• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Tenrius

Speaking of endings, doesn't anybody else like Shouchi no Suke (couldn't find it with Englihsh subs)? Such a badass song which works very well with the video.

Showing naked Robin and spoiling Crocodile's face during Drum Island was a strange idea though.

No, I am asking what day do new episodes usually come out?

Well, it airs at the same time as Detective Conan, which is primetime on Saturday nights, I think.

Speaking of endings, doesn't anybody else like Shouchi no Suke (couldn't find it with Englihsh subs)? Such a badass song which works very well with the video.

Showing naked Robin and spoiling Crocodile's face during Drum Island was a strange idea though.

One of my favorites, though my favorite ending is definitely Asu wa Kuru Kara, which also prominently features Robin lol.

Pfff this is hard

1. Brand New World
2. Fight Together
3. We Are (Remix)

or something like that?

A Top 5 would be easier:

Brand New World
Fight Together
We Are (Remix)
Hikari E
Bon Voyage

I like the way this guy thinks.

Kokonoe

Banned
Kokoro No Chizu is just too much like every other anime opening I've heard so I really didn't get into it. Same with Fight Together. Well, to be honest a lot of the One Piece songs are like that.

We Are is my second favorite, preferably the dub and the remix one.

Akito

One Piece x Toriko x Dragon Ball Z Crossover
It was alright I guess. Goku's Japanese voice still sucks, on the other hand it was amusing to hear Luffy speak right after Krillin, it's a shame the latter had like one line during the whole thing. They tried to cram to many characters into this so most of them were only running around doing nothing. Mr. Satan is still the best character.
I call bullshit on Luffy and Toriko being able to fight toe-on-toe with Goku though.

Jigolo

It was alright I guess. Goku's Japanese voice still sucks, on the other hand it was amusing to hear Luffy speak right after Krillin, it's a shame the latter had like one line during the whole thing. They tried to cram to many characters into this so most of them were only running around doing nothing. Mr. Satan is still the best character.
I call bullshit on Luffy and Toriko being able to fight toe-on-toe with Goku though.

Yeah they powered down all of the Z warriors but the episode was just for fun.

But yeah, I'm so hyped right now. SO HYPED...

After reading the most recent chapter and taking in the previous 6-7 chapters, Dressrosa arc is shaping up to be one of the best arc of the whole series. This arc is set up for pure epicness, let's hope Oda doesn't fuck it up. He rarely does, but shit, there are so many things going on at one time right now and so many characters involved that it's bound to be mediocre somewhere. Lets hope not. Joker, Ace fruit, Burgess, new Admiral, CP0, Cesar, Kuzan. JEEZ.

Meelow

Banned
On episode 129.

Poor Pal :(. But I am happy that Crocodile is now beaten.

That was also a very interesting bath scene on episode 128, lol when Nami showed the crew and the (king?) her body.

And you guys are right, the only money loving Nami didn't leave lol.

And Bentham (Mr. 2) wants to be the Strawhats friends lol.

Yeah, I had the same thought too. I felt that it was bs that they could take on Goku though we know what he's capable of. Even though Luffy is my favorite character, I don't see him ever defeating Goku. However, the episode was great.

OPXDBZXToriko Special

Pretty much what I expected, it was obvious that Goku was holding back for most of the special but that is more or less in line with his character from the Android/Cell/Buu sagas so I can't get too upset. I enjoyed the "2nd" episode more because it gave everyone a chance to show off a few attacks even if most of them ended up being beaten. My only real complaint is they teased Zoro vs Zebra vs Vegeta and instead of showing us more of that fight they basically just used it for a punch line joke at the end.

My thoughts on the current manga chapter

I'm not really sure what to think anymore after reading this chapter. They showed so much twists and turns, and plus new characters. I kinda felt a little overwhelmed this chapter that i barely remember everything from it. I think the biggest reveal was that the the guy with the gravity powers and the cane was a marine. After that i can't say much about the chapter except next chapter, crap... is going to get real.

Though this chapter reminded me how much i hate when Oda splits the strawhats up. So much happened between each segment for each strawhat that I barely could keep up with who's doing what. I really hope that later on things change and Oda can find some way to keep them together. Just a little too much to keep up with sometimes.

I thought in the OP it said manga stuff to not be discussed beyond where the anime is at here?

Sorry about that I forgot to read the OP. I just saw One piece thread and thought everything One Piece could have talked about here. I just thought since most people were already talking about the manga I could join in too.

I'll edit my post.

Collaboration: Toriko x One Piece x Dragonball Z special
tumblr_ml13jhdfHn1qfbz1so1_500.gif

A few odd faces in the toriko segment but then second half made up for it with great fight scene, though oddly hilarious that after the fight scene the last few minutes was basically a picture drama, characters talk over a single image...First half was just not all that great or special/anything to write home about and was just largely based on trying to figure out in which world would say Zoro or Zebra be able to be strong enough to fight Vegeta or that Toriko would somehow be able to stand against Goku's abilities...Oh and the outcome was just not good
predictable that Mr. Satan would stand, no way the anime would try to imply who was stronger

Probably in the minority of dbz fandom, but Goten and Trunks are my favorite and their whole moments was excellent Gotenks in both moments utterly hilarious.

Fun. Oh also DBZ voice actors are atrocious, feel bad for people who had to watch the entire anime with them, Goku sounds like a seasoned citizen lady and a complete mismatch for the role, Gohan sounds like Goku so thats even more of a mismatch, Kuririn = Luffy?

Verelios

My thoughts on the current manga chapter

I'm not really sure what to think anymore after reading this chapter. They showed so much twists and turns, and plus new characters. I kinda felt a little overwhelmed this chapter that i barely remember everything from it. I think the biggest reveal was that the the guy with the gravity powers and the cane was a marine. After that i can't say much about the chapter except next chapter, crap... is going to get real.

Though this chapter reminded me how much i hate when Oda splits the strawhats up. So much happened between each segment for each strawhat that I barely could keep up with who's doing what. I really hope that later on things change and Oda can find some way to keep them together. Just a little too much to keep up with sometimes.

Really? I immediately thought he was a marine, with his strength and meeting with Luffy. Just seemed like an obvious conclusion.

What is crazy however, are the other rookies coming out, like Burgess. Man, can't wait for next chapter. Didn't really like the cliche of taken out in the corner>done back to him though. Sorry to say that I'm fucking hyped for Cp0. It gives us hope for Lucci to make a reappearance. And that would be awesome. Oh, but if we can't get that, I'm pretty happy with Sanji's sub plot.

Edit: Fuck, just saw the post above. Forget this, sorry.

Collaboration: Toriko x One Piece x Dragonball Z special
tumblr_ml13jhdfHn1qfbz1so1_500.gif

A few odd faces in the toriko segment but then second half made up for it with great fight scene, though oddly hilarious that after the fight scene the last few minutes was basically a picture drama, characters talk over a single image...First half was just not all that great or special/anything to write home about and was just largely based on trying to figure out in which world would say Zoro or Zebra be able to be strong enough to fight Vegeta or that Toriko would somehow be able to stand against Goku's abilities...Oh and the outcome was just not good
predictable that Mr. Satan would stand, no way the anime would try to imply who was stronger

Probably in the minority of dbz fandom, but Goten and Trunks are my favorite and their whole moments was excellent Gotenks in both moments utterly hilarious.

Fun. Oh also DBZ voice actors are atrocious, feel bad for people who had to watch the entire anime with them, Goku sounds like a seasoned citizen lady and a complete mismatch for the role, Gohan sounds like Goku so thats even more of a mismatch, Kuririn = Luffy?

Yeah Luffy and Krillin have the same Japanese voice actor, in the first OPxDBZ crossover they even poke fun of that fact.

Maron

It wasn't? That's a shame... They probably didn't dub any of the endings either, right? =/

Nope, Avex (who licenses the songs to Toei and FUNimation) isn't letting FUNi dub any songs ever since Season 4 started.

FUNi's still trying to let them go back to dubbed songs but they won't budge. Evidently they believe that leaving it in Japanese will be the ideal way to promote the original bands in America.

Moaradin

Nope, Avex (who licenses the songs to Toei and FUNimation) isn't letting FUNi dub any songs ever since Season 4 started.

FUNi's still trying to let them go back to dubbed songs but they won't budge. Evidently they believe that leaving it in Japanese will be the ideal way to promote the original bands in America.

That sucks =/

I'm on the second one, and while it's not nearly as good as the first one, I do like having the opening dubs. It's nice when they put the effort in dubbing them instead of slapping on the original.

Makes sense, though they should/need to let them dub We Go and the We Are remix, the former because it'll be awkward to continue to use We Are English in episodes where it appears and then not use We Go English in part 2.

Maron

Makes sense, though they should/need to let them dub We Go and the We Are remix, the former because it'll be awkward to continue to use We Are English in episodes where it appears and then not use We Go English in part 2.

Personally I don't find anything to agree with in Avex's reasoning. I mean, US fans aren't going to listen to the original and then walk into a Best Buy to get, say, Hiroshi Kitadani's newest album. And is BOY-STYLE even around anymore?

I wouldn't expect those songs to get dubbed either, if Avex was serious enough to decide pulling dubbed songs after over 200 episodes with them was a good idea, they likely won't flip flop for the sake of consistency. We're already inconsistent with the songs ever since Season 4 Part 1 came out with Episode 206 keeping the English versions of Bon Voyage and Dreamship but switching to Japanese for Map of the Heart and Eternal Pose.

Maron

That sucks =/

I'm on the second one, and while it's not nearly as good as the first one, I do like having the opening dubs. It's nice when they put the effort in dubbing them instead of slapping on the original.

I agree. At least you have Towards the Light (Opening 3) to look forward to though, that's easily a favorite for many people that have watched the dub.

Another unfortunate thing was that Ending 14 (Future Voyage) was skipped entirely.

Am I the only one who hates
Momonosuke
? I just read this week's chapter,
I just hate him with passion since he thinks he's all that important when he tells Brook and Chopper what to do
, I just need to say that lol.

DBZ x One Piece x Toriko Crossover: Personal Thoughts

Just saw the crossover and i gotta say it was the best anime crossover I've seen in years. It was funny, EXTREMELY action-packed, and was giving the Toriko, One Piece, and DBZ fans everything they wanted. I was literally on the edge of my seat during every fight in this crossover. The animation blew me away, and i don't think I've ever seen an attack as strong as the
Spirit Elephant Gatling Kugi Punch Bomb
. That was literally the strongest attack I've seen in anime ever since Goku's Super Spirit Bomb.

So on to my actual thoughts on the crossover in parts. First of all i'm glad they powered down Goku for the crossover, and still let him have a hard time while fighting the enemy. Even though I dislike Toriko this crossover literally made me very interested in Toriko because of his attacks, and personality. I thought every character in every anime mostly had a part and almost everyone had a say in the story (except support characters like Bulma, Chichi, and Ox King). Most of the jokes were funny especially if your a fan of any of the shows, also the ending had me rolling because I forgot all about what was happening until they showed it at the end.

Overall 9/10 for me.
IT WAS AWESOME!!! Just didn't like some of the Jap voices.

Question: I don't know why but Naruto (even though I don't watch it anymore) never appears in these Jump crossovers. Can anybody explain this to me? Just wondering because i just believe that if they put them in it would satisfy almost every anime fans thirst out there. The only reason I can think of is the huge cluster of anime characters it would be, or the Naruto creator doesn't have as good of a relationship to the other manga artists.

VariantX

DBZ x One Piece x Toriko Crossover: Personal Thoughts

Just saw the crossover and i gotta say it was the best anime crossover I've seen in years. It was funny, EXTREMELY action-packed, and was giving the Toriko, One Piece, and DBZ fans everything they wanted. I was literally on the edge of my seat during every fight in this crossover. The animation blew me away, and i don't think I've ever seen an attack as strong as the Spirit Elephant Gatling Kugi Punch Bomb. That was literally the strongest attack I've seen in anime ever since Goku's Super Spirit Bomb.

So on to my actual thoughts on the crossover in parts. First of all i'm glad they powered down Goku for the crossover, and still let him have a hard time while fighting the enemy. Even though I dislike Toriko this crossover literally made me very interested in Toriko because of his attacks, and personality. I thought every character in every anime mostly had a part and almost everyone had a say in the story (except support characters like Bulma, Chichi, and Ox King). Most of the jokes were funny especially if your a fan of any of the shows, also the ending had me rolling because I forgot all about what was happening until they showed it at the end.

Overall 10/10 for me.
IT WAS AWESOME!!!

Question: I don't know why but Naruto (even though I don't watch it anymore) never appears in these Jump crossovers. Can anybody explain this to me? Just wondering because i just believe that if they put them in it would satisfy almost every anime fans thirst out there. The only reason I can think of is the huge cluster of anime characters it would be, or the Naruto creator doesn't have as good of a relationship to the other manga artists.

I don't think it would fit to be honest. DB, Toriko, and OP seem way more "cartoony" than Naruto.

I don't think it would fit to be honest. DB, Toriko, and OP seem way more "cartoony" than Naruto.

True.

I only said Naruto out of all the other Shonen Jump shows because that Project Versus J game (yeah i know its just a game, and NB is in control) kinda showed me how much SJ thinks of Naruto. To me it kinda showed that they think of it in the ranks of these 3 shows because they revealed him with Luffy, Toriko, and Goku (even if a little late). Anyways i kinda just thought that his personality (if he still kinda acts the way he does in the regular Naruto) would match with the other 3 in a crossover.

Was just out of my curiosity.

Maron

True.

I only said Naruto out of all the other Shonen Jump shows because that Project Versus J game (yeah i know its just a game, and NB is in control) kinda showed me how much SJ thinks of Naruto. To me it kinda showed that they think of it in the ranks of these 3 shows because they revealed him with Luffy, Toriko, and Goku (even if a little late). Anyways i kinda just thought that his personality (if he still kinda acts the way he does in the regular Naruto) would match with the other 3 in a crossover.

Was just out of my curiosity.

Naruto is animated by a different studio. One Piece, Toriko, and Dragon Ball are all animated by Toei.

So as far as animation's concerned him being a part of those crossovers wouldn't happen. Personally I guess Oda's not the hugest fan or Naruto or simply doesn't see his world fitting with Kishi's or vice versa or else they may've tried to collab on a comic crossover already, but that's just speculation.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I want to see a One Piece and Pretty Cure crossover, because Oda mentioned that he sees Pretty Cure as the series' rival since his kids prefer it over One Piece.

We can discuss Kinemon, as he's appeared in the anime.

Top Bottom