• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Veelk

Banned
Any girl that needs protection from those two goobers in the first place is trash.

Also, it looks like I'm really not getting to see Judge punched/kicked in the face.

Thanks, Oda. Thanks a lot.

jbug617

Banned
I fixed it.

Fixed for clarification.

tumblr_ooukkcML6M1tandono1_540.gif

Damn, looks like everyone is desperate now. I like how Brook, Nami, and Chopper recognize that they're not exactly ready to fight Big Mom now without the rest of the crew and the should leave while they've gotten what they came for.

While I wish Judge could get his ass kicked or ate least die by the end of the arc, I'll take Sanji saying he isn't his father to his face. It shows his backbone.

Bege has also definitely changed since the timeskip and starting a family. He actually cares for his crew now despite him being pretty heartless before. I really don't want him to die in this arc.
I like Bege more than Law. Can he not be part of the Ninja-samurai-mink-pirate alliance instead? Pave the way for Capone D. Bege!
The Ninja-Samurai-Mink-Pirate-Mafia Alliance
I honestly cannot see any way they can win this fight.
Big Mom is just too strong, even before you add in her crew.

Exactly. By herself, Big Mom could probably take on her entire crew. Her crew however, could easily wipe out most non Yonko forces by themselves. I mean, just Cracker and some of the lower tier members were able to take out Luffy and Nami. No way can this alliance take on 2 commanders, the rest of the Big Mom's crew, and Big Mom herself. That isn't even factoring in all the party guest who'd probably aid Big Mom rather than face her wrath.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Zeph = Best dad

I would not mind a side story with zeph doing manly things with a manly crew. (No homo :p)

Bege was already high on the best Supernova list, but now the man has shot up to top 3.
Drake, Kid, and Apoo need to really win me over if they want to get back up the list.

It was cool to see Sanji turn the tables on Judge and almost say word for word the same thing he said to him when he was a kid.

It would have been extremely uncharacteristic of Luffy (or Sanji) to abandon someone that's within reach of him.
Plus, Sanji needs to out be there to bake that cake.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Zeph = Best dad

I would not mind a side story with zeph doing manly things with a manly crew. (No homo :p)

Give it time when we get the Gol D. Roger flashback we'll get to see Zeff back in his prime I'm sure.

I can already taste all the callbacks and characters we know now much younger.

GaimeGuy

I'm so annoyed by Sanji it isn't even possible. He can't take one order of Luffy and shows no respect to him.
Often I still feel like he doesn't see himself as under Luffy.
That is why I prefer Zoro so much more.
Sanji is the black ops member of the crew. Zoro is the right hand man. It fits

Ogodei

Could be that Big Mom turns on her kids in her Berserker fury and they have to make a temp truce with the Straw Hats to subdue her lest she kill them all.

GaimeGuy

Nah, Luffy Dominated Doflamingo. He just doesn't have complete control over Gear 4 yet. He smacked DOffy around the entire fight, it wasn't even a challenge. The suspense came from "Luffy's too tired, oh no!" lol...
I dunno, doffy's awakening really fucked with him. Also, Doffy was critically wounded internally by law. His string sutures were emergency first aid, not regeneration.

Furthermore, Luffy needed the help of all the colosseum fighters to stall out.

I think that Luffy had Doffy beat in raw speed and power (Although Doffy was handicapped in these regards from Gamma Knife), but Doffy's experience, resourcefulness, and endurance gave him the upper hand. It's only because Luffy had other people helping him out that he was able to win.

Ray Down

Banned
What makes it more hilarious is when you remember Pudding also's jealous.

Because you see, Pudding likes Sanji, who likes Nami
But would settle for Pudding
, and Nami as we all know likes Luffy. And Luffy likes... how good she is at navigating.
It's not settling when your stepping up.

smurfx

get some go again
i seriously hope that comet/spaceship or whatever it was that took bege and his ship help bege escape. i really want to know what the hell that was. also what is going to stop big mom from going after the strawhats? will she really respect kaido's territory? there is also fishman island. she can go there and wreck everything until jimbei and luffy have to confront her.

caliph95

i seriously hope that comet/spaceship or whatever it was that took bege and his ship help bege escape. i really want to know what the hell that was. also what is going to stop big mom from going after the strawhats? will she really respect kaido's territory? there is also fishman island. she can go there and wreck everything until jimbei and luffy have to confront her.
It's not that she respects (well she does in a pirate way) but is unwilling to got war or confront unless she has an advantage otherwise their forces should be about equal

lbsa

So now that Sanji and Luffy jumped off, what happens with the rest of them? Do they still run and hope those two figure it out or do they stop and try to support them? Clearly they wanted to run away, but they can't escape without them.

Big One

Banned
As cool as that would be, it reeks of dues ex machina.
To be fair, so would the Tamatebako Box exploding in Big Mom's face. Both had an equal amount of setup for the most part we just haven't gotten the resolution to them yet. The only difference is that the Tamatebako Box was actually brought up for the good majority of this arc as a plotpoint, but Oda might be trying to subvert our expectations and bring back something most readers genuinely forgot about out of the blue.

caliph95

To be fair, so would the Tamatebako Box exploding in Big Mom's face. Both had an equal amount of setup for the most part we just haven't gotten the resolution to them yet.
Nah the box has a lot more set up and build up than a ship coming out of nowhere

Big One

Banned
Nah the box has a lot more set up and build up than a ship coming out of nowhere
In what capacity? In Fishman Island it was literally stated in one panel that a bomb was placed in it and that it was being given to Big Mom for a Tea Party That's literally the same amount of time spent showing Bege and his crew getting abducted by that rock.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
In what capacity? In Fishman Island it was literally stated in one panel that a bomb was placed in it and that it was being given to Big Mom for a Tea Party That's literally the same amount of time spent showing Bege and his crew getting abducted by that rock.

It was referenced several times since then, and was even stolen by some guy a chapter or two ago and focused on for a couple pages. The space-ship thing hasn't been seen or mentioned even once since its initial appearance.

marmoka

Banned
I could finally read the chapter. Busy day today at work and no time for a break.

It was worth waiting till getting home. I loved the chapter. Cannot wait for next week.

MS translation has Sanji pulling a Rohan Kishibe.

ewZlx9S.png

To be fair, so would the Tamatebako Box exploding in Big Mom's face. Both had an equal amount of setup for the most part we just haven't gotten the resolution to them yet. The only difference is that the Tamatebako Box was actually brought up for the good majority of this arc as a plotpoint, but Oda might be trying to subvert our expectations and bring back something most readers genuinely forgot about out of the blue.

You disproved your point right there.

The floating island thing was only shown once 300 chapters ago and the Tamatebako is a big Chekov's gun that had significantly more setup prior to WCI.

turmoil

Banned
Now Zoro and friends arrive at the party because Kaido and his fleet are persecuting them

An all v all scenario is established, people is super hyped

And just like that begins a two years long flashback of whatever the hell happened in Wano

Bluest balls ever

smurfx

get some go again
so it's looking like luffy is going to leave without getting some kind of power up or even a hint at awakening his fruit. i thought that was going to happen to prepare luffy for taking on kaido. he's as unprepared to take him on as he is against big mom. unless he gets it here trying to fight off big mom so everybody can escape.

Ogodei

Now Zoro and friends arrive at the party because Kaido and his fleet are persecuting them

An all v all scenario is established, people is super hyped

And just like that begins a two years long flashback of whatever the hell happened in Wano

Bluest balls ever

Doubt they could've gotten to Wano and back in that amount of time, unless the team trying to get to Wano found that Kaidou was waiting for them midway.

Or unless Whole Cake Island is significantly further (did take about 2 weeks to get there) from Zou than Wano is.

turmoil

Banned
Doubt they could've gotten to Wano and back in that amount of time, unless the team trying to get to Wano found that Kaidou was waiting for them midway.

Or unless Whole Cake Island is significantly further (did take about 2 weeks to get there) from Zou than Wano is.

Space and time are relative, Oda can make Kaido strong enough to throw his whole fleet towards WCI if he wants to solve it, this is a manga full of bullshit powers alter all.

Anyways I was just having some fun speculating "if Luffy won't come to Zoro, then Zoro must go to Luffy"

LotusHD

Banned
Space and time are relative, Oda can make Kaido strong enough to throw his whole fleet towards WCI if he wants to solve it, this is a manga full of bullshit powers alter all.

Anyways I was just having some fun speculating "if Luffy won't come to Zoro, then Zoro must go to Luffy"

giphy.gif

Top Bottom