• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Drago

I want to catch up to this series so bad, just so I can surround myself in theories, mythos and the like without fear of being spoiled on anything more than I already know. The entire One Piece world is so incredible and intriguing to me.

Soon enough...

I want to catch up to this series so bad, just so I can surround myself in theories, mythos and the like without fear of being spoiled on anything more than I already know. The entire One Piece world is so incredible and intriguing to me.

Soon enough...

Yeah you're chugging right on through, you should be there fairly soon at the rate you're going

My brother messaged me recently saying he made it to the Skypiea arc. He said the one thing he's most looking forward to seeing is when Ace and Blackbeard finally meet.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

Soon enough...

You have no idea how good it felt to go from anime to manga, and finally be able to highlight every spoiler ever without fear. Oh, the joy of reading the material being adapted, not the adaption. (Except when people post raw spoilers FUCK!!!)

You have no idea how good it felt to go from anime to manga, and finally be able to highlight every spoiler ever without fear. Oh, the joy of reading the material being adapted, not the adaption. (Except when people post raw spoilers FUCK!!!)

That's why I stay away from the Manga thread tuesday night -> wednesday morning until after I've read the chapters.

BobLoblaw

Banned
I can't believe that people are still pushing (and buying) that whole Cerberus thing. There was a flashback during the FI arc which showed Blackbeard with a clawed weapon. That's a MUCH better explanation for Shanks' scar rather than something completely made up (especially since Blackbeard's never shown it in any of his fights with Ace/Whitebeard/Luffy). Please let this die already.

Link

I can't believe that people are still pushing (and buying) that whole Cerberus thing. There was a flashback during the FI arc which showed Blackbeard with a clawed weapon. That's a MUCH better explanation for Shanks' scar rather than something completely made up (especially since Blackbeard's never shown it in any of his fights with Ace/Whitebeard/Luffy). Please let this die already.

Edit out that image, or at least edit out the water mark

Akito

That alone wouldn't really explain why the scars on Shanks face still hurt though.

ryan13ts

It's a pretty good theory, but we're probably a good decade from finding out the truth so I'm still a little skeptical.

Also, I always thought the "They" comment Luffy and Zoro made on Jaya about Blackbeard was referring to his crew, not Blackbeard having someone else inside him. You have to keep in mind they saw each member of his crew (Minus Auger) individually before running into Teach himself, so I guess they managed to figure out that they were all together. It makes more since than automatically assuming that Blackbeard had someone else inside of him, that would be too unbelievable after just meeting him for a few minutes.

Cwarrior

As for why Teach was able to eat multiple DFs, this is a good theory
http://i.minus.com/ibyPwlaFtVFQPM.jpg[/IMG
[/QUOTE]

[quote="Nub, post: 48939576"]Found this: [url=http://narutoonepiecetheories.blogspot.com/2011/10/blackbeard-and-chimera-zoan-devil-fruit.html?m=1]Blackbeard Spoilers[/url]. Holy Shit[/QUOTE]

Mind blown, This makes way too much sense not to be true.

My theory was always from day 1 was blackbeard was a siamese/joined twin.
[quote]
[IMG]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3bCldpxLDMSzC-G1aNNYhOtyYgzX82z7tcdZRrVZok7VVeSiGKg

Kinda of like the total recall guy.

Speaking of Blackbeard, the World Government should really stop enlisting more Shichibukais. Pretty much all of them betrayed them / pursuit their own agenda / help Luffy :p

Speaking of Blackbeard, the World Government should really stop enlisting more Shichibukais. Pretty much all of them betrayed them / pursuit their own agenda / help Luffy :p
To be fair, of course they're going to follow their own agenda! The Shichibukai are basically there to back the World Government whenever needed. They're still pirates!

I do get where you're coming from, though. :p

Wiseblade

Except the WG needs the Warlords more than ever. The Marines took a big hit in numbers in the war against Whitebeard and they were already spread too thin as it was. The high-ranking Marines have their hands full trying to police the New World, while the Blues and the early Grand Line are dealing with a surge of rookies after WB's dying words. The marines need the intimidating power of the Warlords to deter/defeat lower level pirates they don't have the manpower to go after themselves.

gaki

Banned
Found this: Blackbeard Spoilers.

Holy Shit

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
It's a pretty good theory, but we're probably a good decade from finding out the truth so I'm still a little skeptical.

Also, I always thought the "They" comment Luffy and Zoro made on Jaya about Blackbeard was referring to his crew, not Blackbeard having someone else inside him. You have to keep in mind they saw each member of his crew (Minus Auger) individually before running into Teach himself, so I guess they managed to figure out that they were all together. It makes more since than automatically assuming that Blackbeard had someone else inside of him, that would be too unbelievable after just meeting him for a few minutes.

Yeah, remembering that scene now, Luffy and Zoro were definitely referring to his crew. The crew grouped up on-screen pretty much right after that. Certainly a reach on the part of that theorist.

Just the idea of him being chimeric by nature though, and that being what his "strange body" is, is still sound. If we just base it on the flag, what kind of ability he'd need to absorb multiple fruits, and Marco's comments.

Soriku

The theory is interesting. The thing that surprised me the most was how Luffy and Zoro refer to Blackbeard as "they."

"They"? It's not the same in the anime is it? I don't remember that all. That's really interesting. The fact that they seem so unphased by it in the panel is funny.

Edit: Unless they just referred to his crew. Which would be lame lol.

Kaizer

Banned
Found this: Blackbeard Spoilers.

Holy Shit

1fFnBHE.gif

Holy shit at this theory, lines up too good to not be true. Can't wait to get the answer in 5 years! :p

I don't post in here often enough, since duckroll brought up the movies, has anyone watched all of them? I've seen Strong World and #4 so far, plan on watching the rest this week.

smurfx

get some go again
i don't like that theory. the darkness fruit sucks in everything which is why people lose the ability to use their DF's when they come into contact with blackbeard. i prefer the theory of blackbeard having multiple hearts or maybe even having a parasitic twin.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
i don't like that theory. the darkness fruit sucks in everything which is why people lose the ability to use their DF's when they come into contact with blackbeard. i prefer the theory of blackbeard having multiple hearts or maybe even having a parasitic twin.

The latter there is all I really think it is. Chimarism from birth, not from a DF. The power-absorbing is indeed from the darkness fruit. Maybe that's how he sucked it out of whitebeard, but the second set of cells is what let him actually use it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Whitebeard is pretty certain that Blackbeard was lying about being an actual D.

The chimera theory is a good one, or a bit of flim flamming involving a weapon or other object eating a fruit. He did do a classic magic show misdirection after all.

smurfx

get some go again
Whitebeard is pretty certain that Blackbeard was lying about being an actual D.
whitebeard never said that. whitebeard said that blackbeard isn't the one roger was waiting for. roger was likely waiting for a D to rise up and take down the world government when they find one piece. blackbeard isn't the kinda guy who would fight for such a cause.

Korosenai

The latter there is all I really think it is. Chimarism from birth, not from a DF. The power-absorbing is indeed from the darkness fruit. Maybe that's how he sucked it out of whitebeard, but the second set of cells is what let him actually use it.
What if he does have the Chimera devil fruit, and later in the series when he shows it off, he gets two more heads: Whitebeards and Thatchs. Would be a mind fuck.

What if he does have the Chimera devil fruit, and later in the series when he shows it off, he gets two more heads: Whitebeards and Thatchs. Would be a mind fuck.

Dude don't even say that, creepy as hell. And I would be damned to see white beards head on his body.

Korosenai

Here is another crazy theory someone linked me to last night

Project One Piece Theory
That was a really good read. It also makes sense with (fishman island spoilers)
the prediction that Luffy destroys Fishman Island. Just because he destroys Fishman Island in the prediction doesn't mean he does it will ill intent or that he killed all of the fishman. And her predictions always come true...

789shadow

Banned
The problem with that theory is that
destroying the abnormalities of the Grand Line would cause massive climate changes and millions of deaths for the people who live there.

Akito

destroying the abnormalities of the Grand Line would cause massive climate changes and millions of deaths for the people who live there.
What if Uranus is a "device" that let you control the weather and it is already in possession of Dragon?

Was my first thought as well, could perhaps explain why the "world" collectively rejected the idea

789shadow

Banned
Was my first thought as well, could perhaps explain why the "world" collectively rejected the idea
Of course they would,
so that makes that part of the theory highly unlikely, as I don't think the AK would be made out to be the bad guys.........or would they?

Top Bottom