• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to re-read this chapter a few times to process all of it. From Randolph, to Brulee, to Jajji.
Sanji's father wasn't what I was expecting, but in a good way. His design is like a mix between a tyrant ruler and a military general because of the helmet and cloak.
He looks like a total badass.

Randolph looks so cool. Could this possibly be my new favorite character in this arc? Who knows.
tumblr_oa9cbrTCg71r20q0do1_1280.png

RIP Crane.

Brulee is similar to Bon Clay's power except she can presumably become a human Mirror. Now I'm curious about wht happened to Luffy.

What if it's a personal thing. Like YOUR not my father maybe hinting at his father is their physically but mentally maybe something happened to change him? Like he's not the father they once knew

I think Jajji is his biological father. We can't see his eyebrows fully because of the helmet he's wearing (which is totally going to come off sooner or later).

Which means the children get their eyebrows from either their father or their mother.

marmoka

Banned
Sanji will marry Nami in the last minute by surprise because she will be dressed as Pudding and the Vinsmokes will become Strawhats subordinates.

Imagine that happens

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Bellemere...here come the waterworks ;_;

also Nojiko is best waifu

edit: this arlong-bellemere scene is even more fucked up than I remember

Sanji will marry Nami in the last minute by surprise because she will be dressed as Pudding and the Vinsmokes will become Strawhats subordinates.

Imagine that happens
Nice fanfic. XD

In the remote hypothesis of Oda making Strawhat couples canon it would have to be something really well developed (at least I hope). That's not much different from a fake marriage, unless that's exactly the intention. lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Loguetown for Buggy reunion / Dragon -> Whiskey Peak for Vivi / Carue introduction next right?

edit: wait I forgot Chopper's arc, thats before Alabasta so it has to be before Vivi?

Loguetown for Buggy reunion / Dragon -> Whiskey Peak for Vivi / Carue introduction next right?

edit: wait I forgot Chopper's arc, thats before Alabasta so it has to be before Vivi?

Anime has filler between Laboon and Whiskey Peak. It's Little Garden and then Drum Kingdom. The anime filler between Laboon and Loguetown is terrible.

Rhaknar

wtf is little garden?

edit: wait its the one with the giants and the candle guy right?

smurfx

get some go again
Nah, WG are prepping for the final war, Donflamingo stated as such. Shichibukai are a major fighting force and were a buffer in the WB war. No way they're getting rid of them before a global conflict actually occurs.
they might have been important if the world government wasn't developing the px machines. at this point they are likely at their final stage and are getting mass produced. the final machines will probably be really strong and with kuma leading them all they will attack as one which will make them even tougher to deal with. imagine them shooting a beam at a person from all angles and thus making dodging impossible even if you have the best observation haki. wouldn't be surprised if vegapunk managed to make his own devil fruits and inserted various ones into the machines as well.

KHlover

Banned
I need to re-read this chapter a few times to process all of it. From Randolph, to Brulee, to Jajji.
Sanji's father wasn't what I was expecting, but in a good way. His design is like a mix between a tyrant ruler and a military general because of the helmet and cloak.

Randolph looks so cool. Could this possibly be my new favorite character in this arc? Who knows.

RIP Crane.

Brulee is similar to Bon Clay's power except she can presumably become a human Mirror. Now I'm curious about wht happened to Luffy.
Trapped in a mirror, maybe? Would be a good fit for the mirror-mirror fruit and is not without precedent in fiction.

RomanceDawn

That writing at the end with father in quotations marks isn't from Oda. The editors write that stuff. It usually has no baring on the actual story either way.

My favorite was back during Luffy's flash back. The cliffhanger was Luffy and Ace surrounded by flames from the burning trash. The editors note was "will they survive?!"

Majukun

they might have been important if the world government wasn't developing the px machines. at this point they are likely at their final stage and are getting mass produced. the final machines will probably be really strong and with kuma leading them all they will attack as one which will make them even tougher to deal with. imagine them shooting a beam at a person from all angles and thus making dodging impossible even if you have the best observation haki. wouldn't be surprised if vegapunk managed to make his own devil fruits and inserted various ones into the machines as well.
the shichibukai system is in place not only to assure that the wg can use them as military assets, in fact it's something they rarely do, but mainly to avoid that those seven great pirates attack civilians, or at least, that when they do, they do it in secrecy, so to not tarnish the WG's reputation.

so while a pacifista might be a good military asset, I personally don't think that it can be on par with the entire shichibukai.. and even if they do, military power is only half of the problem

Veelk

Banned

RIP Crane.

I'm really surprised to find myself agreeing. I am also finding myself oddly interested in the woman with a wide brim hat. Something tells me her character design will be one I like. I like Brulee as well. Legitimately cool and creepy look, that one.

The arc right now is oddly appealing to me in a way I can't explain. Especially since the moment we switched to Germa Kingdom, I immediately switched back to my normal reactions of "this looks stupid and would be a logistical nightmare".

Am I that much of an alice in wonderland fan? Or is this just the kind of aesthetic that I find OP's nonsense to be more fitting?

I'm really surprised to find myself agreeing. I am also finding myself oddly interested in the woman with a wide brim hat. Something tells me her character design will be one I like. I like Brulee as well. Legitimately cool and creepy look, that one.

The arc right now is oddly appealing to me in a way I can't explain. Especially since the moment we switched to Germa Kingdom, I immediately switched back to my normal reactions of "this looks stupid and would be a logistical nightmare".

Am I that much of an alice in wonderland fan? Or is this just the kind of aesthetic that I find OP's nonsense to be more fitting?
Because this is at one piece at its best(come at me haters)
Mysterious things happening,the sense of adventure, world building, funny character interactions. This is exactly the setting one piece fits in. Matter fact weren't you a thriller bark fan? That's also why

That writing at the end with father in quotations marks isn't from Oda. The editors write that stuff. It usually has no baring on the actual story either way.

My favorite was back during Luffy's flash back. The cliffhanger was Luffy and Ace surrounded by flames from the burning trash. The editors note was "will they survive?!"

Haha, I remember that.

Rhaknar

You're not bothering me! I'm just worried about the spoilers. For me, One Piece is about the journey and I don't want it ruined for you!

I meant you as in the thread since it is the manga thread afterall

Nice info.

This chapter made me like the Vinsmokes more. The castle-kingdom-ship was really nice, Reiju dressing like a noble instead of that goofy costume, Jajji like a badass. Sanji has a cool family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom