• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece: Pirate Warriors |OT| Gomu Gomu no Musou

Okay finally finished the Main log/story mode and if anyone has played it to that certain part...
...What the hell Koei?!? One of the emotional impactful storyline and you had to ruin it by scripting it out that way.
Spoilers:
Seriously they made Ace's sacrifice into a joke, the part where Luffy releases his Haki fists at Akainu and beat him senseless, I mean if anything they should have used Whitebeard to beat Akainu, even if it is Luffy's storyline. It would have still worked out using Whitebeard and letting a us go nuts bashing the button. I'm mean this ain't DragonBall logic, Luffy did not have to go Super Saiyan after Ace's sacrifice ala Krillian =; I did a double take when it suddenly made a magma hand stage...
Rant over, will play another logs later, Ace seems like he will be a lot of fun.
Anyone have any idea what the remaining 3 CG movies are?

There's actually two endings for the story mode. One Koei style and the other ends as how the story actually does.

To get the other one, you need to capture less than 4 bases in the final map.

There's actually two endings for the story mode. One Koei style and the other ends as how the story actually does.

Lol will have to find free time again to do that ending, but that Koei ending pissed me off XD, seriously what were they thinking -.-; any idea whether the time skip Luffy is unlockable to use or it's only prologue?

Okay finally finished the Main log/story mode and if anyone has played it to that certain part...
...What the hell Koei?!? One of the emotional impactful storyline and you had to ruin it by scripting it out that way.
Spoilers:
Seriously they made Ace's sacrifice into a joke, the part where Luffy releases his Haki fists at Akainu and beat him senseless, I mean if anything they should have used Whitebeard to beat Akainu, even if it is Luffy's storyline. It would have still worked out using Whitebeard and letting a us go nuts bashing the button. I'm mean this ain't DragonBall logic, Luffy did not have to go Super Saiyan after Ace's sacrifice ala Krillian =; I did a double take when it suddenly made a magma hand stage...
Rant over, will play another logs later, Ace seems like he will be a lot of fun.
Anyone have any idea what the remaining 3 CG movies are?

Btw if anyone is having trouble with bosses.
Protip: Lock on to boss dodge a move and then spam Bazooka at them as it almost always stun them. Once they are dizzy and on one knee do the Gomu Gomu no Kane attack, takes off quite a lot of health from the bosses, in comparison to other attacks.

That's an alternative "what if" ending if you actually win the last battle, if you want to get the real ending (and the trophy) you have to lose the various battles (aka capture very few if any territories) then after Ace fights Akainu you'll get the real ending.

That's an alternative "what if" ending if you actually win the last battle, if you want to get the real ending (and the trophy) you have to lose the various battles (aka capture very few if any territories) then after Ace fights Akainu you'll get the real ending.
I blame my Dynasty Warriors honed in skill of capture as many base possible XD, will do the last battle again, but I still find that Koei ending terrible.
Edit: That last battle purposely making sure to capture as little base as possible quite annoying, basically run away and lead boss away from areas. Oh well got the silver trophy.

Akito

Anyone in for a little co-op action? I would like to try out the online mode but somehow I can not connect to anybody using quick match. My PSN ID is Akitoh.

SykoTech

Finally got some time to play it this weekend. My brother and I are going to blow through the Main Log together.

The Main Log doesn't allow for co-op, does it? I would assume not.

Finally got some time to play it this weekend. My brother and I are going to blow through the Main Log together.

The Main Log doesn't allow for co-op, does it? I would assume not.

Nope, I guess the problem is that the platforming/quick time event stuff wouldn't work in co-op, all those elements are Luffy focused.
Another Log is co-op though but I imagine you gathered that.

Tizoc

So have you guys heard about the glitched Trophy?
Basically there's a trophy for getting all coin combinations, but sadly one coin combination does not show up when u assign the specific coins.
As such, it is near impossible to get the Platinum unless you're lucky and not get the glitch to occur.
For that matter, who would be best to e-mail about this? KOEI or Namco Bandai?

Akito

Personally I'm thankful for the existence of the glitch, otherwise I might be tempted to spend who knows how many hours grinding for the coins ;)

SykoTech

This was longer than I expected. We played for a good number of hours on Saturday, but we only made it to Sabaody. Having fun though.

Basically there's a trophy for getting all coin combinations, but sadly one coin combination does not show up when u assign the specific coins.
As such, it is near impossible to get the Platinum unless you're lucky and not get the glitch to occur.

Well that sucks. I'd e-mail them both just to be sure.

Yeah, someone mentioned about it earlier. I think Namco knows about the issue and that's about it.

Mzo

I really, really like this game! They do a great job capturing the spirit of all the different characters. I'm pretty surprised at how much I like this.

=O I didn't know that. I actually never made it to that point in the anime or manga, so I just rolled with the what if ending. Pretty neat! Time to do it again.

I really, really like this game! They do a great job capturing the spirit of all the different characters. I'm pretty surprised at how much I like this.

=O I didn't know that. I actually never made it to that point in the anime or manga, so I just rolled with the what if ending. Pretty neat! Time to do it again.

There's no point tbh I did it and basically it just cuts out the Luffy vs Akainu fight and goes straight to the cutscene. No added scene or anything.

Uthred

There seems to be a fair amount of DLC out for this, unfortunately its quite expensive (at the moment buying all the dlc is almost the same price as buying the game). Is it any good?

Reknoc

There seems to be a fair amount of DLC out for this, unfortunately its quite expensive (at the moment buying all the dlc is almost the same price as buying the game). Is it any good?

Probably not unless you're desperate to play as the Strawhats in an occasional chapter cover costume or their Strong World costumes.

Uthred

SykoTech

We finally got around to wrapping up the Main Log earlier today, and....that was some ending.

My main disappointment (aside from the missing arcs of course) is that none of the villains are playable. They already have models and movesets, so why not? Would have loved to play as Crocodile in particular. And no Smoker at all? Come on. Camera was also a pain when trying to open up chests during boss fights.

Had a lot of fun with it though. Still having fun in Another Log's co-op mode. Whitebeard is a blast to use, especially his 2nd special attack.

Just played this game, and I like it so far. A few things that could have been improved but it's good over-all. I have one question though. Is "Unlocked for clearing Main Log Episode 1" really correct English? Shouldn't it be "by"? English isn't my first language so I'm not sure, but there are many occasions where it feels like the grammar is incorrect. Not that I mind, I'm just curious.

SykoTech

I think it should be "by" as well. A lot of the subtitles are kinda iffy, particularly the names. At one point I believe Blueno is called Bruno. They jump between "Hawkeye" and "Hawkeyes" as well.

Pranay

8125669630_6db343fb6b_z.jpg

Tiu Neo

Well, I hope the discount makes it sell some more copies... and that they also discount the DLC. US$15 for some costumes and three levels?!

Sqorgar

Banned
My main disappointment (aside from the missing arcs of course) is that none of the villains are playable. They already have models and movesets, so why not? Would have loved to play as Crocodile in particular. And no Smoker at all? Come on.
First games in a new Musou series tend to stick with about a dozen characters while they refine a new gameplay style. They add exponentially more characters as they go. Samurai Warriors started with 15 (SW3 had 37). Dynasty Warriors Gundam had 18 (DWG3 had 74). Fist of the North Star had 8 (FotN2 apparently has at least 21). One Piece has 13. If there is a One Piece Musou 2, I expect it to be considerably larger...

ezekial45

Banned
Cool. I've been itching for a new musou game, and I've pretty much cleared through all I can with DW Gundam 3. I hope this one is up to snuff.

Well, I hope the discount makes it sell some more copies... and that they also discount the DLC. US$15 for some costumes and three levels?!

Actually the DLC is ten costumes and ten stages.

The DLC is pretty much already discounted compared to what it would have costed if they had released them individually as they did in Japan and Europe.

Tizoc

Heh Digital ver. should've been 30 or 40 dollars to begin with, non the less glad to see it as a Plus discount.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
WOHOO!! Been comtemplating One Piece for a while, so this sale is exactly what I need to jump right into getting it!

The One Piece DLC sounds like... a bundle of Warrior games $5 DLCs.

Ok, reading up on it more, the DLC is fantastically priced for a Koei game, lol. I wish they'd make a pack like this for Hokuto Musou!

According to a user on Siliconera, in comparision to the EU prices:

No, each European character (not set) costs €3 and Ace costs €5, so to buy all the DLC in Europe it costs €32 i.e. ~$41.50.

So, Tiu Neo, I don't think we should expect any sale on the DLC at all, lol. It's already a good amount cheaper.

Nice that this sell allows new buyers to get the DLC and Game for cheaper than the games purchase when off sale, itself. Maybe it'll go on sale in a few weeks, as a folowup to the full game being on sale? I could see them not wanting ot drop the price TOO fast, as it'd anger those who just bought it so recently.

A 40% off discount on a game very unlikely to go on sale (heck, Musou games rarely go on good sales at retail) is a nice Plus bonus to me. Happy with that.

Reknoc

Finally got around to picking this up during the weekend. Nice to play it and understand what the coins actually do this time.

edit: if i had plus i'd be pretty peeved. Buy Japanese version, English version gets announced, buy English version, sale gets announced.

SykoTech

First games in a new Musou series tend to stick with about a dozen characters while they refine a new gameplay style. They add exponentially more characters as they go. Samurai Warriors started with 15 (SW3 had 37). Dynasty Warriors Gundam had 18 (DWG3 had 74). Fist of the North Star had 8 (FotN2 apparently has at least 21). One Piece has 13. If there is a One Piece Musou 2, I expect it to be considerably larger...

Makes sense. All the more reason to hope for a sequel then. Though, given the sales in Japan, I'd say that's pretty much a sure thing.

ezekial45

Banned
Did anyone else get rampant errors when trying to DL this game? I'm trying to finish DLing it, but it keeps cutting off at 4% and giving me error code 80710723.

HELP!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Did anyone else get rampant errors when trying to DL this game? I'm trying to finish DLing it, but it keeps cutting off at 4% and giving me error code 80710723.

HELP!

I DLed it Tuesday / Wed, and it took a really long time, and went slowly until I restarted it, but everyone was complaining about PSN slowness that day...

Make sure you have at least 22 gigs clear if you want to background download. Gotta have double of the actual file, and the file itself is a bit larger than 11 gigs, so might wanna have a gig or 2 over, to be safe, too.

Best suggestion would be to look up the error code online, and see if it means anything, or the search GameFaqs of other boards, and see if anyone else has had issues with the particular download.

Top Bottom