• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Tenrius

Well, I watched a few more episodes, including
a Marine admiral introduction
. I like how the more powerful a character is, the more weird/clueless his reasoning and behaviour are.

I just finished watching the CP9 arc over again after never seeing it before (I've only seen the fights but never actually watched the whole arc). I have to say that i now have my second favorite episode right next to the meeting Brook episode. I'm not sure what the episode was called but it involved Zoro babysitting a bunch of kids, funniest episode yet for me. Actually the 2 episodes following that episode were funny which just involved random stuff the Strawhats were doing after the current events were done.

ffdgh

Ahh skypeia....it was like watching paint dry....fast, slow, slower, fast, slooooow. Lol the arc could have probably been finished 10-20 episodes sooner.

Oh yes....Wypers personality got old and annoying very fast.

Acid08

Banned
Ahh skypeia....it was like watching paint dry....fast, slow, slower, fast, slooooow. Lol the arc could have probably been finished 10-20 episodes sooner.

I'm still 20 episodes out from finishing it......

Meelow

Banned
On episode 83, Really liking Vivi so far, The giants on Little Garden (forgot their names :( were funny, the laughs made me laugh, also poor Nami :(

On the Snowy Island, the witch's design is incredible for a 139 year old women, and Chopper :D

Also from what you guys are saying Skypeia should be an interesting place, I keep hearing about it lol.

789shadow

Banned

No sympathy for Wyper. Nothing more than a killer and terrorist.

On episode 83, Really liking Vivi so far, The giants on Little Garden (forgot their names :( were funny, the laughs made me laugh, also poor Nami :(

On the Snowy Island, the witch's design is incredible for a 139 year old women, and Chopper :D

Also from what you guys are saying Skypeia should be an interesting place, I keep hearing about it lol.

Doctorine has such a great character design and personality. I hope we get more characters like her in the new world. And yeah skypiea drags, but once you get through it, you get to one of the best filler arcs and then Water 7!!!!

I love Skypeia but it does drag in the anime.

Still, the flashback and enel having to
restart his heart
after his short fight with wiper are both amazing, as is Jaya and the overall story oda is telling here.

One plus the anime has is the super cool thing that happens right at the end where
Robin notices the poneglyph scrawl and you hear Roger's crusty voice saying they'll follow the trail to the end
, which adds a lot of impact compared to the manga.

Usopp gets better. I hated him when he was first introduced but even as soon as the next arc I was enjoying him.

The next two songs are among my favorites. I hated the 4th opening.

Bon Voyage is one of my faves. Has such an adventure feel to it.

Oh, and Skypia is better in rewatches. If you're watching it for the very first time it feels slow like the most recent arc the anime just finished with but on rewatches it really does feel quicker and more fun.

Of the four opening songs I've seen I actually like the first one the least.

wrong.jpg

So happy i found this thread, One Piece might be my favorite Manga ever. Fell in love with it, so so good...

Wasn't a great fan of Bon Voyage myself.

Kokoro No Chizu for life

My Man. Everything about Kokoro No Chizu is perfection, and the Water7 memories associated with it are just glorious, favorite part of the story.

I personally like Opening 6 - Brand New World the most. I just love the song which gets me pumped and the fighting scenes in the video.
My close second would have to be We Are from Op 9 I believe. I thought whoever sang that song really outdid themselves in making a rock version of We Are. Though I like all the Ops except Crazy Rainbow Star.

Tenrius

What about the endings? I saw fourteen in total and my favorites are Shōchi no suke and Memories (4th and 1st). Don't really remember most of the others.

By the way, do you guys watch the endings/openings assuming you are not watching it live? I used to watch both every single time, but stopped that practice near the end of Skypiea.

What about the endings? I saw fourteen in total and my favorites are Shōchi no suke and Memories (4th and 1st). Don't really remember most of the others.

By the way, do you guys watch the endings/openings assuming you are not watching it live? I used to watch both every single time, but stopped that practice near the end of Skypiea.

For some reason I like the english versions of most ending songs for One Piece. Though its quite saddening when I heard the reason why they stopped the ending songs.

Korosenai

Someone post links to every opening (is there a wiki page that tells what every opening is?) that way we can all accurately post our lists.

Acid08

Banned
Daaaaaaamn!

Lightning isn't even effective toward a Rubber Man! There still like 10 episodes left though. This isn't even Eneru's final form.

Top Bottom