• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Firestorm

Himuro said:
OMG I have been trying to watch this shit for 30 minutes. Nothing but errors.

Better be working in the morning.
Clear cache? Worked fine for me at 9:10.

And yeah that cock-sama gave me a good laugh =P

highluxury said:
Its a shame... I really feel Oda is just pushing this series becuase of the money making machine its become. Shueisha probably need it as their current gen Dragonball.
4tr0px.gif

This is so fucking wrong there is no other response I can give.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Entropia said:
omg you changed your avatar!
Its still Jon Stewart though. And now he's not wearing pants!
Snaku said:
Great episode. I think the Amazon Lily arc was much better animated, and a lot more funny.
Well except for the first episode....

And speaking of animation, did anyone else notice how drastically different the animation became after the 7-8 minute mark? The guys of Kaizoku-Fansubs imply that its because Yoshikazu Tomita animated part of the episode (aka the guy who did the Zoro-Kuma fight part of the Zoro's Sacrifice episode. Or the robo-docking in the Oz fight.)

Himuro said:
OMG

BRING OUT THE HANCOCK GIFS
jt81sz.jpg

Maron

I'm at the beginning of Episode 258, and damn, Sogeking should've been the next Strawhat. Screw Usopp! :lol

Neo C.

Snaku said:
Man, these episodes and gifs are really making me hope Hancock is the next new Strawhat. Do it Oda!
Welp, she would die if Luffy goes away. So there's hope for the single logical solution.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Damn, the anime team made this arc even better than in the manga. Such nice animation quality all the time, not a bad pace... and the Hancock + Luffy interaction was pure win, especially in the latest episode. Some fillers... but well, it's part of Oda's sidestories. Here's hoping Impel Down is animated and as well done as this arc was.

Crew 'Filler' next week. Most exciting Filler Arc ever? I think so! Will be weird seeing and hearing the crew again when in the manga theyve been gone for over a year!

SecretBonusPoint said:
Crew 'Filler' next week. Most exciting Filler Arc ever? I think so! Will be weird seeing and hearing the crew again when in the manga theyve been gone for over a year!

OBESE USOPP FTW!!!

pic-110.jpg

Something I found while searching...

Usopp_got_fat__comparison__by_Seiji_Murayama.jpg

ryan13ts

Can't wait to see next weeks episode, probably the only filler arc in an anime I'm actually looking forward to. I just hope that in the course of this arc, they don't throw in something that will completely be contradicted down the road.....

Speaking of which, does Oda actually have any say in what content goes into the anime? Input from him could really make something like this filler arc be pretty much canon if suggestions came from him....

ryan13ts

Himuro said:
Well, it makes zero sense for Oda to not have a hand in the making of them.

In the manga, the cover issues with the crews adventures are only 2 pages a character.

Each episode is going to cover 2 crew mates in the span of 24 minutes. It makes no sense to have 12 episodes dedicated to 2 pages of manga so the details will likely be filled out in the anime.

Finally, there's no way Oda will not show what happened to the crew in the manga. He's likely already figured out what happen to them a long time. If he's going to show what happened to them in the manga, they're going to have to show what happened in the anime as well. It makes no sense for these episodes to not be based around Oda's ideas because when THEY do get to where the crew is reunited they'd have to retcon what was used in the anime.

I'm sure they had Oda's approval, as it makes no sense at all, otherwise.

What you say makes sense, but you have to keep in mind that it wouldn't be the first time Toei threw in something in the anime, only to have to retcon it later when the manga elaborates on it. Good examples of that are Marco's introduction, and Chopper using 2 rumble balls during a filler part of the Davy Fight Back.

With something as big as this though, it makes sense that they would confer with Oda about it prior instead of creating a massive plot hole later.

Awesome thread I <3 One Piece.

It's nice to see people talking about without going crazy about the manga. I hate when I'm looking at something for something as old as the beginning of the series and someone has to talk what's going on in the latest chapters blatantly spoiling everything. I know how great the manga is and all, I just don't like sitting and reading scans on my computer monitor, just doesn't feel right to me. And I've got a lot of catching up to do.

But seriously, this is an awesome thread!

Wait.. I want to talk about the latest chapter and spoilers... can I do it here? Or in the manga thread?

Id rather do it here. I gotta use spoiler tags tho right?

Entropia

No One Remembers
SnakeSlashRO said:
Wait.. I want to talk about the latest chapter and spoilers... can I do it here? Or in the manga thread?

I think we should definitely use Spoilers for talking about things that could potentially be a spoiler to anime-only people.

Twig

Banned
To be fair, the manga thread is a fucking piece of shit pain in the ass to tread through if you don't read everything everyone talks about (and I don't - I only read One Piece, at the moment).

But I thought it was obvious that spoiler tags should be used? Since when is this a new trend.

Obviously LTTP on this, but I'm so glad that companies are starting to upload new subs of their shows online. Watching One Piece on my 32" LCD through my computer is awesome. All they need to do now is get that shit streaming HD and have a few more episodes available (though it may be understandable why they may not get working on the latter).

They still have some time to go to catch up with SouthParkStudios IMO.

Himuro said:
:lol

:lol @ Boa

emoticon0106.gif

@ Franky's whole part

:lol @ his sneeze. "Ah...ah...Franky!"

There must be many Franky gifs made from this episode. I can't wait to see what they do with Sanji and Brooke.

Looks like we may have already seen a power up for Nami.

grandjedi6

Bish&#333;nen Luffy is a classic.
Himuro said:
Oh God not another Nami fanservice scene
I forgive them for that but only because of the meta-hilarity and lampshade hanging that occured when Nami pointed out the "conviently placed censor clouds".

grandjedi6

SnakeSlashRO said:

Flying_Phoenix said:
Oh and is this thread only about the anime or both the anime and manga?
If you spoil our anime-only posters, I'll stare at you with disapproval.

grandjedi6 said:
If you spoil our anime-only posters, I'll stare at you with disapproval.

I read the OP, duh to me, and I realize this was only for the anime. I was asking because I don't read the manga and I don't want anyone spoiling anything for me. Like if Usopp dies or Nami loses her virginity.

robox

sat around and watched the entire hancock saga because of you people. ya.... ya........

given that both franky and nami both ended up on islands that suit their fighting styles... will the it be the same for the others? did kuma plan for this? especially with the question he asked to them

Anth0ny

r - b - x said:
sat around and watched the entire hancock saga because of you people. ya.... ya........

given that both franky and nami both ended up on islands that suit their fighting styles... will the it be the same for the others? did kuma plan for this? especially with the question he asked to them

You'll be surprised :lol

good to see some new stuff, since we already know what happens in impel down(manga readers)

one piece gets better all the time

*plays beatles-getting better

Top Bottom