• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Korosenai

The effects of the Hana Hana no Mi allows her to double body parts. All the other characters got better control over their powers in those 2 years, why should she be left out...

Too much boob for me

They've always kind of messed Robin up.

I think it was the middle/end of the Enies Lobby arc where her face just suddenly changes and looks all weird. I don't know what was up with that.

She also had a weird face during her time at Tequila Wolf.

The random interlude or what not with the narrator part during the blood part felt awkward and out place, though I guess it made it more interesting than it would have been any other way. Overall decent episode.

I guess two or so episodes away from a new opening theme and animation?

ES_ONE_PIECE_570.jpg

One Piece 570: The Crew Is Surprised! The New Marine Fleet Admiral!

One Piece 571 Preview: I Love Sweets! The Yonko Big Mom!

SykoTech

Wow, that was a pretty loaded episode. Had a few nice laughs too. This show is just so entertaining to watch, even if post-arc wrap up episodes. I think things will be taking a bad turn soon, with Big Mom likely being pissed and all.

Cwarrior

op 566-569

Seeing hody jones whose high off his face get pummeled by a barrage of elephant guns was satisfying, for second there when luffy was breaking the ship up i thought he burst the veins on his forehead ouch.

Sweet end to an arc

Arc had a ton of beautiful backgrounds but had the lowest production value wise arc since since I don't know when, it lacked a lot of big moments animated by the big key animators it's clear the big movies toei are working on at the same time have effect this arc since most the big animators are working on the new one piece movie filmz, new dragon ball movie and episode of nami special at the time.The early part of the arc up to the flash back looked really great then followed series of one mediocre looking eps followed by good ones then back to bad one repeat etc.

Pirates are F'ed akainu is on the job
akainu3.gif

lol hody jones is all like "I can break these bars aahhhhh"

Arc had a ton of beautiful backgrounds but had the lowest production value wise arc since since I don't know when, it lacked a lot of big moments animated by the big key animators it's clear the big movies toei are working on at the same time have effect this arc since most the big animators are working on the new one piece movie filmz, new dragon ball movie and episode of nami special at the time.The early part of the arc up to the flash back looked really great then followed series of one mediocre looking eps followed by good ones then back to bad one repeat etc.

How's there no (English) subbed version of this one anyway? I know we don't talk about that here but I think not even fan subs exist.
It's the arc many consider to be the point when they got hooked to One Piece. Having it available as a semi-stand-alone full length movie is awesome. I would love to show this to some folks w/o drowning them in 40 episodes first.
It basically sounds like the perfect entry point to the series.

Full agree on the backgrounds btw, first half of this arc was really beautiful. I didn't like the idea of this stop before actually getting to the New World but then I was pleased with the pretty setting.

btw I would have completely forgotten that Blackbeard was the one scaring Wapol out of Drum Island if it wasn't for Chopper's comment in the newest episode.
I wonder which Devil Fruit abilities they are stealing now... I guess to pimp his crew one by one?

This episode went by fast. I think the song and jubilation was fun and alright.

Also did get One Piece Season 4 Part 2 dvd, will watch those eps 218 - 229 sometime, since I never watched them before.

New one piece 2 hour special announce

One Piece Episode of luffy ~ Hand Island Adventure ~

『One Piece - Episode of Luffy』 Adventure to the New World from the encounter with Shanks

airing the 15 dec 2012 at 9pm (a saturday evening like the nami special)

short teaser trailer at the start
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dbMwkqoWyxg

So basically a 2 hour recap film to summarize everything that happened in the first half of the story? Funimation you need to get on this so you can start airing One Piece post time skip on TV again
in my dreams

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Isn't that how it's pronounced? Gah, waiting for that new episode. Sucks that we still don't have the Nami special though.

It is. I remember seeing someone complain the dub got "Akainu" wrong, but listening to the latest episode they were pronouncing it right.

You don't say "Ah-Oh-Ki-Ji", you say "Ow-Ki-Ji". Especially since the first two letters are "Ao", and I imagine Blue Exorcist is said the same way in Japanese.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
My partner and I passed episode 300 last night after a very long hiatus halfway through the Skypiea arc, but we've watched some 100+ episodes within the timeframe of a fortnight or so. Intense.

I have no idea why we stopped during Skypiea. Maybe it had something to do with that stupid ordeal of balls.

Anyway. I think One Piece has hit that moment where it has become increasingly enjoyable the more I watch it, if that was even possible since I liked it from the get-go. Every time I get home from work I want to throw on an episode or three and relax with laughs.

Luffy and Usopp are still my favourite characters, but I love the whole crew in their own little ways. I thought to myself last night how it was slightly humourous that I thought Franky was the biggest and most annoying douche out there. But the past dozen or so episodes, specifically going from his past and up to the current moment where he is with Robin on the Bridge of Hesitation, has caused me to do a complete reversal. I can see him hitting the same personal tier of love that Luffy and Usopp belong to.

Looking forward to watching some more each day until we finally catch up with everything and then the plan is to read the manga.

P.S. How fucking cool was that moment in Enies Lobby when Robin breaks down in tears and pleads that she wants to live when the Straw Hats are standing on the Courthouse staring down CP9 who are in the Tower of Justice? Probably my favourite moment in One Piece yet.

Mr. Fix

My partner and I passed episode 300 last night after a very long hiatus halfway through the Skypiea arc, but we've watched some 100+ episodes within the timeframe of a fortnight or so. Intense.

I have no idea why we stopped during Skypiea. Maybe it had something to do with that stupid ordeal of balls.

Anyway. I think One Piece has hit that moment where it has become increasingly enjoyable the more I watch it, if that was even possible since I liked it from the get-go. Every time I get home from work I want to throw on an episode or three and relax with laughs.

Luffy and Usopp are still my favourite characters, but I love the whole crew in their own little ways. I thought to myself last night how it was slightly humourous that I thought Franky was the biggest and most annoying douche out there. But the past dozen or so episodes, specifically going from his past and up to the current moment where he is with Robin on the Bridge of Hesitation, has caused me to do a complete reversal. I can see him hitting the same personal tier of love that Luffy and Usopp belong to.

Looking forward to watching some more each day until we finally catch up with everything and then the plan is to read the manga.

P.S. How fucking cool was that moment in Enies Lobby when Robin breaks down in tears and pleads that she wants to live when the Straw Hats are standing on the Courthouse staring down CP9 who are in the Tower of Justice? Probably my favourite moment in One Piece yet.

I'm not surprised you zoomed through Water 7/Enies Lobby so quickly. That shit was the best. Also get to episode 312. Seriously.

One of the best moments in the series, seriously. Sparked a new era for both pirates and the Straw Hat crew.

I'm not surprised you zoomed through Water 7/Enies Lobby so quickly. That shit was the best. Also get to episode 312. Seriously.
I had to look up episode 312 since I forgot which that was.

then i saw that you indeed need to watch that one asap

Mr. Fix

One of the best moments in the series, seriously. Sparked a new era for both pirates and the Straw Hat crew.

I had to look up episode 312 since I forgot which that was.

then i saw that you indeed need to watch that one asap

I forget if 311 was the jump, but that was a really emotional scene as well.

SykoTech

Oh look, Dr. Eggman got a promotion.

Starting an all out war with one of the Emperor's before even setting foot in the New World. That's Luffy for you, almost too badass for his own good. Also nice to hear that that Kid is still active. Can't wait to see what's become of the rest of the Supernovas since the timeskip, particularly Bonney.

As for Sanji....well, I hope he's prepared for more disappointment once he meets Big Mom. I guess he might have that other girl to look forward to, assuming he's into 3-eyed women.

ES_ONE_PIECE_571.jpg

One Piece 571: I Love Sweets! The Yonko Big Mom!

One Piece 572 Preview: Grim Prospects! A Trap that Waits in the New World

Taking over for Dr. Pangloss this week. I'm ready for that new opening soon!

Looking forward to your impressions on it and the event that precedes that episode, if you'll share it!

I went to the LSU Alabama game. Will be my last one for the year. Hope to pick it back up next week. It's not that hard. I just quote my old post and change some numbers and that's it.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Gotta say, I was surprised by all the PINK on Big Mom's associates. They were pretty solid black in the manga, though yes you can only do so much there. I'd have expected a lighter manga coloring in general though if the intent was for pink.

Does anyone know how the colors for characters are decided? Do they actually consult Oda for every named character? Or just do whatever they feel like?

Episodes like this always seem to get me excited to what's going to happen. I read the Manga but I just love the way they translate things into these episodes. It will be awesome from here on out!

BobLoblaw

Banned
Gotta say, I was surprised by all the PINK on Big Mom's associates. They were pretty solid black in the manga, though yes you can only do so much there. I'd have expected a lighter manga coloring in general though if the intent was for pink.

Does anyone know how the colors for characters are decided? Do they actually consult Oda for every named character? Or just do whatever they feel like?
They were colored pink on the cover of volume 66, which is what Oda wanted.
Volume_66.jpg

The three-eyed girl and Bobbins were improvised, though.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
They were colored pink on the cover of volume 66, which is what Oda wanted.
http://images.wikia.com/onepiece/images/b/b3/Volume_66.jpg[IMG]
The three-eyed girl and Bobbins were improvised, though.[/QUOTE]

Oh hey there they are. I figured they pulled stuff from covers and inserts, I didn't know those guys made it onto one though.

Maron

Wow, in the english dub they pronounced aokiji as ow-kee-jee.

In the Japanese dub they pronounce Aokiji as Ow-Kee-Jee. Some people say it's "Ah-Oh-Kee-jee" since it's saying the color "blue" but if you listen to the characters saying in Japanese it's literally the exact same.

So basically a 2 hour recap film to summarize everything that happened in the first half of the story? Funimation you need to get on this so you can start airing One Piece post time skip on TV again
in my dreams

I never understood the whole idea of airing OP on TV again post-timeskip... It's such a continuity-heavy series.

Mr. Fix

:(

So sad.

We pushed through to 324 and will leave it at that for another day.

I believe 325-330 something is filler, so that was a great place to stop if you don't watch them. And yeah, one of my favorite scenes!

Episodes like this always seem to get me excited to what's going to happen. I read the Manga but I just love the way they translate things into these episodes. It will be awesome from here on out!

I started off with the anime. I'd recommend it over the manga, until people catch up that is. They know what tracks to play during certain scenes. Gives it that oomph.

wow
todays episode...
I guess odas supply of crazy juice arrived when he wrote this

Wait till the next island! Everything is completely unpredictable, jam-packed, and focuses not only on the strawhats, but some old faces as well (who play major roles). If anyone's wondering how much longer, it's
about 3
more episodes.

Mr. Fix

Have they announced details of the new opening theme yet? I thought the past few times we've had the song, group, and date of premiere revealed before hand.

Damn, is that always the case? I assumed we would get a new one. It's been a year. There's always a chance they could just update the scenes in the opening to replace the Fishman Island ones.

i hope the new opening song is as good as fight together.

I do too!

they used the same singer from the 1st opening right? will they get the group who sang the 2nd opening for the next op?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXypdn_QRkk

believe is the best one piece opening so it would be cool.

Eww, We Are/We Go are the best by far

Great episode, wish they would have shown off more of Big Mam (they didn't in the manga so I'm not surprised).

Also seems like we're going straight to Punk Hazard no filler arc

Top Bottom