• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Seriously Acid this is getting incredibly tiresome. I genuinely didn't know what you said in that comment and that's why I asked an honest question. There's no reason for you to act like an idiot over it. Then I wanted to have a serious and legitimate discussion about "good" vs "bad" but of course you felt a need to start by calling me obtuse. Was that seriously necessary? Like what the hell is wrong with you? Then you go on and on and on trying to defend yourself and want me to bring up old discussions and such. You mass-quote things that I've said and even take things completely out of context, like when I was joking about that three episode thing or such.

I have no idea what's wrong with you or why you're doing this, but you're the first person in this thread who's welcome to join my ignore list. Give me a call when you've grown up.

Acid08

Banned
Seriously Acid this is getting incredibly tiresome. I genuinely didn't know what you said in that comment and that's why I asked an honest question. There's no reason for you to act like an idiot over it. Then I wanted to have a serious and legitimate discussion about "good" vs "bad" but of course you felt a need to start by calling me obtuse. Was that seriously necessary? Like what the hell is wrong with you? Then you go on and on and on trying to defend yourself and want me to bring up old discussions and such. You mass-quote things that I've said and even take things completely out of context, like when I was joking about that three episode thing or such.

I have no idea what's wrong with you or why you're doing this, but you're the first person in this thread who's welcome to join my ignore list. Give me a call when you've grown up.
I only brought old quotes up because you did. Because I've apparently made some kind of mark on you with my previous posts and I have no idea what you're talking about. And it's not really out of context when your post doesn't come across as joking in any way. Just like I guess you might be joking about Meelow's punctuation usage too even though you just come across as a dick. Lay off him, it's not his fault you're not using context clues to understand his sentence.

Why are you being such a douche? You never want to discuss anything. As soon as anyone even remotely criticizes you you seem to enter some panic mode.

What the hell is your source for this comment? What the fuck are you talking about? Sorry if I was a jerk to you but you came out of nowhere with these baseless comments.

What's your phone number?

Acid08

Banned
Luffy's entrance at
Marineford
soooooooo good and so Luffy.

Luffy talking shit too Whitebeard looooooooool. He's so awesome.

Jigolo

Where do you guys get your details on whether there will be a chapter this week or if it's canceled? Last week was skipped for some reason. Anybody know why?

demidar

Oda is an extremely hard worker in an extremely taxing position as a mangaka. It's surprising that One Piece is still so good, or even better than it was at the beginning as most shounen tend to jump the shark/turn to crap one way or another.

789shadow

Banned
Oda is an extremely hard worker in an extremely taxing position as a mangaka. It's surprising that One Piece is still so good, or even better than it was at the beginning as most shounen tend to jump the shark/turn to crap one way or another.
It helps to actually have a plan.

demidar

It helps to actually have a plan.

There's plenty of evidence of that.

I really liked Naruto pre-timeskip when it was just ninja teachers and students, but then he had to do that end-of-the-world crap and fuck everything up. Political intrigue with crazy ninja fighting would've sufficed, keep the scale small, less is more.

I was re-reading some Thriller Bark last night.

onepiece.jpg

So good.

Meelow

Banned
Here's a clip of ScrewAttack visiting Funimation while they're working on Strong World.
http://www.screwattack.com/shows/or...andom-awesomeness-ever-wanted-do-voice-acting

Meaning that Strong World is on its way. Hopefully before the end of the year.

The screaming was kinda...Interesting but that just made me more excited for the English dub of Movie 10, also isn't Brook in this? Seeing how season 5 dub ends right after they finish Enies Lobby and I kinda spoiled myself because I read a comment and found out what episode Brook comes in I wonder who will voice him.

...I got to stop spoiling myself on some things :( lol.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The screaming was kinda...Interesting but that just made me more excited for the English dub of Movie 10, also isn't Brook in this? Seeing how season 5 dub ends right after they finish Enies Lobby and I kinda spoiled myself because I read a comment and found out what episode Brook comes in I wonder who will voice him.

...I got to stop spoiling myself on some things :( lol.

Yes, Brook is in Strong World. Making it his English dub debut.

BatDan

I hope they do a good job with his voice.

People will probably hate it.
With the first seven, we had the 4Kids dub to compare and contrast, but this is an all new character that hasn't had an English voice before. It's the same thing with Franky and a lot of people hating Patrick Seitz' portrayal.

Meelow

Banned
Yes, Brook is in Strong World. Making it his English dub debut.

It's going to be intresting to see who voices him, from what I seen of Brook he's going to need a unique voice actor lol.

On Episode 279, Robin's back story explains so much, how much she got betrayed and left alone, the really sad thing is other than the island getting burnt down that, that's an actual problem that does happen in real life.

Also on Episode 279 why are they using We Are (opening 1) again? Kinda doesn't make any sense since Chopper and Robin joined the crew not way too long after that,

BatDan

It's going to be intresting to see who voices him, from what I seen of Brook he's going to need a unique voice actor lol.

On Episode 279, Robin's back story explains so much, how much she got betrayed and left alone, the really sad thing is other than the island getting burnt down that, that's an actual problem that does happen in real life.

Also on Episode 279 why are they using We Are (opening 1) again? Kinda doesn't make any sense since Chopper and Robin joined the crew not way too long after that,

Episodes 279-283 are recap episodes. They aired when One Piece moved to Sundays.
Don't worry, you'll get a new opening on 284. This version of We Are is a cover by the Straw Hat voice actors.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
There's plenty of evidence of that.

I really liked Naruto pre-timeskip when it was just ninja teachers and students, but then he had to do that end-of-the-world crap and fuck everything up. Political intrigue with crazy ninja fighting would've sufficed, keep the scale small, less is more.

I wonder where they will go now that the war is wrapping up? Maybe small scale stories of the original students starting to teach their own students?

Bleach might not actually be ending soon, but it has been said that it's in its final arc. I don't think Naruto's author has actually outright said that it will end soon (although he kind of alluded to it a while ago, saying that he doesn't feel it'll go on anywhere near as long as One Piece), but it does look like it's in its final arc too.

Raxus

Bleach might not actually be ending soon, but it has been said that it's in its final arc. I don't think Naruto's author has actually outright said that it will end soon (although he kind of alluded to it a while ago, saying that he doesn't feel it'll go on anywhere near as long as One Piece), but it does look like it's in its final arc too.

I think this is the pen ultimate arc with the final arc being something with the hokages. Toriko more or less has already has a spot, making it the big four in my eyes. I dunno how it has been doing sales wise though.

Meelow

Banned
Episodes 279-283 are recap episodes. They aired when One Piece moved to Sundays.
Don't worry, you'll get a new opening on 284. This version of We Are is a cover by the Straw Hat voice actors.

So...Should I not watch episodes 279-283?

Edit: Just looked, it has new parts but it also has the recaps, so I guess I should skip over when they do the recap? Or is there anything new in them?

Wiseblade

I think this is the pen ultimate arc with the final arc being something with the hokages. Toriko more or less has already has a spot, making it the big four in my eyes. I dunno how it has been doing sales wise though.

Except Toriko isn't nearly big enough to deserve being mentioned in the same breath as One Piece. Especially when you consider how hard Shueisha push it. Naruto ending is going to leave a huge chasm between the popularity of OP and the rest of the magazine.

Except Toriko isn't nearly big enough to deserve being mentioned in the same breath as One Piece. Especially when you consider how hard Shueisha push it. Naruto ending is going to leave a huge chasm between the popularity of OP and the rest of the magazine.

Mario will just fill the hole that Naruto leaves
LOL

Top Bottom