• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

caliph95

Him beating up Yonji aside, I just assumed he was likely stronger than any of them individually due to him not giving much of a fuck when fighting his father. Also it'd be kind of lame if his dad ended up being right with his whole eugenics shtick.

But given how his dad was crying like a baby, it feels like his children are probably stronger.
He kids didn't cry or care because they were built to be psychopath or sociopaths whichever is appropriate.

Ray Down

Banned
She changes Big Mom's memories to her working out an agreement to leave the Strawhats alone and let Pudding and Jimbei go in peace.

I'm sorta joking but this can happen I still think her powers are what will save the day in the end, stop the bitter conflict right now.

Shit more joking maybe Pudding and Sanji will get together, Veelk will rain firery posts from the heavens and weirder posts between me and Black leg

Pudding and Sanji will not get together. Like, you know that dynamic isn't happening.

She'll either

A. Copy Lola
B. Reveal that she's awakened the ability to read poneglyphs as a cliffhanger at the end of the arc.

caliph95

I know that, but still, now I have doubts.
I wouldn't take their reactions to mean anything they are basically robots perptually aet to smug asshole and pervy sanji mode

Though i wouldn't be surprised because of their genetics and training and his reliant on them that they are stronger than their dads, would be cool if Reiju is so she an be the captain of the 9th company

Ray Down

Banned
Wait Maju, I always said Yonji had his suit, the hit and run bit was that it was just that the Vins attacked for a sec and then went into the castle

Yea he has his raid suit on when getting fixed up,
Anime has him wearing it too
Yea yea anime I kno

He would wear that battle suit in doors.

turmoil

Banned
I'm sorta joking but this can happen I still think her powers are what will save the day in the end, stop the bitter conflict right now.

maybe Pudding and Sanji will get together, Veelk will rain firery posts from the heavens and weirder posts between me and Black leg

The beginning of user shipping?

RomanceDawn

Yeah I don't care about that explanation, it's fuckin stupid and you know it. Sure, I'll allow gag abilities like Nami's happiness punch crap since it never actually affects things, but Sanji's fire is a fundamental component of how he fights, and "heart" is a BS explanation in a manga full of superpowers with Real Explanations.

Now, I will allow something like "Sanji's passion allowed him to pull the potential out of his latent superhuman genetics," a bit of both worlds. Still keeps his character arc, provides an actual reason for it. Perhaps even says that his brothers could be even more powerful if they had emotions, that Sanji is actually the perfect weapon because of it, take that Daddy Germa.

I can understand the frustration but if it makes you feel just a little better, lighting ones limbs, body or weapons on fire is just a normal technique in the One Piece world that just needs to be learned.

Sanji
Mariegold
Daruma
Luffy
Fossa (White Beard's Commander with the balding head and cigar)
Kinemon (Pretty sure he can engulf his blade in flames just like Fossa, maybe I'm wrong)

All these guys do it one way or another. When it comes to protecting ones self from harm, ever since Mariegold was the second person to show us such a thing during our pre-Haki exposition I assumed it was because of Haki. I only coupled it with Oda's seemingly joke answer about Sanji's passion burning hotter than the flame. Passion, spirit, Haki.

We may very well be stuck with the non-answer forever but at the very least it isn't exclusive to Sanji. What ever it is, its a a technique that can be learned. Not to mention if it is a technique thats learned through hard work and effort(and it is) it flies in the face of the Germa kids who only have their abilities due to devil fruits or advanced technological weapons backing them.

Ray Down

Banned
Veelk veing tsundere.

I can understand the frustration but if it makes you feel just a little better, lighting ones limbs, body or weapons on fire is just a normal technique in the One Piece world that just needs to be learned.

Sanji
Mariegold
Daruma
Luffy
Fossa (White Beard's Commander with the balding head and cigar)
Kinemon (Pretty sure he can engulf his blade in flames just like Fossa, maybe I'm wrong)

All these guys do it one way or another. When it comes to protecting ones self from harm, ever since Mariegold was the second person to show us such a thing during our pre-Haki exposition I assumed it was because of Haki. I only coupled it with Oda's seemingly joke answer about Sanji's passion burning hotter than the flame. Passion, spirit, Haki.

We may very well be stuck with the non-answer forever but at the very least it isn't exclusive to Sanji. What ever it is, its a a technique that can be learned. Not to mention if it is a technique thats learned through hard work and effort(and it is) it flies in the face of the Germa kids who only have their abilities due to devil fruits or advanced technological weapons backing them.

Good post.

Lunar15

That's something I'd like to see.

So what's probably going to happen is that he becomes the next faction to join the Strawhat alliance.

We've definitely crossed the threshold of them being beat up as villains. They're "good guys" now.

If there's one thing I'll give Oda right now, it's that I have no idea where this arc is going. For better or worse.

We've definitely crossed the threshold of them being beat up as villains. They're "good guys" now.

If there's one thing I'll give Oda right now, it's that I have no idea where this arc is going. For better or worse.

I'm trying to think of where it'll go and I'm running into a bunch of logistic roadblocks.

It's exciting.

Ray Down

Banned
Id say smaller things this arc you could guesstimate, like I did with Pudding.

Some of the bigger things are really hard to say since there alot of variables.

Verelios

Man as much as she hates the Strawhats I imagine she hates Bege more considering he joined her crew/family and is not only leaving but is betraying her.

S for Swirly Brow.
Yep, this arc really did a wonder for Bege's character, which is awesome, but I don't see how he'd still be breathing afterwards even if he escaped WCI. Big Mom is going to mercilessly chase his ass down, and considering he fled to her umbrella to get away from getting shanked, short of some magic powder he is dead.

LotusHD

Banned

I'm trying to think of where it'll go and I'm running into a bunch of logistic roadblocks.

It's exciting.

I'm just happy that unlike Dressrosa at certain points, I don't gotta defend it with a "It's better when you binge it excuse" This arc has been consistently entertaining.

Ogodei

luffy19.jpg

I actually didn't start out hating it. I found playing with the dynamics sort of fun, but nothing to take too seriously. When I saw how people (almost exclusively over the internet) live and breathe this shit, spending their lives drawing fanart of their favorite ships and writing paragraphs, essays on why they're the best, shoving them down other people's throats and getting violently defensive when their "ship" is challenged, I grew to loathe them with a burning, draconian passion.

It's more the combativeness that bothers me. I can't claim a dislike for people writing deep analysis of their ships. Quick estimate on my fanfiction.net account shows i've written about 90,000 words on Yoruichi x Soi Fon (Bleach) and about 80,000 words for Zoro x Robin, so i've been there.

Deep analysis is part of the fandom, at least if you're doing shipping *right* and trying to create something that's at least canon-plausible and using your understanding of the characters to support that (which is how i was able to get so much mileage out of both of those pairings, my fics were heavy on introspection and character study).

Part of me wonders where in the hell i found the time to do all that writing, i can barely muster that energy anymore.

Ray Down

Banned
luffy19.jpg

I actually didn't start out hating it. I found playing with the dynamics sort of fun, but nothing to take too seriously. When I saw how people (almost exclusively over the internet) live and breathe this shit, spending their lives drawing fanart of their favorite ships and writing paragraphs, essays on why they're the best, shoving them down other people's throats and getting violently defensive when their "ship" is challenged, I grew to loathe them with a burning, draconian passion.

952.gif

Don't forget cosplaying as characters and them being together..... I think that was some of the worse cringe I've seen.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
It's more the combativeness that bothers me. I can't claim a dislike for people writing deep analysis of their ships. Quick estimate on my fanfiction.net account shows i've written about 90,000 words on Yoruichi x Soi Fon (Bleach) and about 80,000 words for Zoro x Robin, so i've been there.

😬

Ray Down

Banned

hiimdaisy-dojima-stare.png

:p

I think I also don't like the holier then thou some tend to have to opposite ships when there basically the same too.

Mind linking?

Ogodei

Some stuff i'm frankly too embarrassed to link.

As far as One Piece stuff that i'm not completely mortified by:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6991961/1/Guardian-Devil

This is a one-shot set during the 2Y skip that picks a little at the meaning of Zoro's Asura power.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9934948/1/Numbers-Game

This one's a ripoff of a Star Trek: TNG episode "Parallels" where some time-space stuff happens and Worf gets shunted around into alternate realities, starting slowly (like an alternate reality where LaForge's birthday party had vanilla cake instead of chocolate), and ending up very weird, which i then use as a vehicle for the ship.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10274224/1/Rig-Maratha

This one takes place in one of those alt realities. Gets NSFW after chapter 5 and also has me rip off names from The Iliad and a random cameo from one of the Monster Hunter 3U monsters, but it's tasteful enough to pass muster.

On the Bleach side:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7304558/1/Four-Weeks

This is based off the bargain Soi Fon established during the War Arc with Hachi (that she'd use her Bankai if he'd seal Urahara away for a month), which Soi Fon uses to get what she wants.

There's a sequel to it that's even wordier but gets *really* indulgent in NSFW stuff and leans more on working through problems of LGBT relationships. Not gonna link that.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7621337/1/How-the-Bee-Stole-Christmas

This is one where i went completely mad and adapted "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" to Bleach somehow, but i think it holds up well in its own absurdity, but again looped in my shipping preference.

Ray Down

Banned
For the time being I may be retiring the Pudding avatars.

Bishop this is what happens during a break week and at least it all OP related...generally!

And you should have used this:
giphy.gif

With volume 86 coming out soon what do you guys think will be the stop chapter?

With the first chapter being the one where the make the plan, I think last chapter is the perfect cut off point.

Top Bottom