• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliph95

There's only room for one face melter in this series.

d935cd6d4fb127b7c3242d8372fb6e9f.jpg

but he has no face

Mendrox

Real spoilers are out

One Piece 865

I actually am feeling kind of lazy so I'm not even gonna try to write real fake spoilers.
.................................................................................................................................
..........................................................................................................
...........................................................................................................

Man that's it. Going to the ignore list finally. You are the first one congrats. Btw One Piece Tokyo tower was cool. :)

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Another break again next week? Fuck

I don't know what's going one because I didn't read the spoilers, but please, don't post things like this.
The first one is in reference to a chapter that's already been out for a while.

The second is a bit spoiler-y but still incredibly vague

Red Fire

Spoiler taging images won't work on mobile.
Just don't post spoiler related pics at all, no matter how vague.

You can have your black bars, that should be enough.

Ray Down

Banned
So more reasons for Big Mom's resentment towards the giants than just her failed attempt to marry off Lola?

This should be in spoilers....

But yes it looks like the case, they might even explained BM had a bad past with giants before.

Lola was just the chance to help that change, hopefully we get some Lola out of this.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I want a One Piece fighting game by Capcom, in the style of Marvel vs Capcom. Just like they did with the Jojo fighting game. Hell I'd love a sequel to that with characters from all 8 parts.

Puruzi

Banned
One Piece Fighter by CC2, not because they make good fighters, but because I'm imagining Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm styled boss fights but for One Piece and it's hype as fuck

Veelk

Banned

A gift for blackleg. I removed Chopper, so it's just the shitty vinsmokes looking up to their savior, their (against all odds) least trash family member. It might make a decent avatar if you want it as such.

I feel like only Niji looks like he knows how ashamed he should be in this pic

marmoka

Banned
I liked the chapter. Sanji looked cool at last. And we could finally understand why he wanted to save his family, after all he had gone through when he was a child. Hope to see Reiju's full potential after the flashback. A Nami-Reiju dynamic duo should be awesome.

And finally Chopper and the rabbit are starting to do something that justify their existence.

Edit: many of us theorized that Shanks is in Elbaf, is the protector, or at least that once they arrive to Elbaf, Shanks will be there. With this flashback, perhaps we should start discarding this theory, or probably not yet.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
A gift for blackleg. I removed Chopper, so it's just the shitty vinsmokes looking up to their savior, their (against all odds) least trash family member. It might make a decent avatar if you want it as such.

I feel like only Niji looks like he knows how ashamed he should be in this pic

a gift would be not only be removing chopper but replaceing sanji with

(
9UYXSzgP_400x400.jpg

The scream seems to be just an out-of-control Conquerors Haki blast right? A super powerful one, but nothing we haven't actually seen before. Actually it seems weaker, given you can block it by covering your ears. In a post-Haki world, this scream isn't all that impressive.

Kain

I'm actually way more hyped for a BM flashback than I was for Doffy.

The scream seems to be just an out-of-control Conquerors Haki blast right? A super powerful one, but nothing we haven't actually seen before. Actually it seems weaker, given you can block it by covering your ears. In a post-Haki world, this scream isn't all that impressive.

It wasn't as strong as it was accidental and uncontrolled, I'm sure BM can do better. Or maybe she's not that strong and her real strength is her family, that would be a twist.

caliph95

I'm actually way more hyped for a BM flashback than I was for Doffy.

It wasn't as strong as it was accidental and uncontrolled, I'm sure BM can do better. Or maybe she's not that strong and her real strength is her family, that would be a twist.

BM; I don’t have a crew, I have family

It WAS knocking out heavyweights from her family, so it's definitely got some strength behind it. It's just...Why hype up a Haki blast as something unique when it isn't. Well whatever, I'm excited for Elbaf in any case. I'm far more invested in Big Moms past than Sanji saving his family.

Kreed

One Piece 865:

A break before a flash back chapter? :/ Eh well, this chapter was great. The plan looks like it may actually work despite all the mishaps and those Sanji panels/handing the Vinsmokes their weapons was nice, although the flash back + Big Mom not opening her present from Luffy guarantees something is going to go wrong with Bege trying to kill her (he'll probably wound her and she gets back up pissed or she will snap out of it right as Bege shoots/stop the attack). I'm also glad to see Oda stopped the commission chapter openings/he's back to chapter openings that could be relevant to the story.

It WAS knocking out heavyweights from her family, so it's definitely got some strength behind it. It's just...Why hype up a Haki blast as something unique when it isn't. Well whatever, I'm excited for Elbaf in any case. I'm far more invested in Big Moms past than Sanji saving his family.

Eh? It was never implied that it was anything else. Anyway, this one does seem at least as or more powerful than the others, or at least in knocked out some powerful people and blew Luffy away. None of the others seem to have knocked out anybody but scrubs.

caliph95

Pretty sure it was if i remember the scream and Haki are different

Edit: Yeah Bege said she might activate her haki with the scream

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Now let it be seen that my "spoiler" amounted to nothing in the end, lol

What happened to Cloud Strife? He used to give detailed thoughts on not only each chapter, but respond to every poster individually. I miss that kind of dedication.

Great chapter. Let me say that while I love the Vinsmokes from an aesthetic and conceptual perspective, up until these recent two chapters I've always thought the genetic modication to be sociopaths was a really stupid plot point. It's only recently that I've seen where Oda was going with that. Ichiji, Niji, Sanji and Yonji are quadruplets, so they should, theoretically, be extremely similar personality wise - and, if you have ever read twin studies, feel an inherent need to be around each other. Sanji, Reiju, and Sora are all very kind people, and Judge, while a massive asshole, is more poisoned by pride than anything else and has that same emotional interior his (normal human) family does. The three modified bros have had that kindness removed. They didn't even fear their own death. When Reiju called them "those poor boys" is when I understood. They may have beaten, ridiculed, and tormented Sanji as children, but their sociopathy is meant to be seen a tragedy. Otherwise, they'd share the same kind of passion and kindness their mother and siblings do. That's why Sanji wants to save them, even if they made his life hell.

Judge is the real culprit behind everything. His wife disagreed with him, his daughter does too, and the only reason his three sons follow him is because they're modified to. They don't even love him, or anyone.

TL;DR fuck Judge. He ruined Sanji's life, but he also ruined his other son's lives. Think about all the times we've seen Sanji's passion. His smile when he talks about All Blue. His father/son moments with Zeff. His willingness to sacrifice himself for his friends.

0e71d4b2aa932423c6417402dd09c838.jpg

His brothers will never smile like that.

SUPER HYPE for the BM flashback. Elbaf's been a long time coming.

Veelk

Banned
0e71d4b2aa932423c6417402dd09c838.jpg

His brothers will never smile like that.

I was going to reply how it's corny because sociopaths don't actually lose out on much since they find their own ways of joy. Or, if they can't, it doesn't really bother them too much, since they don't need any emotional stimulation. The other brothers might never be able to smile like Sanji, but Sanji's never gonna be able to smile like his brothers either. So you know, it's a give and take.

But after thinking about it, I decided that you're actually right. This kind of calls back to how dreams are supposed to be sources of power in OP. OP isn't as explicit or blatant about it as Fairytale or the like, but it's still true. The 3 brothers, without their emotions, are incapable of having dreams. They don't really care about anything, not even their death, so they're pretty much come what may.

Sanji does have a dream, and he draws strength from that. And the difference is in their power. The Vinsmokes as they are need their raid suits to even be a threat in this scenerio. Meanwhile, Sanji's Haki is such that they can't tell whats happening at the wedding and he doesn't need anything extra to compete with Big Mom's crew.

I'm not sure if that was precisely what you were getting at, but I do agree that Sanji being the passionate one meaning he's ultimately the stronger one is thematically resonant with the series.

SolVanderlyn

I was going to reply how it's corny because sociopaths don't actually lose out on much since they find their own ways of joy. Or, if they can't, it doesn't really bother them too much, since they don't need any emotional stimulation. The other brothers might never be able to smile like Sanji, but Sanji's never gonna be able to smile like his brothers either. So you know, it's a give and take.

But after thinking about it, I decided that you're actually right. This kind of calls back to how dreams are supposed to be sources of power in OP. OP isn't as explicit or blatant about it as Fairytale or the like, but it's still true. The 3 brothers, without their emotions, are incapable of having dreams. They don't really care about anything, not even their death, so they're pretty much come what may.

Sanji does have a dream, and he draws strength from that. And the difference is in their power. The Vinsmokes as they are need their raid suits to even be a threat in this scenerio. Meanwhile, Sanji's Haki is such that they can't tell whats happening at the wedding and he doesn't need anything extra to compete with Big Mom's crew.

I'm not sure if that was precisely what you were getting at, but I do agree that Sanji being the passionate one meaning he's ultimately the stronger one is thematically resonant with the series.
Yep, that is partially what I was getting at. I also had the same thought process you did. I hated the idea at first but slowly realized how well it fits in with the themes presented throughout the series.

Every time you see 1, 2, or 4 they have this smug grin on their face. They always look like they're perfectly content sitting at the top of their world. But it isn't "real," it has no soul to it. They wore the same grins with guns pointed at their heads while their macho father was bawling his eyes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom