• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Steroyd

508 -
Franky you're an idiot

nVqZfCf.gif

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
No way that happens.

1) There were pirates before One Piece, there'll be pirates after.

2) The only reason One Piece exists is because Roger needed to motivate someone to travel the world, find out the true history and actually do something with that information.

Here is my theory if anyone cares to read it....

I sometimes think
one piece is just the fact the world consisted of one continent and the world nobles split it into all the island (possibly when they were going to be overthrown) so as to make it easier to control people (IE divide to conquer) the legendary weapons we're what was used to overthrow them and the ark is what people lived on as the world was being split apart from one piece

That I feel is the best theory on why the world government is so scared of people know what they did it would be the greatest crime in history.

upandaway

Franky's hair was a bit weird when he was mostly buzzcut + randomly changing it, but it's now awesome because it's basically a new consistent haircut every arc (best idea ever). I still like Ace Ventura hair the most (because in the end, it IS Franky to me), but I wouldn't go back to it.

More characters need to change their haircuts once an arc, like they sometimes do with clothes. It's really neat.

Firestorm

Yeah the first 2 Color Walks have been released in the US. Color Walk 1 is out of print sadly. I only have Color Walk 2 and it's simply gorgeous. I love flipping the through the pages and the quality is superb. If you are from the US (or want to import the English version), I'd recommend purchasing the artbook before it goes out of
Is it just the English version that's out of print? I was in Japan last week and picked up a copy of Colour Walk 1 because I wasn't sure if we ever got it or not and it seemed like a nice souvenir. Only one store had it though.

SykoTech

Uh, holy shit. What an awesome end to the fight.

Crocodile might be my favorite villain in a shounen ever. He's just fucking evil. I love him so much.

Luffy
using his own blood to finish it
was a stroke of writing genius.

And yeah. Despite all the awesome villains OP has, Crocodile is probably still my favorite. Can't wait to play for him in Pirate Warriors 2.

Soriku

Luffy
using his own blood to finish it
was a stroke of writing genius.

And yeah. Despite all the awesome villains OP has, Crocodile is probably still my favorite. Can't wait to play for him in Pirate Warriors 2.

Well, he is a pimp.

I have to say I think I like him and Arlong the most out of all major One Piece villains. Arlong for the dick factor during that arc, and Crocodile for the same reason but because he's just a gangster too.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Two-handed Crocodile is one of my favorite Toei animation mistakes.

Two-armed Shanks is pretty high up the list, though, as is the multiple Zoros instance.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Two-armed Shanks is pretty high up the list, though, as is the multiple Zoros instance.

One of my favorites is this really odd looking shot of Luffy's face in the second Toriko crossover. I'm not sure where to find it though.

Soriku

So pimp, people don't realize that his hook arm is just there for show.

lol I didn't even realize that when posting the picture. How does he light his cig in the manga? :p

Also, what did they do with Zoro?

Never heard or seen any of those, but it sounds embarrassing how they could mess that up.

I also agree on Crocodile being awesome. I think Blackbeard is a great villain too. Currently catching up on the resent events; I haven't heard much of what Blackbeard had been doing for the past two years.

Korosenai

Zoro ate the clone clone fruit. That's how he's able to use Asura. It also explains why there are two of him during the Davy Back Fight. He just let his guard down then because it was filler.

It's not the changing hair I have a problem with, it's him being bald all the time, or the girly hair. If he consistently had crazy different styles I'd probably enjoy it a lot more.
Well, in Pirate Warriors 2, you can change his hair and one of the styles is
an amazing mohawk that's super tall
. I kinda hope he uses that sometime.

576 -
Oh, so giants can also eat devil fruits? Surprised that's never been in before (as far as I can remember). A giant with a useful fruit could be an incredible force. But really, mini-mini fruit? I wonder if this is filler or not. I also never thought about it, but didn't Luffy master Haki? It's weird but sometimes it's as if he can predict enemy attacks with ease and other times it's like he completely forgot about Haki, as in this episode.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to say -
The villains laugh is hilarious.

576 -
Oh, so giants can also eat devil fruits? Surprised that's never been in before (as far as I can remember). A giant with a useful fruit could be an incredible force. But really, mini-mini fruit? I wonder if this is filler or not. I also never thought about it, but didn't Luffy master Haki? It's weird but sometimes it's as if he can predict enemy attacks with ease and other times it's like he completely forgot about Haki, as in this episode.

That's filler, it's like little east blue arc it's just an advertisement for film z

Meelow

Banned
On episode 204, the marine base is a nice place to be after a whole series of Skypiea, mixed with both fighting and calm but awesome moments, I love when they are talking about the next episode and Zoro and Usopp steal Luffy's part lol, and LOL when Sanji was trying to get Zoro and Usopp out of the jail.

Also they were talking about getting a shipwright to join the crew, I'm guessing I know who that is
Franky

Excited about it.

Edit: On episode 207, when Luffy pulled the octopus out of his pants I couldn't stop laughing, most awkwardest place to put something, also Opening 5 song is catchy and I could see the art style got upgraded, and Franky's name.

Wait, hold on. There are more Foxy arcs in the anime?

Haha, I keep getting revelations. I've only read the manga up until like a week ago. There seems to be so much filler in the anime.

Wait, hold on. There are more Foxy arcs in the anime?

Haha, I keep getting revelations. I've only read the manga up until like a week ago. There seems to be so much filler in the anime.

Yeah he gets not only 3 more Davy back games in his own arc, he gets a foxy returns arc and the spa island arc to appear again. It's pretty painful all the way around

578 -
What the hell is this shit? Why is Luffy so weak all of a sudden. His attacks do nothing and he gets defeated in one hit. So much for spending two years to become powerful. And Zoro and Sanji just watch and do nothing! Then Luffy becomes a giant. This is ridiculous! I hope it'll get better soon.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
578 -
What the hell is this shit? Why is Luffy so weak all of a sudden. His attacks do nothing and he gets defeated in one hit. So much for spending two years to become powerful. And Zoro and Sanji just watch and do nothing! Then Luffy becomes a giant. This is ridiculous! I hope it'll get better soon.

Filler, just ignore it.

Top Bottom