow bunnies wouldn't function underwater/

Squishy3

Monet's death also feels more concrete than say, Pell, Igaram, Sabo, etc. If someone dies and you don't explicitly see the death up close and personal (Ace, Whitebeard, surely some others that I may be forgetting...) they aren't dead.

Even then before Monet's heart got stabbed she could barely move too.

make rabbits out of snow is on the scope of their powers, being the snow snow.. making waves with images of bunnies in it, no, not at all
Oh yeah, I don't think the wave thing is connected to Monet at all. If anything you could see it as foreshadowing, just more rabbit imagery, but it's not a concrete Monet thing.

Doesn't foreshadow the snow fruit at all really.

Nightbird

I think Monet is clearly dead.
Not only is her heart outside her Body and stabbed, Laws Room, the thing that made the heart still function outside her body is not active anymore.

There's no way she's alive.

Majukun

I think Monet is clearly dead.
Not only is her heart outside her Body and stabbed, Laws Room, the thing that made the heart still function outside her body is not active anymore.

There's no way she's alive.

you can se those little cubes around the heart as "mini-rooms"..they still work even without a room being opened if that is your problem

but she is still probably dead

mrmickfran

Half the people in Skypiea survived getting zorched by Enel is my second favorite example.
I'll never forget how dumbfounded I was after that. I saw Skypiea after not seeing the show for years, so I didn't really remember any instances where a character that should've been dead actually died.

Then I went back and rewatched the series to find out that it was commonplace :|

Red Fire

Pell survives a nuke, kouza's dad survives a giant ass sandstorm coming directly towards him, skypians survive millions of volt, spandam survives getting his spine in two pieces, law survives a couple of bullets from right in front of him, sabo survives getting blown away on a tiny ass raft etc etc.

Not saying she survived 100% but I don't think monet is necessarily dead.

Syntsui

Pell survives a nuke, kouza's dad survives a giant ass sandstorm coming directly towards him, skypians survive millions of volt, spandam survives getting his spine in two pieces, law survives a couple of bullets from right in front of him, sabo survives getting blown away on a tiny ass raft etc etc.

Not saying she survived 100% but I don't think monet is necessarily dead.

Getting your heart stabbed while your body explodes is in a another tier tough.

Gvitor

Next cover story arc will obviously be Monet getting up from the rubble and looking for her heart, only to find Brownbeard has taken control of PH and her heart. While she tries to get it back, she falls in love with him.

and that is her song of ice and fire

If she is alive then there is potential for some backstory. Monet and Sugar joined Doflamingo years after Law's flashback so there could be something there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom