• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

789shadow

Banned
Calm down people. I only did that because of the way you guys reacted to everyone's preferred opening. I didn't realize you guys would all gut me. :( The atmosphere was so light and fun in here I just though everyone would go ha ha.
One does not simply joke about things like this.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
He he he I liked how they made Ceasar's little speech at the end of tonight's episode all extra-epic just to better contrast with Luffy just up and grabbing him.

Calm down people. I only did that because of the way you guys reacted to everyone's preferred opening. I didn't realize you guys would all gut me. :( The atmosphere was so light and fun in here I just though everyone would go ha ha.

Kind of hard to tell if it was a joke or not when it comes to other fans of the big 3 trolling one of them .

Riposte

Naruto dropped the ball on world building and developing characters pretty early on and hasn't improved. I would forgive it for everything else if it just got those right.

Mr. Fix

Naruto dropped the ball on world building and developing characters pretty early on and hasn't improved. I would forgive it for everything else if it just got those right.

I find it especially offensive with what Kishi could have done with the characters introduced during the summit/war.

cntr

Banned

Joke? This is a matter of life or death!

CrazyDude

Anyone else think that Dragon will have the mythical dragon zoan fruit? It would make sense since most people think he controls the weather and Chinese dragons are known as the rulers of weather.

About the opening 12 discussion earlier, the artist who sung that actually didn't like the song, either. She knew that it was way too upbeat for what the show was going through at that point, but she was pretty much forced to do it anyways because her producer (or something) told her to.

I have to agree with her. That song is rather inappropriate for that arc, which is why I didn't like it. The song itself is fine, but it should not have been an opening at that point. I guess the fanbase is divided on that opening based on that.

By the way, I also think Bon Voyage > We Are, at least the Japanese version.

We can all agree that Fight Together is amazing, right?

demidar

Anime pacing not going to change since they so close to the manga .
Unless the do a long filler arc or stop for a while OP anime pacing is fuck for the rest of the series .

This is why I stopped. There are so many talking parts, time-wasting environmental scenes, recaps and still shots that I feel like I'm wasting my time watching through filler to get to the good bits, especially since I read the manga. Sure some fights are pretty dang cool but I can just watch those selectively.

Entropia

No One Remembers
You're all saying the past few OPs are better than "We Are", "Believe in Wonderland", and "Hikari E"? :(

(Whatever happened to the ending themes? Some of those were awesome)

75oJSq0.jpg

One Piece 596: Destruction Crisis - The Monster of Death Flies in

One Piece 597 Preview: Giga hasn't posted it yet

The preview is up now for those interested

You're all saying the past few OPs are better than "We Are", "Believe in Wonderland", and "Hikari E"? :(

(Whatever happened to the ending themes? Some of those were awesome)

"We Are" and "Hikari e" are great, and "Believe" is good, but they are not in my top 3.

And the endings stopped to make the openings longer. I do agree that most of them were great.

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
Poor Sanji during that period... :p

I'm slowly progressing through the fishman island arc, just finished 548. Hopefully we'll be seeing some action soon.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Bahahaha, that is THE strangest episode in all of One Piece, and that's saying a whole fucking lot.

Just when you think the show couldn't possibly be able to surprise you anymore.

Well its based on the Franky Horror Picture Show so it pretty much has to be the weirdest of the weird. Wouldn't have been a faithful homage otherwise!

I've been busy this week that I only watched 2 episodes :(

I need to start watching it frequently again.

Seems like your avatar has been getting around :p

And trust me there is nothing wrong with taking your time to marathon OP, when you get caught up you'll be in the same world of pain as most of us

I watched 594 a couple of days ago, and noticed how Luffy just casually mentioned that
Zoro and Sanji have Haki.

I understand that this was fan speculation before, but was it ever confirmed before that point? That sort of seems like a big deal to me, but I may have missed something earlier.

demidar

I watched 594 a couple of days ago, and noticed how Luffy just casually mentioned that
Zoro and Sanji have Haki.

I understand that this was fan speculation before, but was it ever confirmed before that point? That sort of seems like a big deal to me, but I may have missed something earlier.

I think that's the first time it's been mentioned, implying they acquired it while training. Also Didn't Zoro say something akin to "If [Luffy] didn't have Haki, we'd need to find a new captain."

Top Bottom