• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gvitor

Me and a bunch of friends that are OP fans started playing a game in group messaging, where we try to describe characters with emojis and the others guess who it is. ...And we got a little too overboard. We're nearing 100 characters, ranging from simple to ridiculous hard ones to guess. I'll put them all in an image later and post it here when it's done. Should be fun.

EDIT: Okay, here it is. No repeats, some are way too easy and others are obscure characters that require some outside the box thinking.

1hHSKWb.png

Genryu

Banned
EDIT: Okay, here it is. No repeats, some are way too easy and others are obscure characters that require some outside the box thinking.

Just a few I wanted to know:

18)
Igaram?
48)
Kureha?
93)
The guy Zoro fought in Skypiea with the flashing guns

Me and a bunch of friends that are OP fans started playing a game in group messaging, where we try to describe characters with emojis and the others guess who it is. ...And we got a little too overboard. We're nearing 100 characters, ranging from simple to ridiculous hard ones to guess. I'll put them all in an image later and post it here when it's done. Should be fun.

1hHSKWb.png
This seems fun, imma give it a try!

1hHSKWb.png
Crazy stuff like this is why this is the best anime/manga related thread
26.hancock?
35.perona?
38.Jora?

IHaveIce

Banned
I do hope when we eventually get the Roger flashback (I assume we'll get a nice long one) we'll get to see old guys like Zeff show up in it as well.

Man do I hope so. Hell I'd love if Oda did a spinoff of the a few chapters of the seas during Roger's time.
Yeah i would love one piece spin offs about the old time.

dabig2

Seeing some One Piece spoilers out and about.

Poor, poor Sanji. This entire chapter might just be him taking L's, past and present

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Seeing some One Piece spoilers out and about.

Poor, poor Sanji. This entire chapter might just be him taking L's, past and present
That much was obvious from the last chapter. He left for a reason and he's fighting Big Boss Vinsmoke. Of course he's not going to beat him here, when the arc is just starting.

Gvitor

Just a few I wanted to know:

18)
Igaram?
48)
Kureha?
93)
The guy Zoro fought in Skypiea with the flashing guns

All correct, 93's name is
Braham.

Crazy stuff like this is why this is the best anime/manga related thread
26.hancock?
35.perona?
38.Jora?

35's right, the others aren't.

38 is probably Miss Goldenweek.

Edit so I don't need to post again, but
44 is Iceberg

It was supposed to be
Tyranossaurus
, but well, I'll take it =p

And yeah, you got 38 right as well.

Samstrike

Summary of ONE PIECE Great Newspaper Vol. 2 (courtesy of sandman from AP forums)

- Oda used to say that all he needed was coffee and cola 4 years ago. But now Oda pays attention to his health.
He makes it a rule to drink water 2 liters a day. He thinks he can stay healthy if only he drinks much water. He sometimes exercise on fitness equipments in his studio.

- Oda usually sleeps for 3 hours a day. Oda doesn't want to spend much time on sleep since he is busy.
He can sleep as much as he wants only after the day he finishes drawing every week. But he can't sleep much recently due to aging.

- The interviewer asks Oda if he has some health issues now that he is in his 40s.
Oda answers that his health is not good, but he can come up with an interesting manga thanks to his short sleep and final push in his works.
Oda thinks it would be great if he can draw a good manga with 8-hours-sleep.

- Shueisha allows him to take more breaks these days. Oda wonders if this is because they are worried that ONE PIECE might come to an end due to his health problem.
Oda got hospitalized after he works in Film Z. He thought the staffs finally noticed that if he worked too hard he would be down, but after all he got involved in ONE PIECE Film again...

- There are too many things Oda wants to draw, so he merges the themes of islands. For example, Punk Hazard is originally consisted of fire island and ice island.
Dressrosa is originally consisted of dwarves island and passion island. But as opposed to his expectations, it took him twice the time than usual to draw these arcs.

- According to Oda, ONE PIECE is about 65% done. Oda says it is a fight between his lifetime and the ending of ONE PIECE. He says he needs to have the courage to reduce his ideas.

- After finishing ONE PIECE, Oda wants to go on trips like Buratamori.
(Buratamori is a popular TV show in Japan. In the show, an old man named Tamori, who was too busy to go on a trip for 30 years, visits various kinds of regions in Japan and introduces interesting information about it.)

- Interviewer asks Oda if he intends to draw manga again once a month after finishing ONE PIECE, but Oda instantly denies.

- Oda "I am happiest if kids enjoy reading my manga. But since my audience are getting older, it would be great if they read ONE PIECE with their kids."

- Oda "ONE PIECE is focusing on Sanji now. Be sure to look forward to the future story!"

- Oda "When Kaidou appeared for the first time, I said that Luffy can't defeat such a strong character yet. And I'm yet to know how Luffy would defeat Kaidou.
Probably my audience will not be satisfied if the reason for defeating Kaidou is just because Luffy's punch is so strong. Luffy and I have to find a solution somehow."

- Oda "ONE PIECE will be much more interesting in the future since I'm carefully selecting ideas these days.
Some people are seriously worried about my health, but don't be worried too much since I am quite tough."

[Some Trivias]

- Oda recently likes Ikumi Hisamatsu (久松郁実).
- Oda sometimes plays turntables for DJing in his studio.

- Oda collects model figures made by Ashley Wood.

- Oda has 100 inch TV. It was too large to fit through the entrance, so some construction work was needed on the door.

Here is Oda's studio revealed in ONE PIECE Great Newspaper Vol.1 scanned by TalkOP. And thanks to Starrk for the information!
https://new.vk.com/vk_one_piece?w=wall-334424_1165362

marmoka

Banned
Summary of ONE PIECE Great Newspaper Vol. 2
(courtesy of sandman from AP forums)

According to Oda, ONE PIECE is about 65% done. Oda says it is a fight between his lifetime and the ending of ONE PIECE. He says he needs to have the courage to reduce his ideas.

Still 65%??? This fucking series will never end!!

dabig2

Summary of ONE PIECE Great Newspaper Vol. 2 (courtesy of sandman from AP forums)

Good stuff, and by good stuff I mean slightly terrifying. Too much mortality talk in there. Please stay healthy and in shape Oda! You're still way too young. Take all the rest you can to refresh and stay fresh.

- According to Oda, ONE PIECE is about 65% done. Oda says it is a fight between his lifetime and the ending of ONE PIECE. He says he needs to have the courage to reduce his ideas.

So another 8-12 years of story confirmed. 65% at 19 years means the final 35% should take minimum 8 years and that's if he does decide to reduce the scope of his story.

So another 8-12 years of story confirmed. 65% at 19 years means the final 35% should take minimum 8 years and that's if he does decide to reduce the scope of his story.

Only if he really is talking about the timeframe. He could also mean chapters (more than 400 left) or something more arbitrary.
Up until now I was convinced that OP would end with chapter 1200, but maybe 1300 are more realistic. Sounds like Oda himself isn't sure.
Anyway, looks like 10 years are a given. I'm ok with that.

There are too many things Oda wants to draw, so he merges the themes of islands. For example, Punk Hazard is originally consisted of fire island and ice island.
Dressrosa is originally consisted of dwarves island and passion island. But as opposed to his expectations, it took him twice the time than usual to draw these arcs.

Plus, this sounds like he originally didn't intended Dressrosa to be 100 chapters long.

Ray Down

Banned
I imagine that % thing is like Developers say its this much to competition usually bullshit.

We also have a few spoilers, so don't look:
Judge is a giant ass face, gives no fucks

RomanceDawn

It doesn't matter how Sanji goes about this fight, be it ending inconclusively or definitively. Judge is the leader of Germa Double Six, an arc boss essentially, he can't be defeated so early.

There will be a natural build up to the problem at hand where Sanji gets his clear and shining moments. We were even denied a win against Yonji, Oda is deliberately holding back until the time is right.

If they fight now or later doesn't matter, the first fight against Judge will always be in Judge's favor no matter who his opponent is. Well anyone but Big Mom.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I saw someone saying on twitter they look at it as Oda saying in regards to the story, not chapters.

Which I would love to believe!

Sucks to hear about Oda's health :(

Also I'm glad Oda recognizes Luffy cannot currently face off against someone like Kaido right now and it won't just be a stronger finishing punch in order to beat him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom