• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

LotusHD

Banned

I think I low-key like Nami more than Robin now due to the recent arc.

Also why the fuck is Homura from Madoka Magica in there?

Don't read Jojo, don't read Magi, don't read Black Clover, read Assassination Classroom Blackleg.

Read Jojo. As for AssClass, meh, it was alright, but fairly straightforward tbh, not a series I'm pressed to recommend to someone. But at the same time, it has actually concluded, so sure, why not I guess.

caliph95

tumblr_inline_ngnmf6WVIT1smmqpb.png
*sending it oda*

I think I low-key like Nami more than Robin now due to the recent arc.

Also why the fuck is Homura from Madoka Magica in there?

Read Jojo. As for AssClass, meh, it was alright, but fairly straightforward tbh, not a series I'm pressed to recommend to someone. But at the same time, it has actually concluded, so sure, why not I guess.

I mean, the premise was interesting and had a lot of cool moments, along with a very unconventional MC. I think the ending was beautiful too.

LotusHD

Banned
I mean, the premise was interesting and had a lot of cool moments, along with a very unconventional MC. I think the ending was beautiful too.

I don't deny the premise being interesting, but wasn't really wowed nonetheless at the end of the day. Also for a series where you got a bunch of kids who are training to kill someone, they play it pretty safe. I mean, I get it, I guess, it'd probably be awkward if there were serious casualties.

I did like it mind you (The twist was also cool too), but yea again, not something I'd go out of my way to recommend to someone.

caliph95

At least for the anime I feel like it's a solid enough show if someone is looking for a lighthearted show and even fairly new to anime.

It's not the best thing or top of my best anime list but I really enjoyed it

Of the current era. Actually mildly pleased to see Cutie Honey still be such a big deal.

On Nami, was discussing with that friend who recently binged the whole manga - it's actually kinda mildly disappointing that Nami's thieving aspects (as in, skill set, not her personality) got eased out over time in favour of the weather stuff. I mean, it makes sense, since the former was more what Arlong wanted out of her, and the latter is an extension of her actual interests and navigational skills, but it does leave the crew somewhat lacking for an actual cat burglar of any description. Thinking on it further, Film Gold kinda inadvertently highlights this with the character of Carina and all.

Then again, I suppose one could argue such a character would be superfluous now.

Euphony

Banned
Of the current era. Actually mildly pleased to see Cutie Honey still be such a big deal.

On Nami, was discussing with that friend who recently binged the whole manga - it's actually kinda mildly disappointing that Nami's thieving aspects (as in, skill set, not her personality) got eased out over time in favour of the weather stuff. I mean, it makes sense, since the former was more what Arlong wanted out of her, and the latter is an extension of her actual interests and navigational skills, but it does leave the crew somewhat lacking for an actual cat burglar of any description. Thinking on it further, Film Gold kinda inadvertently highlights this with the character of Carina and all.

Then again, I suppose one could argue such a character would be superfluous now.

I don't think a thieving character is superfluous now if you consider what the main goal of the current arc was. Looking back, it would have been a perfect time for Nami to stretch her thieving skills. That said I do like her weather control abilities more than her former thieving skills considering she is the Straw Hats navigator. Plus thievery is kind of Robin's thing in a way. She's the espionage and subterfuge member of the crew and that was cemented with her time with the Revolutionary Army.

LotusHD

Banned
Only one man could successfully copy those Poneglyph markings without getting caught, and that man is Brook.

latest

Even Nami's boobs are no match for the awesome storage capacity that is Brook's head.

Ray Down

Banned
Only one man could successfully copy those Poneglyph markings without getting caught, and that man is Brook.

latest

Even Nami's boobs are no match for the awesome storage capacity that is Brook's head.

Now Oda going to write a scenario to prove you wrong.

LotusHD

Banned
Now Oda going to write a scenario to prove you wrong.

Perhaps.

That's a weird but firm comparison

I bring it up because Brook was put in a position where he needed to hide the Poneglyph in a place where no one would expect to look, in case he gets caught. It was off-screen, but many people suspected that he would hide it there. Whereas for Nami, she often likes to store stuff in her chest area, as shown by her tucking away both her weather staff and Big Mom's Vivre Card in there. But alas, her favored method of storage was infiltrated in this same arc, by... Brulee I think, who took away half of the Vivre card. I forgot who it was.

So yea, that's why I compared them.

Ogodei

I don't think a thieving character is superfluous now if you consider what the main goal of the current arc was. Looking back, it would have been a perfect time for Nami to stretch her thieving skills. That said I do like her weather control abilities more than her former thieving skills considering she is the Straw Hats navigator. Plus thievery is kind of Robin's thing in a way. She's the espionage and subterfuge member of the crew and that was cemented with her time with the Revolutionary Army.

Plus Robin's naturally a lot better at it. Nami has to at least get close to you to steal stuff off of you, Robin doesn't have that limitation.

caliph95

Perhaps.

I bring it up because Brook was put in a position where he needed to hide the Poneglyph in a place where no one would expect to look, in case he gets caught. It was off-screen, but many people suspected that he would hide it there. Whereas for Nami, she often likes to store stuff in her chest area, as shown by her tucking away both her weather staff and Big Mom's Vivre Card in there. But alas, her favored method of storage was infiltrated in this same arc, by... Brulee I think, who took away half of the Vivre card. I forgot who it was.

So yea, that's why I compared them.
Fair enough
tumblr_inline_ngnmf6WVIT1smmqpb.png

latest

Really it was because Big Mom has a thing for strange exotic creatures, which helped Brook survive where Nami wouldn't.

But Nami just pulled off the greatest theft ever by stealing Zeus.

Top Bottom