• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Should that ever happen, I will hold you personally responsible.

Trust me if Mario

1- Becomes a real thing in Jump

2- Becomes as big as Naruto

I'll be looking to jump to another dimension, ideally one where Kishimoto didn't waste all the potential of Naruto and where Togashi and Miura are super motivated and release HxH/Berserk every issue without missing a beat.

Acid08

Banned
Now that
Whitebeard
is dead, what a great character. Really enjoyed him through this arc and seeing tiny bits of his past.

Standing up too, badass.

Acid08

Banned
BB talks a big game but he knows he's not at the level to follow through yet. But the guy has plans and real ambition.
And I'm sure I'll learn more of that through the series. He feels like he'll be one of, if not THE, major villains going forward. His crew is nuts.

I just want the Strawhats back together
;A;

And damn opening 13 just gets heavier and heavier as this arc goes.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So...Should I not watch episodes 279-283?

Edit: Just looked, it has new parts but it also has the recaps, so I guess I should skip over when they do the recap? Or is there anything new in them?

Everything that's new in those episodes will be covered again in the next episode after them, so they are safe to skip.

Check out the Straw Hat Theater shorts that go with those episodes, though!

Wiseblade

Now that
Whitebeard
is dead, what a great character. Really enjoyed him through this arc and seeing tiny bits of his past.

Standing up too, badass.

Hey, remember when Akainu's meteor fist singed Whitebeard's moustache? In the manga, it cleaved off half of his face. That's right, he did that entire rampage and caused all that destruction with half a face.

Acid08

Banned
Hey, remember when Akainu's meteor fist singed Whitebeard's moustache? In the manga, it cleaved off half of his face. That's right, he did that entire rampage and caused all that destruction with half a face.
FUCK.

Is that manga that much more intense in general?

stupid fucking Akainu is still alive. I hope Luffy destroys him eventually.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I remember when we were reading that shit weekly in the manga thread. Holy shit man, the hype was off the charts.

Wiseblade

FUCK.

Is that manga that much more intense in general?

stupid fucking Akainu is still alive. I hope Luffy destroys him eventually.

Not particularly. There's a couple of trivial things and a touch more blood, but that's really the only notable change.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Yea they seem to change certain things if they think it was just too violent, but not very often.

They also changed the fate of Zeff's leg. In the manga, he ate it. In the anime, he merely just cut it off when it got trapped so he could save Sanji.
They also changed this one scene in the Kuro arc where Jango throws a chakram at Nami as she wakes up Luffy. In the manga, the chakram hits Luffy in the back of the head (and he somehow survives it...) while in the anime he caught it in his teeth.

Oh and how Luffy got his face scar. Never shown.

I'm sure there's other moments where the violence is edited out. Those are just a few off the top of my head.

Acid08

Banned
All these dummies celebrating
Whitebeard's
death are going to be in for a surprise. Everything is going to get much worse for them methinks.

Rumba

Banned
Hi Everyone!

Just dropped in here to say hi to fellow OP fans.

Gosh, it's been like 13 years since I started watching the anime. Damn.

Also when the horse gets shot on Long Ring Long Island.

Wow, this doesn't happen in the anime?

Also, I remember reading somewhere that Sanji's former boss (the chef; Zeff or something) didn't eat his own leg in the anime. Not sure if true though.

Wiseblade

Wow, this doesn't happen in the anime?

Also, I remember reading somewhere that Sanji's former boss (the chef; Zeff or something) didn't eat his own leg in the anime. Not sure if true though.

He didn't. In the anime, it gets caught in an anchor chain and Zeff has to choose between taking the time to free his leg or getting to Sanji before he drowns.

Ww78zre.jpg

One Piece 597: The Samurai that Cuts the Fire! Kin'emon of Foxfire!

One Piece 598 Preview: Shock! Identity of Vergo, the Mysterious Man!

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Ya know what, with Kinemon's whole "there's no fire I can't cut," (manga spoilers follow)
he's gonna be pitted up against whoever ends up eating Ace's mera mera no mi, isn't he?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Ya know what, with Kinemon's whole "there's no fire I can't cut," (manga spoilers follow)
he's gonna be pitted up against whoever ends up eating Ace's mera mera no mi, isn't he?

Thats a very cool theory
I am 99% Don Flamingo is just going to eat it himself at the last second and then attack the straw hats using it.... its really his only wildcard in this whole plan

Wiseblade

We think he is already, his power is unknown though. Probably some kind of puppet thing though.

It's almost guaranteed that he has some sort of string/marrionette based power.

1) On Jaya, He controlled Bellamy and Sarquiss with his fingers, forcing them to fight each other.

2) When the Marines and Warlords met to discuss a crocodile replacement, Doflamingo controlled a marine with his fingers and forced him to fight others.

3) During the Marineford Arc, He used strings to cut off Oz Jr's leg and attack Gecko Moria.

In the video game One Piece: Unlimited Cruise, you can play as Doflamingo. His special power is the ability to mind control enemies and make them hurt themselves. His regular attacks are to simply attack with his feet. He never attacks anyone with his hands, or with any weapon equipped, in that game.

And like Wiseblade said too. It's pretty much a no-brainer to me that he has an ability to control others, making him a very dangerous foe. I wonder just how many he can control at once though.

Acid08

Banned
Are any of the OP games any good? Or just Naruto levels of nice looking mediocrity? I'd try one out on 3DS if they release one here.

Are any of the OP games any good? Or just Naruto levels of nice looking mediocrity? I'd try one out on 3DS if they release one here.

As said above Musou 1 is fun as a musou game, Unlimited Adventure for the Wii is pretty decent but I've only played like 5 minutes of it

There are plenty of good One Piece games, though many didn't make it over to the west. Unfortunately there are no "true" adventurous One Piece games. If you live in Europe or Japan, you can get Unlimited Cruise for Wii which I enjoyed quite a bunch. It's also on 3DS. Then there's Pirate Warriors for Playstation 3. The sequel, Pirate Warriors 2, is coming out in August. A new One Piece game is also coming to 3DS -- Unlimited Red or something along those lines.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
There's also Unlimited Adventure for the Wii, but it's rare and expensive now.

I'm hoping they release Unlimited World Red here. It looks amazing.

Meelow

Banned
I finally got back into the grove of watching more than 1 episode a day, I watched 8 episodes today lol, I'm on episode 300 but I will give my full impression of Enies Lobby after it's over.

P.S Got used to the Japanese dub now, I am very happy about that because now I can enjoy watching both dubs :)

Top Bottom