• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Down

Banned
I wonder what he'll come up with tho

tumblr_o48uym9HQg1v8hd73o1_500.png

But once Kaidou goes awakening and kicks Law and Kidd, Luffy goes awakening and the two proceed too destroy Wano fighting.

What the fuck is this about Oda's health? If this man dies before finishing One Piece I will be heartbroken the rest of my life. Please do not DO THIS TO ME. Oda will live 70 more years.

Yooooo that heart of gold special!! Hahaha luffy,zoro and sanji all observation haki'd up and usopp was like hmm I feel like something is here that was a nice touch I completely forgot he awoke his haki

Nightbird

Sanjis punches being weak works defeinetly as second explaination as why all he does is throw kicks.

Also holy shit at
placing those exploding bands on his arms. Dude is fucked

Veelk

Banned
Heh. He had an iron mask like Duval. Also, to the person who argued a few weeks back that the characters who have living parents are better off, well, there you go.

Still, Jujji is acting pretty much as well as can be reasonably expected for someone who has to live with the knowledge that they are the ones who brought Sanji into the world.

Wouldn't even call that a loss really, Sanji seemed pretty indifferent.

Regardless, fuck the Vinsmokes. Can't wait to see Sanji kick his brothers ass.

So that's it then. The Vinsmokes need Big Mom's resources and power to take over North Blue and Big Mom wants the Vinsmoke tech. I guess the wanted poster stuff wasn't really a big deal, Sanji is technically a royal so it was probably a simple request to have the poster changed.

Cool!

On another note, is this the extent of Sanji's backstory?

I mean we could still see him escape I guess but it's pretty clear he left just because his family was shit. Not sure if Oda needs to go any deeper than that.

ffdgh

On another note, is this the extent of Sanji's backstory?

I mean we could still see him escape I guess but it's pretty clear he left just because his family was shit. Not sure if Oda needs to go any deeper than that.

Well there's still his mom if we're going that route. Or whoever made that trip with him out of the north blue like you said.

Veelk

Banned
So that's it then. The Vinsmokes need Big Mom's resources and power to take over North Blue and Big Mom wants the Vinsmoke tech. I guess the wanted poster stuff wasn't really a big deal, Sanji is technically a royal so it was probably a simple request to have the poster changed.

Cool!

What I don't get is why a marriage is necessary here.

She has something he wants, he has something she wants...there doesn't seem to be a reason they can't make it a business arrangement like any other. This seems like a very clear "Scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" situation.

You could argue that a marriage would seal the alliance more than that, but why do they need to? Jujji calls it a "mere marriage", which indicates he doesn't view it highly and is only giving away Sanji because he doesn't give a crap about him. So she can't exactly use him as a hostage or anything if Jujji does something she doesn't like. Now, you could say that she doesn't know that Sanji isn't valued, but there's no way she wouldn't know that. Unless the deal just happened the moment they found out Sanji was alive again, he'd have been stalling and telling her he wasn't willing to part with any of his sons for her, so now the runt pops up and he's okay with it? She'd sniff out that she'd being sold a lame horse the moment it happens. Besides, she's a master information broker who knows where Sanji's been all his life. No way she wouldn't know Jujji's lack of regard for him.

The final alternative is that she just wants a husband for her daughter, but ugh, why would she not just find her a normal suitor then? Arrange marriages are basically a gamble. If she cares enough about her brat to stake her new military tech on the condition she gets a hubby, she can care enough to just do things the normal way instead of this dumb business.

Though now that I think about it, I wonder if there is a reason that she doesn't just take his tech. Either by force or by persuasion. Big Mom hasn't been characterized as someone who is particularly concerned over maintaining good relations with others and is a hedonist, so if she wants the tech, it'd be within her character to just fight them for it. I mean, a war with Germa probably wouldn't be anything to sniff at, but she's a goddamn Yonko. If it's not a collection of literally the top fighters ever, taking out a single kingdom shouldn't be overly difficult. Or, rather, if not that, then why not buy the engineer's off? She doesn't need Germa as the manufacturer's as far as I know, given she seems super well connected, she should be able to just buy/steal anything they need,. Then again, the Germa soldiers are pretty loyal, unto death and all....why, I have no idea. I hope there is a reason for it, because otherwise Big Mom can just go "Hey, I got better shit over here, come work for me instead and I won't eat your kids."

I know it seems I'm doing my usual thing of trying to break the conflict for why it doesn't work, but I am actually strangely liking this arc....or atleast the Big Mom half of it. I think Big Mom's plan to rise to power is much cooler than Kaidou's. It seems actually well thought out, while it feels like Kaidou just got really drunk one day, thought an army of beasts would be so hardcore and never let it go. It could be that Big Mom has a nonstupid reason for the marraige....I hope. I'll talk about why if I keep liking it as it goes on, but for now, I'm just in the very strange position of just enjoying the events playing out. Rare feeling for me with OP.

Definitely seemed like all of those attacks barely hurt sanji, oda made panels showing sanji's face after each hit. Something tells me sanji is much stronger than his father. I know its a bit of a stretch but i'm hoping sanji will get Conquerors Haki at some point in this arc and using it to knock out those soldiers so his father can't use wall in a rematch.

Conquerors Haki bypasses those collars though right? Or at least some form of Haki does. I can't remember if Rayleigh ever explained it, so the wristlets shouldn't pose a problem once Luffy reaches Sanji. Put me in the camp of "Sanji was just taken off-guard by Judge's attacks but wasn't really wounded by them." Round 2 will come out with Sanji on top.

Kreed

One Piece 833:

Every time I think maybe we are going to go through this arc without a big confrontation between Luffy and Big Mom, Oda throws in something that makes it even more likely a confrontation is going to happen. It won't surprise me if Big Mom personally has the keys to Sanji's cuffs.

The chapter itself was good overall. In regards to Sanji's backstory, Sanji being weak as a kid and the way his father was treating him for being a weak kid was silly to me, but I understand Oda has to connect the Sanji we met to this new family of "powerful monsters" that have been introduced, in addition to the growing levels of power in this manga since we were first introduced to the Straw Hats. Sanji being bullied/always wanting to cook works though.

NSESN

Definitely seemed like all of those attacks barely hurt sanji, oda made panels showing sanji's face after each hit. Something tells me sanji is much stronger than his father. I know its a bit of a stretch but i'm hoping sanji will get Conquerors Haki at some point in this arc and using it to knock out those soldiers so his father can't use wall in a rematch.
Only luffy should have Conquerors imo, Sanji and Zoro should win with their own skills.

Luigi87

Really great chapter. Glad that Sanji didn't simply get his ass handed to him, and mainly stopped due to dirty tricks. (Definitely feel he would have won otherwise).

And the wrist bombs is pretty much the perfect way to keep him on Whole Cake.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Seems like the only reason Sanji's dad could even keep up with him was his technology. If not for that Sanji could have worfed him easily. Hell, even with all that tech if he didn't have that human wall Sanji would have easily won. Sanji didn't get pushed at all.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Vinsmokes are the worst, nuff said.

So it sounds like "Wall" is just the extreme loyalty the soldiers have for the Vinsmoke family, and not a Devil Fruit power (which is what I saw people speculate).

At least Sanji can still fight, even if he's stuck to Whole Cake Island.

Veelk

Banned
It's pretty clear that neither of them were really giving it their best.

Sanji is just doing the "Why won't you love me daddy" thing and not seriously fighting while Jajji just basically views this as a spanking. It's not like he is supposed to permanently damage Sanji or else big mom would probably come to him asking why he felt it was okay to damage her product.

It's a pretty typical "Neither of us is going all out and we're just fighting because we're men and that's what we talk to each other"

Majukun

funny thing is,with the amount of damage explosions usually do in onepiece to seasoned fighters...sanji should not even feel an explosion coming from such small devices,let alone have his hands blown off

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
funny thing is,with the amount of damage explosions usually do in onepiece to seasoned fioghters...sanji should not even feel an explosion coming from such small devices,let alone have his hands blown off
I don't think his hands will be blown off but they would be rendered unusable

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I mean, haki-hands should probably be explosion-proof, yeah. But there'd be no point if the solution was that easy.

Syntsui

Wouldn't a strong armored haki prevent his hand from blowing up? What is a small explosion to him considering he already parried Do Flamingo's and his father's attacks (which are powerful enough to destroy the environment) with no problems at all?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's pretty clear that neither of them were really giving it their best.

Sanji is just doing the "Why won't you love me daddy" thing and not seriously fighting while Jajji just basically views this as a spanking. It's not like he is supposed to permanently damage Sanji or else big mom would probably come to him asking why he felt it was okay to damage her product.

It's a pretty typical "Neither of us is going all out and we're just fighting because we're men and that's what we talk to each other"

Considering Jajji needed the tech just to keep up with Sanji, I'm still comfortable saying Sanji should worf him easily.

ffdgh

Wouldn't a strong armored haki prevent his hand from blowing up? What is a small explosion to him considering he already parried Do Flamingo's and his father's attacks (which are powerful enough to destroy the environment) with no problems at all?

I'd Imagine big mom has only the finest quality of exploding cuffs.

daveo42

Banned
Yup, Sanji is all sorts of fucked this arc. At least we understand why he "jumped ship" as it were and ended up with Zeff. Crazy to think too that just because he cooks, his own flesh and blood father thought him worthless. Fucking world leaders and lack of any kind of sense along with their holier than thou mantra.

Looking forward to the eventual curbstomp his dad and siblings get this arc.

Pretty interesting that sanji was taught with a sword. I mean I just assumed the wanze fight with the knives were because he used them alot in cooking but now it can interrupted as he was using his training as well as his knowledge with cooking with them.

-Sanji being a weakling is pretty interesting to be honest didn't expect that. He seems to be at the very least stronger than yonji now tho.

-wheres the mom did papa kill her? What pushed sanji over the edge to run away.

-

What I don't get is why a marriage is necessary here.

She has something he wants, he has something she wants...there doesn't seem to be a reason they can't make it a business arrangement like any other. This seems like a very clear "Scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" situation.

You could argue that a marriage would seal the alliance more than that, but why do they need to? Jujji calls it a "mere marriage", which indicates he doesn't view it highly and is only giving away Sanji because he doesn't give a crap about him. So she can't exactly use him as a hostage or anything if Jujji does something she doesn't like. Now, you could say that she doesn't know that Sanji isn't valued, but there's no way she wouldn't know that. Unless the deal just happened the moment they found out Sanji was alive again, he'd have been stalling and telling her he wasn't willing to part with any of his sons for her, so now the runt pops up and he's okay with it? She'd sniff out that she'd being sold a lame horse the moment it happens. Besides, she's a master information broker who knows where Sanji's been all his life. No way she wouldn't know Jujji's lack of regard for him.

The final alternative is that she just wants a husband for her daughter, but ugh, why would she not just find her a normal suitor then? Arrange marriages are basically a gamble. If she cares enough about her brat to stake her new military tech on the condition she gets a hubby, she can care enough to just do things the normal way instead of this dumb business.

Though now that I think about it, I wonder if there is a reason that she doesn't just take his tech. Either by force or by persuasion. Big Mom hasn't been characterized as someone who is particularly concerned over maintaining good relations with others and is a hedonist, so if she wants the tech, it'd be within her character to just fight them for it. I mean, a war with Germa probably wouldn't be anything to sniff at, but she's a goddamn Yonko. If it's not a collection of literally the top fighters ever, taking out a single kingdom shouldn't be overly difficult. Or, rather, if not that, then why not buy the engineer's off? She doesn't need Germa as the manufacturer's as far as I know, given she seems super well connected, she should be able to just buy/steal anything they need,. Then again, the Germa soldiers are pretty loyal, unto death and all....why, I have no idea. I hope there is a reason for it, because otherwise Big Mom can just go "Hey, I got better shit over here, come work for me instead and I won't eat your kids."

I know it seems I'm doing my usual thing of trying to break the conflict for why it doesn't work, but I am actually strangely liking this arc....or atleast the Big Mom half of it. I think Big Mom's plan to rise to power is much cooler than Kaidou's. It seems actually well thought out, while it feels like Kaidou just got really drunk one day, thought an army of beasts would be so hardcore and never let it go. It could be that Big Mom has a nonstupid reason for the marraige....I hope. I'll talk about why if I keep liking it as it goes on, but for now, I'm just in the very strange position of just enjoying the events playing out. Rare feeling for me with OP.
I don't get why they need a wedding too. Just make a contract. The Vinsmokes are giving Big Mom a "stranger" (as Sanji isnt dear to them) so she is basically on a disavantage here.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I don't get why they need a wedding too. Just make a contract. The Vinsmokes are giving Big Mom a "stranger" (as Sanji isnt dear to them) so she is basically on a disavantage here.

I don't think Big Mom just wants the Germa's weaponry, she wants the people AND the weaponry, package deal. "Add their military might to my own." Weddings are how she exerts dominance on external crews, by making them part of her family. Judge probably doesn't really appreciate what he's getting in to.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I take back my hopes that one of the Vinsmokes will be sympathetic.

I hope they all get rekt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom