• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Is Nami secretly stronger than anyone on this show? She beats up everyone.

Honestly, post time skip you could probably make an argument like that. The problem being that her power requires prep time to pull off really big moves and that's hard to write so it's easier to just have her be weak. Because I mean who is going to survive a hurricane?

Wiseblade

Honestly, post time skip you could probably make an argument like that. The problem being that her power requires prep time to pull off really big moves and that's hard to write so it's easier to just have her be weak. Because I mean who is going to survive a hurricane?

Dragon, probably.

Acid08

Banned
She only one beats luffy etc. if it's for comedic effect/to stop a silly argument. It's a common thing in manga.
I know, my comment was in a joking manner :p. Since she scares everyone so much. But yeah it's a common thing.

I just finished the Giant Island/Little Garden arc. I really liked that one! The antagonists were really despicable, that one girl's(Miss Valentine) constant laughing was especially infuriating. Dorry and Boggy were awesome characters.

I know, my comment was in a joking manner :p. Since she scares everyone so much. But yeah it's a common thing.

I just finished the Giant Island/Little Garden arc. I really liked that one! The antagonists were really despicable, that one girl's(Miss Valentine) constant laughing was especially infuriating. Droggy and Boggy were awesome characters.

Yes more newcomers to read impressions from, enjoy the cruise

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
He kinda is. He's up there with Hancock, Bonney, and maybe even Perona (who could've likely killed WB if she wanted). Thing is, it seems like if your haki's strong enough, he can't do shit to you in his "room." At least, that's what
Doflamingo insinuates during Law's fight with Vergo

I understand Hancock...

But why Bonney? DO we even know what her powers are?

Edit: Just checked out some out old eps. Yea shes broken lol

my top broken one piece characters

Robin - She could just sprout giants hands from anyone, how is she not pirate queen
Law - wtf seriously
Blackbeard - yea hes so op right now
Akainu - fuck

Looks like Funimation gave an update on One Piece plans
One Piece Season 4 sale is "good"
- Sticking with 2 to 3 months turnaround time between voyages (releases); not slowing down
- One Piece DVD Collections "sell extremely well"
- Season 5 Voyage 1 to be released in July 2013.
- Just got materials last month for Strong World...goal is a holiday release (DVD and Blu-ray confirmed).
- Film Z: on the timeline...just don't know when; trying to get it as soon as they can
- Simulcast: our strongest; numbers keeps getting higher and higher; keeps growing exponentially; improvement on numbers

Yofaycesux

Neo Member
So, I've recently gotten into One Piece, and I'm currently on the final episode of the Warship Island arc, but I've only been watching the anime.

Are there any movies I need to watch? I've read that most are considered non-canon, and I plan to watch them eventually, I'm just watching while I'm at work on Hulu so I believe I'm limited to the anime. I was just curious.

Also, is there a timeline on when best to watch the movies in relation to the episodes?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So, I've recently gotten into One Piece, and I'm currently on the final episode of the Warship Island arc, but I've only been watching the anime.

Are there any movies I need to watch? I've read that most are considered non-canon, and I plan to watch them eventually, I'm just watching while I'm at work on Hulu so I believe I'm limited to the anime. I was just curious.

Also, is there a timeline on when best to watch the movies in relation to the episodes?

Movies don't matter really, they aren't part of the canon story.

Akito

This is the order of airing, you cannot do much wrong by following it. There were some more TV specials and shit but I couldn't be bothered to include them.

01. One Piece OVA
02. Episodes 1-16
03. One Piece Movie 1
04. Episodes 17-52
05. TV Special 1
06. Episodes 53-60
07. One Piece Movie 2
08. Dance Carnival Special
09. Episodes 61-102
10. One Piece Movie 3
11. Soccer King Special
12. Episodes 103-146
13. One Piece Movie 4
14. Episodes 147-149
15. TV Special 2
16. Episodes 150-174
17. TV Special 3
18. Episodes 175-183
19. One Piece Movie 5
20. Baseball King Special
21. Episodes 184-223
22. One Piece Movie 6
23. Episodes 223-253
24. TV Special 4
25. Episodes 254-257
26. One Piece Movie 7
27. Episodes 258-290
28. TV Special 5 - Episode 291
29. TV Special 6 - Episode 292
30. Episodes 293-298
31. One Piece Movie 8
32. Episodes 299-302
33. TV Special 7 - Episode 303
34. Episodes 304 - Episode 344
35. One Piece Movie 9
36. Episode 345 - 378
37. One Piece: Romance Dawn Story
38. Episode 379 - 429
39. One Piece Episode 0 & Movie 10
40. Episode 430 - 489
41. One Piece 3D: Mugiwara Chase
42. Episode 490 - 525
43. One Piece 3D: Gekisou! Trap Coaster
44. One Ppiece Episode 526 - 560
45. Episode of Nami
46. One Piece Episode 561 - 576
47. One Piece Film Z
48. One Piece Episode 577 - ?

The TV specials are mostly crap, the movies are ok for being filler stories. I'd recommend Movie 6 & 10, Episode 0 and Episode of Nami.

Acid08

Banned
This is the order of airing, you cannot do much wrong by following it. There were some more TV specials and shit but I couldn't be bothered to include them.

01. One Piece OVA
02. Episodes 1-16
03. One Piece Movie 1
04. Episodes 17-52
05. TV Special 1
06. Episodes 53-60
07. One Piece Movie 2
09. Episodes 61-102
10. One Piece Movie 3
11. Soccer King Special
12. Episodes 103-146
13. One Piece Movie 4
14. Episodes 147-149
15. TV Special 2
16. Episodes 150-174
17. TV Special 3
18. Episodes 175-183
19. One Piece Movie 5
21. Episodes 184-223
22. One Piece Movie 6
23. Episodes 223-253
24. TV Special 4
25. Episodes 254-257
26. One Piece Movie 7
27. Episodes 258-290
30. Episodes 293-298
31. One Piece Movie 8
32. Episodes 299-302
35. One Piece Movie 9
36. Episode 345 - 378
38. Episode 379 - 429
40. Episode 430 - 489
42. Episode 490 - 525
45. Episode of Nami
47. One Piece Film Z

The TV specials are mostly crap, the movies are ok for being filler stories. I'd recommend Movie 6 & 10, Episode 0 and Episode of Nami.
Cool, thanks for posting this! I'm currently around 70-something, doesn't look like I missed anything too important.

01. One Piece OVA
02. Episodes 1-16
03. One Piece Movie 1
04. Episodes 17-52
05. TV Special 1
06. Episodes 53-60
07. One Piece Movie 2
09. Episodes 61-102
10. One Piece Movie 3
11. Soccer King Special
12. Episodes 103-146
13. One Piece Movie 4
14. Episodes 147-149
15. TV Special 2
16. Episodes 150-174
17. TV Special 3
18. Episodes 175-183
19. One Piece Movie 5
21. Episodes 184-223
22. One Piece Movie 6
23. Episodes 223-253
24. TV Special 4
25. Episodes 254-257
26. One Piece Movie 7
27. Episodes 258-290
30. Episodes 293-298
31. One Piece Movie 8
32. Episodes 299-302
35. One Piece Movie 9
36. Episode 345 - 378
38. Episode 379 - 429
40. Episode 430 - 489
42. Episode 490 - 525
45. Episode of Nami
47. One Piece Film Z

Wow awesome list thanks for posting

All the stand-alone specials / episodes / movies I would rather hoard and watch them once you catch up with the anime.
You will drop down to a one episode per week schedule and might need some One Piece fix in the first weeks. Like a slow drug withdrawal :D

You only have to check prior to watching where the stuff is supposed to fit in the timeline to remember why certain characters/powers might not be there yet ;)
and some stuff doesn't even fit in the (anime/op) canon at all or is a recap of older episodes.

Technically you could also do this for the filler arcs, but I would not advise to as it's not always a clean cut and you could spoil yourself researching for it.

I was about 12 weeks behind on the anime, so I spent yesterday and the day before catching up. Now I'm sad that I'm only 2 episodes behind. I wish I could experience this series all over again. ):

It seems the tv airing on toonami will most likely not start at ep 1...
According to Josh they’re shooting for “mid to late April” however they still haven’t decided where they’re going to start. Though he did say that “it’s either going to be something like Skypiea or they might jump straight to season 4.”
http://t.co/JF2988DZ5X

Meelow

Banned
Ok so I'm looking for a new anime to watch and I always knew about One Piece and watched a few episodes (not in order) and really liked it, so I'm thinking I should start watching One Piece but it being almost 600 episodes and about 10 movies? Kinda scared me off, should I start watching it or should I look for another anime?

Ok so I'm looking for a new anime to watch and I always knew about One Piece and watched a few episodes (not in order) and really liked it, so I'm thinking I should start watching One Piece but it being almost 600 episodes and about 10 movies? Kinda scared me off, should I start watching it or should I look for another anime?

One Piece is amazing, and yes, you should watch it.

In fact, I would suggest marathoning it.

Raxus

Watch from the beginning. Watch the intros once and then skip them and the recaps and most episodes are a tidy 15ish minutes. You can easy go through 4 a day/marathon everything over a couple weekends. The only reason I say this is because the series gets really good really fast at that pace. You will dive into the Arlong arc and straight into the epic Baroque Works arc.

I wish I had watched the episodes slower so I wasn't waiting a week between episodes, but you just can't stop watching once you start.

I think I've only watched one of the movies so they aren't important to the story.

Meelow

Banned
One Piece is amazing, and yes, you should watch it.

In fact, I would suggest marathoning it.

Watch from the beginning. Watch the intros once and then skip them and the recaps and most episodes are a tidy 15ish minutes. You can easy go through 4 a day/marathon everything over a couple weekends. The only reason I say this is because the series gets really good really fast at that pace. You will dive into the Arlong arc and straight into the epic Baroque Works arc.

Ok thanks, I'm actually getting excited to watch One Piece, just got to finish another show which is about 3 episodes left, When I watch a show/anime that I really like I usually watch 6-10 episodes a day, I get stuck on them lol, and I actually really like the intro song.

Don't let it scare you. It's a long series yeah but you have your entire life to catch up. There's no rush.

That's true lol

I wish I had watched the episodes slower so I wasn't waiting a week between episodes, but you just can't stop watching once you start.

I think I've only watched one of the movies so they aren't important to the story.

Do you recommend me watching the movies as well? And if so does anyone know the timeline of the movies (that take place after each episode?) Thanks if you do.

Acid08

Banned
Ok thanks, I'm actually getting excited to watch One Piece, just got to finish another show which is about 3 episodes left, When I watch a show/anime that I really like I usually watch 6-10 episodes a day, I get stuck on them lol, and I actually really like the intro song.

That's true lollol

Do you recommend me watching the movies as well? And if so does anyone know the timeline of the movies (that take place after each episode?) Thanks if you do.
Look at the top of this page for an awesome viewing order post.

Meelow

Banned
You'll love us all when you get to Water 7/Enies Lobby.

Best arc of anything in anything ever. It's SO GOOD.

Yeah I feel I'll be on this thread a LOT when I start watching tomorrow.

Be sure to post impressions as you go!

But be careful of spoilers in this thread though, they usually go unmarked.

Ok sure, and yeah I'll try to avoid spoilers, when I was watching Zatch Bell I saw the ending way before I finished it...I'll make sure I won't look up any future episodes before I get to them this time lol.

Jigolo

Meelow, you're gonna be sad when you get all caught up and have to wait a week for a new episode. The show is that epic

Korosenai

Yeah I feel I'll be on this thread a LOT when I start watching tomorrow.

Ok sure, and yeah I'll try to avoid spoilers, when I was watching Zatch Bell I saw the ending way before I finished it...I'll make sure I won't look up any future episodes before I get to them this time lol.
Yes, be very wary of spoilers. If you dont want to get spoiled but still want to discuss what youre watching, just make a post and then use the who quoted me feature to reply to that person.

Meelow

Banned
Meelow, you're gonna be sad when you get all caught up and have to wait a week for a new episode. The show is that epic

It'll be a while before I get caught up to everyone else but yeah it probably will be lol, I remember when I finished Inuyasha and the Final Act finally came out, waiting an extra 26 weeks to see the last episode was really hard lol.

But yeah I'm planning to watch every episode + movie so I'm very excited :)

Yes, be very wary of spoilers. If you dont want to get spoiled but still want to discuss what youre watching, just make a post and then use the who quoted me feature to reply to that person.

Yeah I'll do that, thanks :)

Always nice to see more newcomers. Wish I could wipe my mind and watch the show for the first time right along with ya.

But as the others have said, tread this thread and every One Piece related Youtube video with extreme caution. As you go through the long show, it may get tempting to take a quick peak ahead. But this is one series you really don't want spoiled for you.

I'll force myself not to look up anything One Piece related other than the songs and stuff like that...It's going to be hard though without getting really curious lol.

SykoTech

Always nice to see more newcomers. Wish I could wipe my mind and watch the show for the first time right along with ya.

But as the others have said, tread this thread and every One Piece related Youtube video with extreme caution. As you go through the long show, it may get tempting to take a quick peak ahead. But this is one series you really don't want spoiled for you.

Acid08

Banned
the chopper flashback destroyed me. no other flashback compares.
Seriously man, I was sitting there being fucking devastated by his story.

When he heard Luffy and Sanji call him a monster and then wipes the tear away when he's walking away down that tunnel, god damn. :(((((((

Top Bottom