• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Omg this fight with
Zoro and Kaku
is so dope. These devil fruit powers are crazy.

OMFG
GIRAFFE MAN LOLOLOL

That fight goes on soooooooo long, hahaha. I think it's the single longest fight in all of One Piece, at least in terms of episodes spanned.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
That fight goes on soooooooo long, hahaha. I think it's the single longest fight in all of One Piece, at least in terms of episodes spanned.

Zoro vs Kaku spans 10 episodes. But Luffy vs Lucci spans 15 episodes and is by far the longest fight.

Jaroof

Lol wtf
a sword that swallowed an elephant fruit
? That's fucking amazing.

Haha I lost it when I first saw that.

Just watched Film Z recently.
It's my favorite One Piece movie, hands down.
The animation was incredible.
I loved how the end fight played out, too.
There were some weird devil fruit powers in this movie, though..

Edit:
Yup, had to go back and rewatch the fights because of the insane animation. So gooood!

Pein

Banned
thought it was cool
UEut6Fo.jpg

Enies lobby: It was mistake to rewatch
merry's funeral episode last night. Damn I was crying like baby despite that I had seen that episode several times before. Dat voice.

Enies lobby: It was mistake to rewatch
merry's funeral episode last night. Damn I was crying like baby despite that I had seen that episode several times before. Dat voice.

Sometimes when I need more emotions in my life I put the final stretch of Enies Lobby, no human can hold all those emotions

Rewatched the Z Film

Guys when I got to that scene where Usopp made his opinion vocal to Robin. I just can't stop laughing, ahahaha. That's not something you tell a lady young man....ahaha

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I want to see Film Z so badly. I've seen some misc. pictures here and there, and Z (the character) looks awesome.

Jaroof

Anyone try out One Piece Musou? is it good?

Great game, imo.
Lots of fun, looks pretty good, and is surprisingly deep.
By deep, I mean that it gives you lots of characters from One Piece, each with their own movesets (which are all from the show), collectibles that you can apply to each character to improve their stats, leveling, and move unlocks...
It's a pretty well put-together game. I spent a lot of time playing it.
Plus, you can play it coop! Well, the secondary mode, anyway.

I can't wait for the sequel. August is so far away, though :(

Kokonoe

Banned
It's a musou game with One piece characters, it's fun but feels rough around the edges. Might want to wait for opm2 looks a lot better

Well I love me some musou, especially DWG3.

i love kaizoku musou

Wait for 2, though. Might as well, right? It's better and doesn't have tacked on stuff like platforming and QTEs. I'm 60 hours into KM2 and not really bored of it. Although I do love One Piece soooo much.

I just realized this game is only on PS3 so I guess waiting would be the best option since that'll give me time to get the PS3 before release, but yeah Musou may be a repetitive style game but I can't get enough.

Great game, imo.
Lots of fun, looks pretty good, and is surprisingly deep.
By deep, I mean that it gives you lots of characters from One Piece, each with their own movesets (which are all from the show), collectibles that you can apply to each character to improve their stats, leveling, and move unlocks...
It's a pretty well put-together game. I spent a lot of time playing it.
Plus, you can play it coop! Well, the secondary mode, anyway.

I can't wait for the sequel. August is so far away, though :(

That's good to know. I'm guessing Gear Second for Luffy is like a buff?

Acid08

Banned
294 & 295

Kalifa's powers are creeeeeeeepy. Luffy is obviously pretty outmatched by Lucci right now. Also holy shit Spanda is so fucking dumb. FUCKING BUSTER CALL COMING OMG STAKES IS HIGH. Can't wait to see someone, hopefully Franky, beat the shit out of Spandam. Dude hits Robin so much, he threw her down the stairs like 5 fucking times! Also idk what it was but in a couple scenes it looked like they made Robin's boobs way more noticeable.

294 & 295

Kalifa's powers are creeeeeeeepy. Luffy is obviously pretty outmatched by Lucci right now. Also holy shit Spanda is so fucking dumb. FUCKING BUSTER CALL COMING OMG STAKES IS HIGH. Can't wait to see someone, hopefully Franky, beat the shit out of Spandam. Dude hits Robin so much, he threw her down the stairs like 5 fucking times! Also idk what it was but in a couple scenes it looked like they made Robin's boobs way more noticeable.

The boobs will only get bigger as the series goes on -_-

Acid08

Banned
296 & 297

Nami can take out CP9 members and Usopp can't do shit :lol. Dude is so pathetic. Kind of makes me sad. The way Nami beat Kalifa was awesome though. Wondering what Luffy is going to do to finally get a hit on Lucci. I'm guessing Franky is going to burst in and they'll get an opportunity to do something.

Ifrit

296 & 297

Nami can take out CP9 members and Usopp can't do shit :lol. Dude is so pathetic. Kind of makes me sad. The way Nami beat Kalifa was awesome though. Wondering what Luffy is going to do to finally get a hit on Lucci. I'm guessing Franky is going to burst in and they'll get an opportunity to do something.

Keep watching

Diablos54

296 & 297

Oh man, please keep going, you'll understand when it happens. :p

This reminds me, I'm at the start of this arc in my rewatch, I really should get back to that at some point...

Acid08

Banned
297-301

Holy shit Zoro vs Kaku is finally fucking over!!!!! Was a great conclusion though, Asura power was cool. Where the fuck did that come from though. Love how everyone continually pulls all these new attacks out of their ass. Like Sanji's devil leg, wtf was that? Shit took down the wolf guy in two damn kicks. Then Usopp finally does something, dat shooting. That was actually really fucking cool. Franky is so legit too that guy needs to join the crew. And of course ROBIN IS FREE!!!!!! Loved watching her slap the shit out of Spandam. I feel like Luffy is about to get his shit rocked by Lucci. His second gear form is rad though.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
297-301

Holy shit Zoro vs Kaku is finally fucking over!!!!! Was a great conclusion though, Asura power was cool. Where the fuck did that come from though. Love how everyone continually pulls all these new attacks out of their ass. Like Sanji's devil leg, wtf was that? Shit took down the wolf guy in two damn kicks. Then Usopp finally does something, dat shooting. That was actually really fucking cool. Franky is so legit too that guy needs to join the crew. And of course ROBIN IS FREE!!!!!! Loved watching her slap the shit out of Spandam. I feel like Luffy is about to get his shit rocked by Lucci. His second gear form is rad though.

If you thought that fight was long the last one is probably the longest in the series. Shit's about to get even realer for you bro.

Acid08

Banned
If you thought that fight was long the last one is probably the longest in the series. Shit's about to get even realer for you bro.
Its not even the length that was a problem it was that the fight didn't really keep up an enjoyable face. Lots of talking with sporadic fighting.

Its not even the length that was a problem it was that the fight didn't really keep up an enjoyable face. Lots of talking with sporadic fighting.

It didn't help that the Zoro v Kaku fight kept getting interrupted by everything from Usopp and Jabra shenanigans to all the other fights getting laced though out the whole thing. Zoro vs Kaku when you edit out all the BS is an awesome fight that has waaaaaaaaaaay too many interruptions.

Raxus

Most of the Zoro's fight is joking. If you don't find it funny then it can really drag. I thought it was great though.
Keep in mind most of the Straw Hat attacks are learned from a specific source. Luffy's Gears were learned from Luffy fighting CP9, Nami and Usopp get stronger weapons thank to Skypia, Chopper's was a fluke from him experimenting with the wavelength of his Devil Fruit.

That said I have no clue where Sanji and Zoro got their techniques. Probably the only two instances where the characters get last minute powerups for no reason. It's the only instance in the series this happens so I gave it a pass. Plus they are awesome techniques

Acid08

Banned
Most of the Zoro's fight is joking. If you don't find it funny then it can really drag. I thought it was great though.
Keep in mind most of the Straw Hat attacks are learned from a specific source. Luffy's Gears were learned from Luffy fighting CP9, Nami and Usopp get stronger weapons thank to Skypia, Chopper's was a fluke from him experimenting with the wavelength of his Devil Fruit.

That said I have no clue where Sanji and Zoro got their techniques. Probably the only two instances where the characters get last minute powerups for no reason. It's the only instance in the series this happens so I gave it a pass. Plus they are awesome techniques

I must have totally missed where Luffy learned the
gear stuff. That seemed to come out of nowhere.

And yeah I thought the Zoro fight was funny, especially
Kaku's giraffe form and everyone in fighting with each other
. Just thought it was poorly paced. The conclusion was super amazing though.

Piers

Not sure if it is ever 'officially' explained how Luffy discovered and developed his Gear techniques. There was a movie dropping a quick suggestion of it, but then movies are typically written out of continuity context.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

No one really see the point where he comes up with it unless it's pointed out, he thinks of it off screen and just remarks he's got a new trick to try.

And yeah I thought the Zoro fight was funny, especially
Kaku's giraffe form and everyone in fighting with each other
. Just thought it was poorly paced. The conclusion was super amazing though.

It actually DID come out of nowhere afaik. Only mention of it is when
on the train, he says something like ''I want to try some new techniques''
. That's it.

The pacing is a problem throughout the entire series, unfortunately. It's mostly because the anime has necessarily to go slower than the manga, because the recap movies, from what I've seen, have great pacing.

Meelow

Banned
People are getting copies of Season 4 Volume 5 now (including me). Sogeking is translated to Sniper King (oh well). Here's Funimation's take on the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L6fAXeBnY8

I clicked this video not knowing what I will see and I haven't heard Franky's Funimation voice yet and I thought the voice Usopp was doing was Franky's voice, I was about to say I didn't like it at all lol.

P.S Opening 4's song is nice, and A-Z is really good.

Top Bottom