• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Wow that sure looks great in HD.

Also: wow is that seriously Franky's english voice. It conveys NOTHING of the Japanese character. Maaaaaaaaaaaan.

That was a serious scene so he doesn't sound how he normally does. In the funny scenes he's just fine.

Look, no matter who they got, there would be an outcry about Franky's English voice. Oda designed Franky specifically for his Japanese voice actor.
But Seitz does a good job. Oda approved of the English voices so he thought he was fine too.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Wait, does this mean the English Dub will be uploaded soon?

Edit: Just saw it say "July 23, 2013", wonder if it will be released eariler like Season 4.

It all depends on when Rightstuf ships pre-orders.
Sometimes they ship within the week, sometimes a month before the street date.

Korosenai

Walked into a Walmart. Saw a One piece voyage set for the first time ever (Season 4 Voyage 5). Bought it instantly. Watching now. Life is good.

Raxus

I need someone to help me with a One Piece summary I have been working for Toonami. Mostly I need some banners made and an extra set of eyes for editing. Help would be appreciated, just send me a PM!

Now that I'm caught up to the show's premiere on Toonami, I only want to know one thing

When does Robin's backstory begin on the show? (Episode number only)

Raxus

I love the 11th opening and HATED the 12th. Guess we found the two openings that divides the One Piece Community.

#Team11

I was shocked when I saw that everyone hated the 15th opening in this thread. It's easily my favourite =[

Also, opening 10 > opening 1

get at me

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Share the World is one of the best, probably top 5.

Kaze wo Sagashite is THE worst. Aside from being an obnoxious song, it spoils an entire arc the show doesn't even get to during its run, features a ridiculous dissonance between the perkiness of the song and the actual imagery (YAY! for saluting prison guards is my absolute favorite), and gets all kinds of other things wrong, including several characters' color schemes (including, amazingly enough, Luffy's).

It was so bad that Japanese viewers actually complained to the network.

Top Bottom