• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

BHK3

Banned
I stopped watching One Piece before the time skip to give myself a break and probably shouldn't have read this spoiler but... SERIOUSLY?!?!

It's official, NO ONE dies in One Piece. EVER

Lol he was never dead, Dofla even talked to him which was the last time we saw it, he told him something along the lines "go do what you want, just not under my flag". Luffy knocked him out, didn't kill him.

Was that picture in the OP always there?

Last edited by grandjedi6; Today at 10:44 PM

ivankov's got in trouble because of some pictures and jimbei's died. mihawks original VA died as well. ;_;

Meh, he had like 5 lines in the whole series

Drago

Lol he was never dead, Dofla even talked to him which was the last time we saw it, he told him something along the lines "go do what you want, just not under my flag". Luffy knocked him out, didn't kill him.

Last time we saw him, I thought se saw Dofla commanding one of his crewmates to kill him after disappointing him or something along the lines of that? They certainly made it seem like he was killed off

Don't forget about
Bellamy showing up! Guess he didn't die after all.

I forgot about that. He only showed up for like 1 page so I didn't really notice it was a critical event like the others. I need to look at the episode that he showed up again, because i forgot his role in One Piece.

There were 3 cups on Ace's grave. Oda confirmed it does indeed mean "he" is alive.

I never heard about that, I need to look this up. Though I kinda always knew
he was alive because if I know anime they never show a past character that meant something to the MC just for them to die. Also that moment that Dragon said he picked up something, I knew he was alive.

Manga stuff. Don't read if you aren't caught up.

I really hope Ace's fruit doesn't "join" the Straw Hats. I guess if they were just in possession it would be fine but I really don't want any of the members to eat it. Maybe if this new Rebecca person gets it but isn't invited to join and doesn't want to join could be fun. Basically, I personally think it's just plain dumb to get this fruit in the crew.

Kokonoe

Banned
yes......yessssss.....

1Te4NwX.png

Youve gotten pretty in the series since your last impressions. Also, I loved Amazon Lily. It was a great little arc and Hancock is hilarious with Luffy.

Yeah, I've been trying to complete all the of the anime then the manga so I cannot be spoiled anymore and participate in the thread better.

Yeah, that arc was great, it made it better because it was just Luffy there and his obliviousness.

Raxus

lol love that edit

Heh it is hilarious how he goes to 'man this guy is so weird' to 'OMG GET OUT YOU GUYS' in the span of 2 minutes. Don't fuck with admirals.
Manga stuff. Don't read if you aren't caught up.

I really hope Ace's fruit doesn't "join" the Straw Hats. I guess if they were just in possession it would be fine but I really don't want any of the members to eat it. Maybe if this new Rebecca person gets it but isn't invited to join and doesn't want to join could be fun. Basically, I personally think it's just plain dumb to get this fruit in the crew.
Judging by the way the arc is going (SPOILER)
I think it is a safe bet the fruit is one of the fakes we have been hearing about. Plus another devil fruit eater on the crew is not needed. Jimbei or another girl seem like perfect fits.

CrazyDude

yes......yessssss.....

1Te4NwX.png

Yeah, I've been trying to complete all the of the anime then the manga so I cannot be spoiled anymore and participate in the thread better.

Yeah, that arc was great, it made it better because it was just Luffy there and his obliviousness.

Reminded me of one of my favorite parts of thriller arc

tumblr_m8e39rRgZ71r2bu2ro1_500.jpg

Meelow

Banned
On Episode 117

Love opening 3 since I could hear all of it.

And Usopp fighting Mrs. Merry Christmas lol, Usopp is tougher than I thought.

And Nami's new weapon looks awesome :D

...I did spoil myself a little bit though, I heard about the two year separation that happens... I wish I didn't read it on a site :( lol.

Meelow

Banned
Well then how about...you know spoilering that last part lol.

Not spoiling anything else lol.

Noticed that the Funimation version of One Piece ends on Episode 263 in May until Season 5 (264-336) releases in late summer, I can't wait that long to watch it again so I guess I'm just going to have to finish on Episode 263 and switch over to the subbed version, I usually hate switching to English to Japanese half way through (did it with Zatch Bell and stopped watching it), but I do enjoy the movies and that's subbed so I guess I will be able to handle the switch, and I guess in Late Summer when Season 5 releases I could re watch the episodes.

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
Well I've watched a lot of One Piece over the weekend! Just finished 418, very funny ep. Oh and Sanji would have been dead in 2 minutes on Amazon Lily.

Evenball

Not spoiling anything else lol.

Noticed that the Funimation version of One Piece ends on Episode 263 in May until Season 5 (264-336) releases in late summer, I can't wait that long to watch it again so I guess I'm just going to have to finish on Episode 263 and switch over to the subbed version, I usually hate switching to English to Japanese half way through (did it with Zatch Bell and stopped watching it), but I do enjoy the movies and that's subbed so I guess I will be able to handle the switch, and I guess in Late Summer when Season 5 releases I could re watch the episodes.

That reminds me, I need to get caught up on the movies again. I've only seen 1-6 so far. The even numbered ones were the best.

Also you may wanna watch the OVA if you want to see something interesting. I think there's 2 OVA'a. have only seen the first, which pre-dated the TV series.

edit: Oh I see the 2nd OVA is a retelling of One Piece Chapter 0 and it came out in 2008

Meelow

Banned
That reminds me, I need to get caught up on the movies again. I've only seen 1-6 so far. The even numbered ones were the best.

Also you may wanna watch the OVA if you want to see something interesting. I think there's 2 OVA'a. have only seen the first, which pre-dated the TV series.

Do you know when the OVA's exactly take place?

I know there is Episode 0 and Episode Nami as well.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Fun fact: The first One Piece OVA "Defeat Him! The Pirate Ganzack" is the only One Piece related material to have legendary voice actor Norio Wakamoto in it, as the title character.

I really hope they get Wakamoto in a role in the canon story.

Meelow

Banned
Just finished the OVA 1, it's amazing how much Nami has changed, forgot she used to love treasure like no other (made sense since she was trying to save her island), now she hardly talks about it.

Anyway's, it was a nice filler, wished though I watched it before they got to Usopp's island lol.

Edit: Looked up OVA 2, it's just a overview about what happens during the seasons.

789shadow

Banned
Fun fact: The first One Piece OVA "Defeat Him! The Pirate Ganzack" is the only One Piece related material to have legendary voice actor Norio Wakamoto in it, as the title character.

I really hope they get Wakamoto in a role in the canon story.
I really hope
Kaido
is a good fit for him. You can't not have Norio Wakamoto in One Piece.

Evenball

Just finished the OVA 1, it's amazing how much Nami has changed, forgot she used to love treasure like no other (made sense since she was trying to save her island), now she hardly talks about it.

That personality trait is not gone. You will be seeing it again.

Living through you vicariously, Meelow.

I wish I could erase all my memories of One Piece and start the whole thing fresh right now. :) Such a great ride.

Meelow

Banned
That personality trait is not gone. You will be seeing it again.

Knew it was too good to be true lol.

Living through you vicariously, Meelow.

I wish I could erase all my memories of One Piece and start the whole thing fresh right now. :) Such a great ride.

*high fives*

Really glad the show has almost 600 episodes and counting, if Pokemon can reach up to almost 800 episodes, One Piece can too me thinks:D.

Treb

Oh man watching Usopp getting all beat up and crying over the lost money was painful for me as well.

All the feels throughout the arc. Amazing!

Acid08

Banned
The raid was so satisfying. Weak ass Franky Family.

Going Merry(in its current form) is going to be done by the end of this arc :(

Top Bottom