• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

caliph95

What you guys don't find it fun when games gimped your progress with "energy" points that force you to wait or make it hard to progress in order for you to buy "gems" to get the good stuff

What you guys don't find it fun when games gimped your progress with "energy" points that force you to wait or make it hard to progress in order for you to buy "gems" to get the good stuff
I think I don't like playing on a phone as well. Most games if you play for more than a few min the whole phone heats up and my hands start sweating from touching the screen.

Ray Down

Banned
From Sandman on AP:

- Oda planned to draw a manga which handles pirates, witch/wizard or Ninja ever since he was a kid according to editor Kushima.
- Oda originally planned that Doflamingo and Corazon had no blood relationship. Corazon was just one of his subordinates. Doflamingo had no brothers or sisters. Vergo's code name was Sir Dean.
- The name of Donquixote Homing was originally Donquixote Dressking. Dressking and Cobra were good friends.
- Doflamingo thought, "I'm gonna become king of the world!" when he escaped from Marijoa. Then he formed a crime syndicate in "Downs" in North Blue.
- After Roger got executed, Doflamingo made up his mind, "I'm gonna become King of the Pirates!"
- Oda's uric acid level is high due to lack of exercise.
- Oda sometimes skips meals for a few days to focus on his work.
- When an assistant asked Oda what was the most delicious food in his life, he answered that his favorite food was small pieces of cheap pork sold in supermarkets with rice and soy sauce.
- Oda is really grateful to Hisashi Sasaki, Vice President of Global SHONENJUMP since he made a lot of effort to realize the serialization of ONE PIECE despite many editors being against it.
- Oda got angry when his editor told him that none of his female characters were cute before his debut.
- Oda's friend mangaka told him that there was a terrible editor named Sugita. When Sugita met Oda for the first time as his editor, Oda instantly said to him, "Change to another editor!". Sugita was shocked to hear that. Oda says Sugita later turned out to be a good editor.
- Oda complains that current editor Naito is the most low-key editor in his life. Even when Naito praised that this chapter was interesting, Oda wasn't able to trust his words. Oda says editor Sugita was the best editor in this regard. Naito's low-key attitude improved a lot in 2 weeks after Oda's advice.
- When Oda and editor Hattori met for the fist time, Oda asked him if he is married or has a girlfriend. Hattori answered that his wife is pregnant. Oda told him that then he can't give Hattori much work. Hattori was surprised since he thought Oda was a very strict mangaka with editors.
- Oda starts his talk with editor on a phone, "What were your interesting events which happened this week?" since Oda needs to be relaxed after concentrating on manga.
- Amazon Lily arc got more sexy than Oda had planned since he was glad that his editor Hattori got hyped every time he drew sexy characters. Hattori jokingly complains, "Your words sound like I'm just a lecherous editor!"

http://www.arlongpark.net/showthread...=1#post3823021

Oda eat dammit, treat your body well!

Chapter 99.

Second shounen ive read after DB. Really enjoy it, much better pacing and story telling than DB. Though I feel editors etc are the majority reason DB suffered its poor pacing and other problems rather than akira.

This manga got heart too.

Berserk still the best manga, i think this is second for me.

LOVE how the covers tell side stories, thats brilliant

caliph95

Chapter 99.

Second shounen ive read after DB. Really enjoy it, much better pacing and story telling than DB. Though I feel editors etc are the majority reason DB suffered its poor pacing and other problems rather than akira.

Well that and the fact Akira is a bit lazy and doesn't really plan shit

Morlas

Chapter 99.

If you're only on chapter 99 you ain't seen nothing yet

LotusHD

Banned
Chapter 99.

Continue to keep us updated, you're gonna love it more and more!

Chapter 99.

This is exciting you're so early in gonna love reading impressions

caliph95

Good thing this is the manga thread lol
tumblr_nix01wsu9P1u9o7gzo1_400.gif

Aye I'm just saying we pretty good all things considered you in that damn Dbs thread so you know
Not a high bar

Chapter 99.

Good to hear that you are enjoying it!!

What the latest events that happened in chapter 99?
Did they enter the grand line yet?

Oda wears the trials of working on Manga like a badge.

I think in the last Oda interview they put out, he said he doesn't like complaining about how hard being a manga author is because it's so common.

But you can see it's still there because every time I see his comments on a completed manga it's usually "Congratulations on working for X amount of years, YOU MUST BE REALLY TIRED".

On to other topics.
I wonder if we going to see Kuzan doing stuff in background when luffy group take on Kaido.
Since that is going to be a huge event in OP world if everything comes together .
Really looking forward to seeing just how crazy thing goings to get and effect it going to have on the story .

Euphony

Banned
On to other topics.
I wonder if we going to see Kuzan doing stuff in background when luffy group take on Kaido.
Since that is going to be a huge event in OP world if everything comes together .
Really looking forward to seeing just how crazy thing goings to get and effect it going to have on the story .

Isn't it rumored that he's working with or spying on the Blackbeard pirates? I assume he'll show up once Blackbeard plays a bigger part in some upcoming arc, maybe even Wano.

On to other topics.

alot of people predicting that moria will show up and even team up with the straw hats fleet vs kaido.
I think Kuzan will die off screen by blackbeard.

Ogodei

All of the villains in Skypiea (except for Enel and Gedatsu) who were put on small clouds and sentenced to die of exposure/thirst/starvation from drifting through the skies?

Edit: It's weird how Enel basically got what he wanted out of that arc. He escaped with his airship made of stolen gold, and achieved his dream of making it to the moon. All the Straw Hats really did was prevent him from destroying Skypiea in the process. Shows how much of a dick he was that the death and destruction were completely incidental to his plan and ambition.

Top Bottom