• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
How can you love Goten but hate bread

caliph95

Hey what's going on in here---

5ut3yXE.gif

turmoil

Banned
I have read the first ~100 chapters of HxH lately(paused after Silva and never retire granddad fight Phantom Troupe guy), the action and fights seem better than east blue OP to me, the world-building looks like it won't escalate as nicely(now those mafia capos are fearsome, now they are nothing). Problem so far is that I feel nothing for the characters, at this point in OP we had Usopp, Nami, Sanji, Gaimon, Shushu and maybe others I'm forgetting and I felt at least slightly touched by their backstories, in HxH so far I don't care about the main crew and their motives, but doesn't look like a kind of story that goes with that.

Hisoka is God

caliph95

So is Big Father one of Capone's awake powers?
Doesn't awakened Devil for his type allows him to control over the environment which is what Doffy and Gild (non-cannon but had Oda's involvement) did when they turned he environment in to their "element" and better control of the environment

Ray Down

Banned
I'm reading Fist of the North Star currently so hopefully I'll find some good parallels to OP characters in there. Except unlike OP, tons of people die in this thing. So maybe not that many.

Yeah, that was back in the days of early jump were they were lax when it came to stuff that passed there editors.

What parallels?

Ray Down

Banned
Only part 1 and maybe 2 (never read the book)

I would say all the JoJos 1-4 (before post art change with Josuke) Protganist and even Dio are all influnced by Kenshiro.

That and how they punch using a catch phrase when fighting, like Kenshiro: AH-TATATATATA

Jotoro: ORA ORA ORA, Dio: MUDA MUDA MUDA, Josuke: DORA DORA DORA

caliph95

I would say all the JoJos 1-4 (before post art change with Josuke) Protganist and even Dio are all influnced by Kenshiro.

That and how they punch using a catch phrase when fighting, like Kenshiro: AH-TATATATATA

Jotoro: ORA ORA ORA, Dio: MUDA MUDA MUDA, Josuke: DORA DORA DORA
Though there was a gradual change over the parts, its part 5 when he switched to a completely different art style

ARIARIARI ... ! ARRIVEDERCI
VOLAVOLAVOLA

Ray Down

Banned
if anything i would be mad because pudding's heel turn it's what started the downfall of the arc into a plothole festival....if she was going to be "redeemed" why didn't she just stayed good in the first place?
Well it not like her whole story been revealed.

That is it i think i have finally given up on the anime completely .
Was looking forward to Sanji fighting his dad and it was trash .
Don't think i can take this slow ass drawn out poor pacing shit any more.

BHK3

Banned
That is it i think i have finally given up on the anime completely .
Was looking forward to Sanji fighting his dad and it was trash .
Don't think i can take this slow ass drawn out poor pacing shit any more.

lol how you didnt quit right during impel down is a wonder to me if you tolerated it for this long

Top Bottom