• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Absolutely shocked at the negative fan reaction to the latest chapter. It was such an adventure and full of danger. This is why I read One Piece! I mean, I read it for a lot of reasons but adventure and character interactions is probably number one. People were disappointed at the lack of shocking revelations when One Piece is at its heart an adventure comic. This arc (from Zou to current) may end up being my favorite in the series if it's pulled off well. So mysterious and like you're heading into dangerous territory with little clues as to what's ahead.
It was a great chapter I initially hated because it didn't deliver on any of the hype we were expecting.

A) No Vinsmokes
B) No Sanji
C) Luffy didn't meet anyone important

I understand the bad reactions because it dialed back the pacing a lot. But looking back, it is a really good, "One Piece-y" chapter.

It was a great chapter I initially hated because it didn't deliver on any of the hype we were expecting.

A) No Vinsmokes
B) No Sanji
C) Luffy didn't meet anyone important

I understand the bad reactions because it dialed back the pacing a lot. But looking back, it is a really good, "One Piece-y" chapter.

People expect every chapter to be hype? I'm in it for the journey. The answers are just bonus. I'm shocked people would expect so many answers in a series named after a piece of treasure we've only heard rumors about and have no idea what it is after 800+ chapters. It's like these people are reading One Piece without thinking about what the appeal of One Piece is.

With the shenanigans in here over the past months I am pretty sure I hate him now.
CBYYfyi.gif

I agree tho

Alright I'll get some serious discussion going I'm here. The vinsmokes turn out to be enemies papa vinsmokes as the leader does sanji take him out or luffy.

Will the vinsmokes switch to luffys side?

Big mom going down now or later

Pekoms captured? Traitor?

Jinbe, arm missing or leg?

Last and the most important..Carrot for strawhat?

Alright I'll get some serious discussion going I'm here. The vinsmokes turn out to be enemies papa vinsmokes as the leader does sanji take him out or luffy.

Will the vinsmokes switch to luffys side?

Big mom going down now or later

Pekoms captured? Traitor?

Jinbe, arm missing or leg?

Last and the most important..Carrot for strawhat?
Bruh it's midnight

If he's the main villain of the arc then Luffy will. If Big Mom is the main villain and Sanji's daddy is also a baddie then Sanji will.

Vinsmokes are the baddies imo.

Big Mom isn't going down now. Once Luffy beats one Yonkou he's basically a Yonkou, and he'll "take them all down" by being Pirate King. Kaidou is the one he's gonna fight.

Pekoms was captured. Probably by Vinsmokes or Big Mam's crew, and he wanted to warn em. Pekoms would have been able to call out a lot of the bullshit in the last chapter, so he needed to go.

Hopefully an arm. Maybe Law and give him another one.

Pudding/Jinbei imo. Carrot is definitely likely but I will make the call once we see more of Pudding.

Bruh it's midnight

If he's the main villain of the arc then Luffy will. If Big Mom is the main villain and Sanji's daddy is also a baddie then Sanji will.

Vinsmokes are the baddies imo.

Big Mom isn't going down now. Once Luffy beats one Yonkou he's basically a Yonkou, and he'll "take them all down" by being Pirate King. Kaidou is the one he's gonna fight.

Pekoms was captured. Probably by Vinsmokes or Big Mam's crew, and he wanted to warn em. Pekoms would have been able to call out a lot of the bullshit in the last chapter, so he needed to go.

Hopefully an arm. Maybe Law and give him another one.

Pudding/Jinbei imo. Carrot is definitely likely but I will make the call once we see more of Pudding.
I'm bored at work it's empty leave me alone lol.

If luffy beats sanjis dad I'll drop one piece(for one Whole week)

Bold prediction,vinsmokes pull a switch and big mom goes down this Arc!

Jinbei totally lost a leg,everybody loses an arm

I'll accept pudding but I don't want a girly,scary girl again. Carrot seems girly but she's acting foolish like the guys ad well. That's all I ever was a girl crewmate to join in on the shenanigans

Dugna

Now to be fair I'd sit thru a sanji cooking manga all day

I know this is a few days late but, It would be cool to see some food cookoffs like that one in the filler at lougetown. Show more of the world then just fights, its why I enjoy shorts and episodes like that one before Film Gold that came out.

Ray Down

Banned
This cold is really kicking my ass, I'll responded to Blackleg later.

We should have an early chapter so spoilers should be out sometime today.

Jay RaR

I'd like to think of Carrot as a guest party member, kinda like Vivi. Mind I remind you guys that Pedro is around as well.

As for Jimbei, he has to join. Has to.

I believe Big Mom will go down this arc and the Vinsmokes will change sides. This arc might give Sanji and his family their reconciliation.

Perhaps another force will aid Luffy through this arc, like Big Mom's subordinates rioting or Totland's population will discover they are part of a huge sacrifice.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so im rewatching the anime from the start, up to Kuro now

imalreadydead.jpg

kinda feel like doing a RTTP thread about it too

ckohler

so im rewatching the anime from the start, up to Kuro now

imalreadydead.jpg

kinda feel like doing a RTTP thread about it too

I started watching the anime from the beginning two months ago (I'd never seen the early stuff). I'm currently at episode 600! I didn't rewatch the arcs that have appeared on New Toonami though to save time (Long-Ring-Long thru Enies Lobby). I know the anime isn't as good as the manga but it's cheaper for me to catch up this way using Funimation's app.

I started watching the anime from the beginning two months ago (I'd never seen the early stuff). I'm currently at episode 600! I didn't rewatch the arcs that have appeared on New Toonami though to save time (Long-Ring-Long thru Enies Lobby). I know the anime isn't as good as the manga but it's cheaper for me to catch up this way using Funimation's app.

Chris, you do know Viz has an app that has One Piece on it (Marvel Unlimited style), right? Another cheap alternative should you hope to pursue it.

I believe Big Mom will go down this arc and the Vinsmokes will change sides. This arc might give Sanji and his family their reconciliation.

Perhaps another force will aid Luffy through this arc, like Big Mom's subordinates rioting or Totland's population will discover they are part of a huge sacrifice.
That other force could be the sun pirates. Aldani was on whole cake island as well wouldn't be surprised if they all were

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ep 19, Zoro's flashback. These feels...

who put all these onions in my room damn it? ;_;

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Wow, what a pleasant surprise

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Sanji's dad, it will be interesting to see what he's capable of.
Incoming hype!

Brulee is creepy as hell. God damn.

SolVanderlyn

What does he mean, "did you do something to Yonji?"

SolVanderlyn

"Son, why do you not use your fists?"

*Silence as Sanji struggles to deflect his attacks with his feet*

"Why do you refuse to use your full strength? You disgrace the Vinsmoke name!"

*Close up of Sanji's face*

"These hands are only meant to make food for my friends!!"

Or some variant of said scene

It will happen and it will be awesome when it does

I'm saying this right now..if the vinsmokes remains enemies this arc and go down this arc and sanji takes this L right now(he will) when the time comes no one else...NO ONE else takes out his father but him plz!

Early chapter this week .
The part with the forest crazy just like like last week .
Looking forward to see more about vinsmokes , sanjis dad and germa 66.

Brulee seems to be quite old, I'm wondering how old Big Mom actually is? Could it be that Ms. Bakkin is also a daughter of Big Mom?

Otherwise a good chapter, Randolph looks sick AF, likely a DF user.

Wonder if we'll get the flashback for Sanji soon? Maybe when his bros arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom