• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

I'm not really new, I started like 5 or 6 years ago but just sort of stopped halfway through Thriller Bark. Dunno why I stopped or why I decided to pick it back up again a few days ago. Totally hooked on it again now though.
Getting hooked is something easily done when this series is involved. :p

It has been bothering me all day guys. Usopp
just fucking flipping out and leaving. Robin also said her goodbye in the last episode I watched. Shit got bad for everyone before but this feels totally hopeless. At least they had each other before :'(. I'm fully in the "fuck usopp" camp though, dude was a super baby about the whole thing and escalated it though. His redemption better be fucking sweet.

#teamluffy
Oh, don't worry.
His comeback
is glorious.

Jigolo

Water7/Enies Lobby was the first OP arc that made me say this was the best shonen out there. The arc is incredible.

Acid do you have an update on what episode you're on?

Getting Oh, don't worry.
His comeback
is glorious.

It's fantastic.

Inspired by this thread, I watched a video on Youtube when
Sogeking burnt down the World Government flag, and Robin tearfully screamed out "I want to live! Please take me out to sea with you!"

Every fucking time. My feels. I had to struggle to hold back those tears.

Enies Lobby is BEST.

Acid08

Banned
Water7/Enies Lobby was the first OP arc that made me say this was the best shonen out there. The arc is incredible.

Acid do you have an update on what episode you're on?
The last episode I saw was where Sanji and Chopper found Robin and she said goodbye to them. Straw Hats got framed for the assassination attempt on Iceberg who is totally being a dick about the whole thing. Franky got properly introduced too and he's pretty awesome.

FYC

Banned
There's so many new people watching the series lately! What made most of you want to watch it now? Looming Toonami broadcast?

Started it a few months ago, but have had it on hold at the end of Drum Island for some reason. I'm a shounen addict so I'm sure it's essential I get caught up on this and then Hunter x Hunter.

Meelow

Banned
So I was kinda curious to see if Luffy will ask more people to join the crew, I know that right now there are 9 members (including Luffy) at the part you guys are on, and I saw some names I shouldn't know of yet,
but I read that Eichiro Oda said that "the next member that will join the strawhats will be a girl."

What do you think? (please no spoilers).

789shadow

Banned
So I was kinda curious to see if Luffy will ask more people to join the crew, I know that right now there are 9 members (including Luffy), and I saw some names I shouldn't know of yet, but I read that Eichiro Oda said that the next member that will join the strawhats will be a girl.

What do you think? (please no spoilers).
Citation needed.

Acid08

Banned
There's so many new people watching the series lately! What made most of you want to watch it now? Looming Toonami broadcast?
Had heard of it before, I like pirate stuff too. Never thought much of it until I saw it was on Hulu and decided to try it out.

I couldn't get into other Jump stuff like Naruto so I just never have this a chance.

smurfx

get some go again
i've been saying bonney will join since she first appeared. its one of my grand predictions over at the arlong park forums. it will be glorious if i'm right.

i've been saying bonney will join since she first appeared. its one of my grand predictions over at the arlong park forums. it will be glorious if i'm right.

I dunno, Bonney has her own crew. I do hope that the next Strawhat is a female, but I hope she's one that isn't super serious. I want someone more wacky and eccentric that will go along more with Luffy's shenanigans.

I've given up on
Hancock
joining for obvious reasons, but she would have had a hilarious dynamic with the crew, especially with Sanji, Chopper and possibly Nami.

A female Logia user would be kinda neat, so I get where
Monet
for Nakama came from.

Raxus

The last episode I saw was where Sanji and Chopper found Robin and she said goodbye to them. Straw Hats got framed for the assassination attempt on Iceberg who is totally being a dick about the whole thing. Franky got properly introduced too and he's pretty awesome.

He is more than that. He is SUPER!

smurfx

get some go again
I dunno, Bonney has her own crew.
what crew? she was captured at that one island and her crew likely killed off by blackbeard or imprisoned by akainu when they got her. she was probably held for a good while before she managed to escape again.

what crew? she was captured at that one island and her crew likely killed off by blackbeard or imprisoned by akainu when they got her. she was probably held for a good while before she managed to escape again.

That's true, but considering that all Supernovas have a crew (as well as any notable pirate in the One Piece world), it's probably safe to assume that she's not flying solo.

It's One Piece though, who knows. Anything can happen.

Raxus

what crew? she was captured at that one island and her crew likely killed off by blackbeard or imprisoned by akainu when they got her. she was probably held for a good while before she managed to escape again.[/spoiler]

I rather avoid another
Robin
. Oda would not write any fights for her.
Jinbei and Sabo make sense

Korosenai

what crew? she was captured at that one island and her crew likely killed off by blackbeard or imprisoned by akainu when they got her. she was probably held for a good while before she managed to escape again.[/spoiler]

I don't get the whole Bonney for Strawhat thing. Did I miss something with her? She's obviously an important character because she keeps popping up, and Akainu seemed excited to see her, but what makes everyone think she's gonna be a Strawhat?

Meelow

Banned
Also I'm on episode 123, really like Nami's new weapon and I'm not going to lie, I laughed when she did magic tricks with it, and
I knew from a mile away that you would have to use water to have a chance to hit Crocodile, it just made too much sense to do it since he made sure to remove all the rain and any possible water way on Alabasta.

And Robin's past in unveiling and I could tell it will probably be the saddest back story yet from what the marine said about her :(

Also if I was were you guys were I'd be speculating too :( lol, but since I most likely have no idea who the next crew member is and you guys do, I will let you guys do the speculating :D lol.

I just can't see anyone other than
Jinbe and Sabo
joining the crew in the rest of the series.

I don't understand why anyone cares about
Sabo
so much. I found him dull and uninteresting, even after
his background was revealed

Most of One Piece's characters really resonate with me, but I just don't care about that guy. :/

smurfx

get some go again
I don't get the whole Bonney for Strawhat thing. Did I miss something with her? She's obviously an important character because she keeps popping up, and Akainu seemed excited to see her, but what makes everyone think she's gonna be a Strawhat?
who has been mentioning her as a potential crew mate? i thought i was one of the very few cheering her on.

Korosenai

who has been mentioning her as a potential crew mate? i thought i was one of the very few cheering her on.

I just see it here and there online and was just curious. Not sure where, but this is like the 5th or 6th time i've seen it mentioned and was just wondering.

Acid08

Banned
Holy fuck
these CP9 guys are tough. LOL at Luffy being stuck in between the buildings.

I like how they switched up the intros to have some new stuff before they start.

Acid08

Banned
Love how many people have plans for others to fall into in this arc.

You feel into my plan!

You've fallen into my plan by me falling into your plan!

*random person jumps in* YOU HAVE BOTH FALLEN INTO MY ULTRA PLAN

I'm actually glad other people care or even remember Bonney. I always thought that she would be a good candidate for the strawhats, since her fruit ability would surely cause some laughs.
Not only that but she seemed to have some history with Whitebeard because if i remember correctly she cried when he died.

If she joins the strawhats my Strawhats dream team would be complete.
I also want Aokiji to join but that's WAY out of place and isn't gonna happen.
It's just funny to think of him with the strawhats as a regular guy.

Soriku

Love how many people have plans for others to fall into in this arc.

You feel into my plan!

You've fallen into my plan by me falling into your plan!

*random person jumps in* YOU HAVE BOTH FALLEN INTO MY ULTRA PLAN

th_ilvcztjpg.png

Acid08

Banned
FUCK THE GOVERNMENT

Interesting that these guys all seem to have the same powers. Kalifa specializes in kicking, you'd think her and Sanji would have a showdown but he can't kick girls. Also a fucking leopard?????? What the hell is with this show

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
FUCK THE GOVERNMENT

Interesting that these guys all seem to have the same powers. Kalifa specializes in kicking, you'd think her and Sanji would have a showdown but he can't kick girls. Also a fucking leopard?????? What the hell is with this show

You haven't seen everything yet.
Nor have you seen the wierdest animal transformation in the arc.

You are heading into flashback territory, but it's worth watching.

Oh, and Klabautermann!

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I don't understand why anyone cares about
Sabo
so much. I found him dull and uninteresting, even after
his background was revealed

Most of One Piece's characters really resonate with me, but I just don't care about that guy. :/

Is it wrong I think Sabo is gonna end up being a big bad down the line.... like what if he is the one being groomed to run the world government or something like that? It would be amazing to see Luffy have to come to terms with fighting someone he thought of as a nakama to end it all

smurfx

get some go again
Is it wrong I think Sabo is gonna end up being a big bad down the line.... like what if he is the one being groomed to run the world government or something like that?
nah he won't be a bad guy. he's probably a revolutionary and might even end up taking over for dragon if he is killed off later on in the series. i prefer this than having him join the crew.

Is it wrong I think Sabo is gonna end up being a big bad down the line.... like what if he is the one being groomed to run the world government or something like that? It would be amazing to see Luffy have to come to terms with fighting someone he thought of as a nakama to end it all

I'd care much, much more if something like this happened.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
nah he won't be a bad guy. he's probably a revolutionary and might even end up taking over for dragon if he is killed off later on in the series. i prefer this than having him join the crew.

That would be cool as well. I just don't see him joining the crew.

Kokonoe

Banned
I have a spoilerish quest, is the manga close to finding out these things?

What happened in the Void Century.

Dr. Vegapunk appearance.

I have a spoilerish quest, is the manga close to finding out these things?

What happened in the Void Century.

Dr. Vegapunk appearance.

The first one is probably something we won't know until the very end. The second one has kind of been teased recently but we're probably still a ways off from that.

Top Bottom