• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kornflayx

That is Zoro infiltrating Germa 66 with a fake Sanji eyebrow right? Right guys?

I hope his brothers aren't all clones who just have different hair / eyebrows etc

Majukun

The insignia for the Sora guy is the Marines and the WG's insignias combined. That might be important.

well they just said that he is basically the representation of the marines to "brainwash" children into thinking that they are the strongest and the bearer of justice

GhostBed

Really interesting to hear about this Sora character. If he's from the same "fictional" story as the Germa 66 then it's safe to assume that he's real. Maybe it's referencing Sengoku as a young marine? Or maybe someone else entirely?

Also, that was definitely Lola. I wonder how her vivre card will play into all this?

Taborcarn

Really interesting to hear about this Sora character. If he's from the same "fictional" story as the Germa 66 then it's safe to assume that he's real. Maybe it's referencing Sengoku as a young marine? Or maybe someone else entirely?

Not a bad theory. Sora has a pet seagull, and there's this hat:
sengoku.png

I think it's not Lola guys. Lola doesn't have one of her front teeth and the woman aboard Big Mom's ship didn't recognize Sanji.

- Teeth vs broken one
- Hairstyle & length
- Dots on the cheek vs hearts
- Hat vs ribbon

(This is Lola's appearance after Thriller Bark)

I think she is Lola's sister. Both could still be Big Mom's daughter.

AHA! Someone on here kept telling me we wouldn't get Sanji's family members with Curly eyebrows because Oda once said that Sanji Curled his own eyebrows, meaning it wasn't some family trait.

Curly eyebrows, curly eyebrows everywhere!

AHA! Someone on here kept telling me we wouldn't get Sanji's family members with Curly eyebrows because Oda once said that Sanji Curled his own eyebrows, meaning it wasn't some family trait.

Curly eyebrows, curly eyebrows everywhere!

I'm not sure if you are talking about me (probably not) but I once said that was a possibility. Never said it was guaranteed. lol

Anyway, if that's a Vinsmoke particular trait, I wonder why Sanji kept that style if that could easily bring him into problems if he was identified.

Majukun

I'm not sure if you are talking about me (probably not) but I once said that was a possibility. Never said it was guaranteed. lol

Anyway, if that's a Vinsmoke particular trait, I wonder why Sanji kept that style if that could easily bring him into problems if he was identified.
well it seems like he had no reason to think that his family wanted him back.. it's not like they were looking around for him, he just happened to be the right man for this wedding.
also, it's not really a style, just like curly hairs, he probably can't straighten those eyebrows even if he wants to

Majukun

I was talking about shaving part of it. That shoud be easy.

as i said,for what we were able to see by his reaction,he never thought his family would want him back in the first place,so it's not like he had any need to disguise himself
actually he was trying to get his face on a wanted poster for a long time

RomanceDawn

Does Sanji's tea pot also have eyes? Are those sea slugs wearing hats with an antenna sticking out of them? Looks like the mad hatters style. The soldiers are like the Queen of Hearts' soldiers. That living door also brings to mind the living door knob from Alice in Wonder Land. Lola and Okami could be the Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum of this story. Maybe Oda's about to go full Disney.

I'm gonna love this arc's setting. A candy wonderland with mafia references all about.

The Germa 66 is fascinating considering how covert and evil an organization it is in the eyes of the public. As other have said, I wonder if the Sora character is based on any particular person.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Doooooor. Sanji in Wonderland incoming.
The comic strip about Sora vs the Germa 66 is an interesting tidbit, and yeah there's likely a real Sora out there (or there was one but he died)
Luffy is so hopeless. I guess this is the way of putting him out of commission and relying on the others to do the fighting since Luffy would likely wreck so much shit.
What did happen to Nami's tangerine trees?
Curly eyebrow. ... So begins the 17 day wait to see the follow-up to that.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Finally watched the last ep of the anime, got Kaido's Whitebeard comment finally straightened out. I remember in the scanlations he seemed angry at Whitebeard for dying but it wasn't super clear why. Looks like he was just envious of his ability to die at all, "Whitebeard can do it, why can't I" kind of situation. Maybe this was already cleared up in the VIZ scans and I missed it, but was good to see here.

Most people don't think Germa 66 exists anyway going by Nami, so I doubt it would have mattered.

The underworld knows about them and also the yonkou Big Mom. If Sanji wanted to be a famous pirate he would know the risk of being recognized by these people. I can only assume he didn't care about it which is weird if Germa 66 is really powerful and supposedly evil. Remember that Sanji said before leaving to Whole Cake that he didn't want his past to drag his companions with him.

as i said,for what we were able to see by his reaction,he never thought his family would want him back in the first place,so it's not like he had any need to disguise himself
actually he was trying to get his face on a wanted poster for a long time

I know, I thought he assumed his family thought he was dead after Zeff's attack. He never used his surname and lived a new life as a cook in the Baratie, I guessed that was an enough disguise (his family saw him as a 9 year old kid, he is 21 now, that's why I think he would be okay in appearing at wanted posters). But I would never imagined that he would keep this unique eyebrow style if that would easily identify him as a Germa 66 member. It's not like his family is a normal one, they are warmongers.

His attitude is not illogical, but too carefree imo.

RomanceDawn

It was just brought to my attention that the real Sora is likely Sengoku. Pet seagull or just his funny hat? Walking on water just like Buddha? Or how about the big transforming robot? Maybe it was just Sengoku transforming into his big gold metal form.

GhostBed

I think it's not Lola guys. Lola doesn't have one of her front teeth and the woman aboard Big Mom's ship didn't recognize Sanji.

- Teeth vs broken one
- Hairstyle & length
- Dots on the cheek vs hearts
- Hat vs ribbon

(This is Lola's appearance after Thriller Bark)

I think she is Lola's sister. Both could still be Big Mom's daughter.

Ahh, yeah, I figured these new traits were due to her dressing up for the wedding but I forgot the last time we saw her she was on Water 7. No chance she made it to the new world so it makes sense that this is someone new.

I don't think it matters if it's actually Lola. Lola being BM's daughter is the confirmation and I think of us were on that train of thought for a long time.

RomanceDawn

From the Arlong Park spoilers thread that woman's name is Okami, at first she was mistaken for Lola but the Japanese readers are certain its a new character. It's just gotta be. Lola would never forget Sanji of the Straw Hats.

Jarate

Banned
Germa 66 is probably the Vinsmokes then?

If Sengoku is the hero Sora, then I could see him becoming part of this arc in a major way. It might be how Sengoku got all his fame, and if the straw hats are going to be fighting off the Vinsmokes which looks to be the germa crew, then I could see Sengoku begrudgingly helping the strawhats. Maybe the Old Marines (Garp, Kuza, Sengoku) become part of the Strawhat alliance now that they are free agents.

The underworld knows about them and also the yonkou Big Mom. If Sanji wanted to be a famous pirate he would know the risk of being recognized by these people. I can only assume he didn't care about it which is weird if Germa 66 is really powerful and supposedly evil. Remember that Sanji said before leaving to Whole Cake that he didn't want his past to drag his companions with him.
Oh, thought you meant him being younger and changing his appearance to not be recognized. Yeah I agree, and it speaks to the speed of this all happening immediately after his wanted poster was out. He definitely assumed they'd never pull something like this, but at the same time it's weird that he assumed that.

He was only 9 when he ran away or escaped so I guess after 10 years he figured it wouldn't matter.

Actually this is an interesting parallel to Duval when Sanji told him he should have changed his appearance to not be recognized lmao

From the Arlong Park spoilers thread that woman's name is Okami, at first she was mistaken for Lola but the Japanese readers are certain its a new character. It's just gotta be. Lola would never forget Sanji of the Straw Hats.
How would they know what her name is? Does it say in the chapter?

Syntsui

Germa 66 is probably the Vinsmokes then?

If Sengoku is the hero Sora, then I could see him becoming part of this arc in a major way. It might be how Sengoku got all his fame, and if the straw hats are going to be fighting off the Vinsmokes which looks to be the germa crew, then I could see Sengoku begrudgingly helping the strawhats. Maybe the Old Marines (Garp, Kuza, Sengoku) become part of the Strawhat alliance now that they are free agents.

That would be godlike. But I think we have too much shit to handle at the moment, I don't think Oda will go this way.

Jarate

Banned
If that Sengoku speculation were true

I mean, I could see the reason for the Vinsmokes to join Big Mom like this is to possibly fight Sengoku. Sengoku might go back to his true hobby of beating the shit out of Germa, and they may not have the means to stop Sengoku, but Big Mom surely could. Why would Herma suddenly want an alliance now is the key question, and why would Oda bring up Sora right now?

Sengoku also has to have a reason for being admiral over Garp, the man who captured the Pirate King. Being Sora could easily be the reason, as his fame was something that brainwashed children too join the Navy.

I dont think it's a stretch for Aokiji to join the Strawhat alliance, as he has close ties to Robin. Garp is questionable, but he's already shown he chooses his kids over his personal pride when he refused to Kill Ace.

then you also have "good guy" marines like Kobe, Helmeppo, Smoker, and possibly Fujitora. If these guys went against the marines, I dont doubt that these people will be trying to reformat the Marines against the corruption, and they need Luffy as he seems to be the only viable "d" to take out the Celestial Dragons. But then again, imagine the Heel turn if they worked with Blackbeard

TheFlow

Banned
Sengoku is either sora or related to him

the seagull was a dead giveawway.

This arc is about to deliver on a lot of fan theories

If the comic is propaganda then it would be obvious to use the motif of Sengoku in the comic even if the lead character wasn't based on him. The only guy we know who walks on the ocean is Kuzan. He was Sengoku's choice to replace him so it would actually make sense for Sengoku to commission propaganda showing him as a hero and link him with himself. As for the robots, maybe something to do with Vegapunk and the pacifistas.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
2bohr.png

Desperate times call for desperate measures. I'm not sure there's a single person in One Piece world that gives less of a fuck than Luffy does at times.

The story and legend behind Germa and Sora seems too old for being related to Kuzan or Pacifistas/Vegapunk.

I wouldn't be surprised if this comic strip has been going for several decades.

The story and legend behind Germa and Sora seems too old for being related to Kuzan or Pacifistas/Vegapunk.

I wouldn't be surprised if this comic strip has been going for several decades.

If it was 20+ years old it could easily be about the youthful adventures of Kuzan but you can only rely on a gut feeling for how long it has been running. Vegapunk is supposed to be as old as sin I think.

RomanceDawn

That woman is named Okami-san in the chapter. In the english scanlation they just go with miss which is understandable because Okami means miss or ma'am. Judging by the Japanese readers its her name.

Even if its not her name that isn't Lola. Lola and her crew last we saw were coming back up the Grand Line and most likely into the New World, they were taking a break at Water 7. That was well over 2 weeks ago in the story's time line but still. Lola's hair style was still the same as it was when she was on Thriller Bark. These 2 ladies are different without a doubt. I could easily see Sanji not remembering Lola and seeing this new lady vaguely reminds him of her though he can't put his finger on it.

Lola on the other hand could never ever forget the people that became her and her crews saviors. In this scene it looks as if Sanji and Okami met at least once before off panel and to not bring up the events of Thriller Bark at all would just be odd. With 35 daughters some are bound to be twins right?

Lola - long hair
Okami - short hair

Lola - hats
Okami - bows

Lola - missing tooth
Okami - full set of teeth

Edit: Just noticed Gazlingers post above. S/he is right on the money.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Don't forget, most of the time they spent with Lola had her in her pig form. They only met human Lola for a brief moment.

RomanceDawn

Don't forget, most of the time they spent with Lola had her in her pig form. They only met human Lola for a brief moment.

Just the opposite actually. We got more panel time with warthog Lola because she was fighting but the crew actually spent more time with the real Lola off panel. First day they land on Thriller Bark, they meet the real Lola and beat Moriah. 2nd day they are amazed that Kuma seemingly left them all for dead. 3rd day they party and Brook officially joins the crew. 5th day(2 days after Brook joins) the crew departs after Lola gives them Big Mom's vivre card.

4 and half days with real Lola, maybe a half day with piggy Lola.

Still because she isn't someone that Sanji finds attractive and it being 2 years ago, I can easily see him not remembering her outright. If anyone had a strong connection with her it would be Nami for sure.

Ray Down

Banned
Just the opposite actually. We got more panel time with warthog Lola because she was fighting but the crew actually spent more time with the real Lola off panel. First day the land on Thriller Bark, they meet the real Lola and beat Moriah. 2nd day they are amazed that Kuma seemingly left them all for dead. 3rd day they party and Brook officially joins the crew. 4th day the crew departs and Lola gives them Big Mom's vivre card.

3 and half days with real Lola, maybe a half day with piggy Lola.

Still because she isn't someone that Sanji finds attractive and it being 2 years ago, I can easily see him not remembering her outright.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is Sanji thought process.

RomanceDawn

Oh and thats not Sanji's twin, that is Zoro with Sanji's eyebrows(just flipped). We actually might get some really cool information regarding Sanji's siblings that could explain a ton about Sanji and Zoro's relationship.

It was torture avoiding this thread for three days.
This chapter was surprisingly short at only 13 pages. Having another break doesn't help at all. lol

Wouldn't it be neat if the Germa 66 of the comic strip was the inspiration for the real Germa 66? Or maybe it might be the other way around.

Lol I've never seen the crew at the brink of starvation this badly before. Dammit, Luffy. It's all your fault.

GhostBed

I'm thrilled that Luffy is currently indisposed, gives the rest of the crew a chance to shine in this situation. I fully expect Carrot to go wild.

Red Fire

So since Oda made Luffy unable to fight i guess something will happen that would not happen if he was fit, like getting captured by the Vinsmokes or losing a fight.

That should not be that easy though since Pedro, Carrot and Pekoms are really strong on their own and we also have Brook and Chopper and Nami. They should be able to fight them off.

Maybe they won't fight at all and go together to the party? Or someone like Carrot might mistake the dude for Sanji and he would be like 'You know my brother?'

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I hope Sanji's brother is a super smooth casanova.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom