• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

579 -
It got more interesting now. They just entered a burning island. This is the Punk Hazard arc, right? This isn't filler, right? If it is, then at least it's way more interesting than that stupid arc before it. On a not-so-serious note, I really think Smoker should drop the sunglasses. They don't work for him at all.

Raxus

579 -
It got more interesting now. They just entered a burning island. This is the Punk Hazard arc, right? This isn't filler, right? If it is, then at least it's way more interesting then that stupid arc before it. On a not-so-serious note, I really think Smoker should drop the sunglasses. They don't work for him at all.

Yes. Yes it is. He does (I think).

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
579 -
It got more interesting now. They just entered a burning island. This is the Punk Hazard arc, right? This isn't filler, right? If it is, then at least it's way more interesting than that stupid arc before it. On a not-so-serious note, I really think Smoker should drop the sunglasses. They don't work for him at all.

Yeah, in the manga
the whales bring the Straw Hats up right into that sea of fire around Punk Hazard during their entry into the New World

Kokonoe

Banned
This is such a dramatic change, kind of disturbing all the female designs get turned to this or are this in this series tbh. Reminds me of Soul Calibur.

RcirvyO.png

Ignoring the cigar since that's you know who.

Soriku

This is such a dramatic change, kind of disturbing all the female designs get turned to this or are this in this series tbh. Reminds me of Soul Calibur.

RcirvyO.png

It's because Smoker doesn't give a fuck.

Korosenai

RcirvyO.png

It's even worse with Robin for me. She looks so weird now. Robin during Water 7 was the best.

Ratrat

RcirvyO.png

Sorry. Haven't been following the manga or anime in a long time, so what is this?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
For context, this is what post-timeskip Tashigi looks like
without having swapped bodies with Smoker

Her breasts are noticeably bigger, but she's much more modest. Unlike
Smoker who hates shirts

It's even worse with Robin for me. She looks so weird now. Robin during Water 7 was the best.

Robin had fairly big breast during water 7 if i remember right .
While breast get bigger in the manga , the anime takes it to a whole new level .
All females in the anime get up size with Nami being the worst .

Korosenai

While breast get bigger in the manga , the anime take it to a whole new level .

I think she was fine at Water 7, but then got worse at Enies Lobby. I don't really remember though.

BatDan

While breast get bigger in the manga , the anime takes it to a whole new level .

Movie 7 is by far the worst offender of this. Nami doesn't even move and her breasts bounce.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Oda forgot how to draw females somewhere around Thriller Bark. His sad fixation on stick women with gigantic beachball tits is especially painful because there's still a ridiculous amount of diversity in his male designs--just look at the current manga arc:
every named character in the tournament is distinctive in some way or another, but Rebecca is Nami in bikini armor

I haven't followed the anime in two years or so, so how is the Punk Hazard adaptation so far? Anything notable?

Movie 7 is by far the worst offender of this. Nami doesn't even move and her breasts bounce.

This is so true still i get to the point where it don't even bother me anymore and all i do is laugh at it .

Oda forgot how to draw females somewhere around Thriller Bark. His sad fixation on stick women with gigantic beachball tits is especially painful because there's still a ridiculous amount of diversity in his male designs--just look at the current manga arc:
every named character in the tournament is distinctive in some way or another, but Rebecca is Nami in bikini armor

I haven't followed the anime in two years or so, so how is the Punk Hazard adaptation so far? Anything notable?

Has to be the lack of seeing his wife is the cause of bigger breast .
As for PH the arc alright but with the anime 1:1 with the manga the pacing not that great like usual .

BatDan

Caesar's voice is amazing. It helps they got the voice of Freeza to do it.

Meelow

Banned
There's supposed to be a new opening. It airs on Japanese TV too.
But due to issues, Funimation can't get it. It's stupid...

I go on this site to see when the next opening and ending are, and It says "We Go" starts on 516 so Funimation can dub it or use it? It's going to take awhile for Funimation to get to 592 and I'm watching the English version of One Piece (Funimation) and right now it's on 253 and soon to 263 and will air 264-336 in the Summer time and also dub the move Strong World, but does this mean instead of going to opening 16 it will have opening 15 for about 100+ episodes?

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/One_Piece_Music

BatDan

I go on this site to see when the next opening and ending are, and It says "We Go" starts on 516 so Funimation can dub it or use it? It's going to take awhile for Funimation to get to 592 and I'm watching the English version of One Piece (Funimation) and right now it's on 253 and soon to 263 and will air 264-336 in the Summer time and also dub the move Strong World, but does this mean instead of going to opening 16 it will have opening 15 for about 100+ episodes?

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/One_Piece_Music

We don't know yet. The 500's are still years off, but hopefully by then they'll sort the rights out. I hope.
Considering they couldn't get the rights to "Mirai Kokai" though, it is a bit worrying.

Meelow

Banned
We don't know yet. The 500's are still years off, but hopefully by then they'll sort the rights out. I hope.
Considering they couldn't get the rights to "Mirai Kokai" though, it is a bit worrying.

Is "We Go" at least a good song and opening?

Riposte

Ono's female designs (arguably female characters as a whole) went to crap post-time skip or at least by then. I don't really care if his wife told him to make Nami or whoever boobs bigger.

BatDan

Ono's female designs (arguably female characters as a whole) went to crap post-time skip or at least by then. I don't really care if his wife told him to make Nami or whoever boobs bigger.

The Street Figher threads are that-a-way.

It's not that his wife told him to do it, it's just a running joke that he's so horny for his wife that it just started happening. The man works 22 hour days.

Meelow

Banned
It's alright. It starts to grate after a while considering how long it lasted. Kind of like Believe.

It's okay. It's one of the more basic openings in my opinion. It's not in my top 5 and it wasn't as good as the opening right before it and over stayed it's welcome so it get's more hate at the moment.

Ah, I actually really liked Believe, It didn't get old for me, but if it was 80+ episodes than maybe it would of gotten old.

Something that's not related to this is that I wish Funimation was able to dub Opening 5, I heard this fandub version of it and it's really good.

One Piece opening 5 english fandub version [Monisstar] Kokoro No Chizu

Funny how you're talking about breasts. I've been laughing at it for the last few episodes. Nami's and Robin's breast are absolutely ridiculously huge. I swear they get bigger and bigger for every episode. At one shot I saw Robin from the side, and her breasts are like two thirds of her body. What was it Oda said? Something about manga being reflections of the creators dreams? Yeah.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Funny how you're talking about breasts. I've been laughing at it for the last few episodes. Nami's and Robin's breast are absolutely ridiculously huge. I swear they get bigger and bigger for every episode. At one shot I saw Robin from the side, and her breasts are like two thirds of her body. What was it Oda said? Something about manga being reflections of the creators dreams? Yeah.

The man just wants to spend his days sleeping with his wife.

Top Bottom