• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Meelow

Banned
Also this is bullshit. We all know Luffy is asexual.

Luffy is "asexual", what's a "asexual"?

On Episode 268-269

I am getting used to the Japanese dub, the voices are good which is a good thing, and how Luffy doesn't recognize Usopp is so him.

But yeah, so far Enies Lobby is a good arc so far!

I consider Water 7 and Enies Lobby more or less same the same arc, though I can understand why people separate them based on the length of both as well as Water 7 being about the city as well as some other plot things, and Enies Lobby being about the fights.

Edit:

Also this is bullshit. We all know Luffy is asexual.

Usopp brings out Luffy's natural male urges when he's around, or so said Oda

Meelow

Banned
Someone who's not sexually attracted to anyone

*watches new ep*

I could never imagine Luffy sexual to anyone (can't believe I'm actually having a conversation like this lol).

I could never even imagine him in love with anyone, I know some people made jokes about how Luffy is probably "homosexual" but with a manga/anime like One Piece where it doesn't have any strong point to relationships anyone might as well be asexual...Other than Sanji of course.

CrazyDude

I could never imagine Luffy sexual to anyone (can't believe I'm actually having a conversation like this lol).

I could never even imagine him in love with anyone, I know some people made jokes about how Luffy is probably "homosexual" but with a manga/anime like One Piece where it doesn't have any strong point to relationships anyone might as well be asexual...Other than Sanji of course.

Well the same can be said about Goku, yet he has two kids. :p

He's sexual preference I think is a subject for topic based on "nothing". Yeah we have that Nami scene but that's really neither here nor there as evidenced by Oda's comments.

Meelow

Banned
Well the same can be said about Goku, yet he has two kids. :p

I can imagine Luffy having kids for sure, I just couldn't imagine him in a relationship...If that makes sense lol.

He's sexual preference I think is a subject for topic based on "nothing". Yeah we have that Nami scene but that's really neither here nor there as evidenced by Oda's comments.

I doubt that Nami scene indicated anything, Zoro wasn't with them when they all peaked as well.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
ibeJ7OVFLBrNau.gif

lol what episode is this from and is that chopper? He's not even human lol

The shipper in me hates the fact that Luffy is a celibate hero. :(

But it works, because scenes
involving Hancock are so much funnier because of this.

I still think the whole Ussop thing from Oda was an asspull. I know he kinda asspulls everything when it comes to SBS, but to me, this was an asspull that didn't really work.

I'M BEING SILLY, CARRY ON.

Steroyd

I know that Oda said he doesn't want to put romance or anything in One Piece because it's a shonen, but that's one trope that's always bothered me. The celibate hero.

I think it's a much better option than it crapping all over shounen.

Can't think of a shounen series where romance didn't devolve it into pure crap.

The shipper in me hates the fact that Luffy is a celibate hero. :(

But it works, because scenes
involving Hancock are so much funnier because of this.

I still think the whole Ussop thing from Oda was an asspull. I know he kinda asspulls everything when it comes to SBS, but to me, this was an asspull that didn't really work.

I'M BEING SILLY, CARRY ON.

Oh I think so too, I bet if he thought more about he'd replace Luffy with Sanji or have Luffy off screen to avoid the topic.

I always assumed Luffy at the end of the series would be married to Hancock or someone else and have a little kid just because.

I guess it depends on how Oda wants to end the series but i just expect them to just keep on going on adventures even after they get the OP .
Unless Oda does a time skip showing us a good while after .

I expect the final scene is Luffy being the shanks either for his own son or another rapscalion passing on the Straw Hat to the next generation.

What's that got to do with anything?

Immediate thought that popped into my head about when the series finishes. Another crazy thought is that the franchise will never stop making money either.

They'll re-release volumes into omnibuses & re-release episodes on Blu Ray....then do it again ala Kai version hahaha.

Ushae

Banned
On episode 264.

Water 7: I overall liked Water 7, probably the most suspenseful yet in the series, and I'm glad we are getting to know more about Robin's past, but Usopp really got to let this whole thing go, with "Sniperking" (lol at the theme), and like I said before Franky is becoming a really SUPPPPPEEERRRRRR character.

Now that the Funimation dub is ending for 2 months, I will have to get used to the Japanese dub, not a fan of having to read the lines for every episode but it's better than nothing I suppose.

Oh...And.

Untitled_zpsd188a222.png

Japanese One Piece (with Subs) is 100x better then the Funimation dub. Trust me.

berserk and hxh will still be around.

Isn't berserk being made as movie arcs, each volume = 1 movie. The first one was incredible.

Korosenai

Japanese One Piece (with Subs) is 100x better then the Funimation dub. Trust me.

Isn't berserk being made as movie arcs, each volume = 1 movie. The first one was incredible.
The movies are volumes 4-13, but they're missing some stuff. I will agree though that the first movie was excellent, but if you're really into Berserk, read the manga for it as well.

Incredible bad , the artwork and CG for the berserk movies look worst than some games lol .
I have seen better in TV shows .
Truth is when OP done it going to feel so weird , i have been reading it and watching for so long .

kai3345

Banned
On episode 264.

Water 7: I overall liked Water 7, probably the most suspenseful yet in the series, and I'm glad we are getting to know more about Robin's past, but Usopp really got to let this whole thing go, with "Sniperking" (lol at the theme), and like I said before Franky is becoming a really SUPPPPPEEERRRRRR character.

Now that the Funimation dub is ending for 2 months, I will have to get used to the Japanese dub, not a fan of having to read the lines for every episode but it's better than nothing I suppose.

Oh...And.

Untitled_zpsd188a222.png

Oh, ok. PHEW. I misread that as "ending in two months

Top Bottom