• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
What happened to voyage one?

That's coming out at the end of the month!

wTZkvTw.jpg

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Are Strong World and Film Z the only movies worth watching?

I'd say the 6th one is also worth it.

I quite liked the fourth movie too (Dead End Adventure).

And the 9th, which does a far better job compacting a story arc into a movie than the 8th movie.

Yep, that's all of them. Almost in that order too (6th should be higher). Just don't watch any of the others though.

Wiseblade

Top Tier
Movie 6

High Tier
Strong World
Movie 4
One Piece Z

Mid Tier
Movie 2
Movie 7

Low Tier
Movie 1
Movie 9

Bottom Tier
Movie 8
Movie 5

Honestly, the first 3 "movies" shouldn't even be considered movies at all. They are not even feature-length. Were they even shown in theaters?

atomsk

Party Pooper
I think I'm gonna have to import Pirate Warriors 2 from Europe, any suggestions as to where I should order from (I'm in the US)

Zavvi says "sold out" even though it's not out till Aug 30th

duckroll

I totally missed this update last week: http://www.fujitv.co.jp/fujitv/news/pub_2013/130626-264.html

There are two tiny screens for Episode of Merry, but more importantly there are more details about it.

axa9a9P.jpg
KU1rcju.jpg

Length:
It's going to air from 9pm to 11:10pm on Aug 24, so excluding ads, the runtime should be about 100mins.

Story:
The narrative frame actually starts in the current story point in The New World. Franky is testing out the Mini Merry 2, and Ussop, Chopper, and Brook are helping him with the tests. During the test Brook asks about the name "Mini Merry" since he joined after they changed ships, and didn't know about the Going Merry. The rest of the story is Ussop recounting the origins of the name, and telling the story of the ship which carried them through the first half of their journey. Sounds like it's going to be fucking great.

Staff:
Director - Katsumi Tokoro (Episode of Nami)
Script - Hirohiko Uesaka (Episode of Nami, Strong World)
Character Design - Eisaku Inoue (Episode of Alabasta)
Sub Character Design - Yukiko Nakatani (Episode of Nami)
Chief Animation Director - Eisaku Inoue (Episode of Alabasta)
Animation Directors - Yukiko Nakatani (Episode of Nami), Ippei Ichii

I looooooooooved Episode of Nami, so I definitely hope this lives up to it. :D

Korosenai

All of the One Piece voyages are marked down pretty cheap on Amazon (cheapest i've ever noticed them being). Just figured i'd let everyone in this thread know.

same issue "out of stock". I guess they had a certain preorder allocation and it's gone?

I could go play-asia but then I'm paying like 80 bucks for it to go from EU to JP to US, seems kind of dumb

Just checked and ah, you're right. If you don't mind waiting a little bit you could wait till after it has launched and see if they got a second shipment.

Cwarrior

I totally missed this update last week: http://www.fujitv.co.jp/fujitv/news/pub_2013/130626-264.html

There are two tiny screens for Episode of Merry, but more importantly there are more details about it.

axa9a9P.jpg
KU1rcju.jpg

Length:
It's going to air from 9pm to 11:10pm on Aug 24, so excluding ads, the runtime should be about 100mins.

Story:
The narrative frame actually starts in the current story point in The New World. Franky is testing out the Mini Merry 2, and Ussop, Chopper, and Brook are helping him with the tests. During the test Brook asks about the name "Mini Merry" since he joined after they changed ships, and didn't know about the Going Merry. The rest of the story is Ussop recounting the origins of the name, and telling the story of the ship which carried them through the first half of their journey. Sounds like it's going to be fucking great.

Staff:
Director - Katsumi Tokoro (Episode of Nami)
Script - Hirohiko Uesaka (Episode of Nami, Strong World)
Character Design - Eisaku Inoue (Episode of Alabasta)
Sub Character Design - Yukiko Nakatani (Episode of Nami)
Chief Animation Director - Eisaku Inoue (Episode of Alabasta)
Animation Directors - Yukiko Nakatani (Episode of Nami), Ippei Ichii

I looooooooooved Episode of Nami, so I definitely hope this lives up to it. :D

130626-264_01.jpg

I saw this a while ago I predicted Eisaku inoue would be animation director when this was first announced.

Eisaku Inoue is one the best animation directors on one piece up there with katsumi ishizuka and naoki tate this going to be his 3rd time animating the viking funeral scene(reanimated again for the romance dawn game), his one of the oldest op animators been working op since episode 2, does a lot of tear jerker episode or zoro fights.

Seeing him team up withYukiko Nakatani an excellent regular op animation director that joined the one piece team in thriller park is nice, she done a few recent episode in Punk hazard like Luffy vs CC(first half of the ep)

AH I just notice Katsumi Tokoro was also the director for the Viking funeral episode, been working on one piece since episode 50.

I don't see how these guys can top there excellent moving work they've done for the merry episode, it's impossible

Merry episode

Still even if it's some of the same talent behind the tv anime episode I fear the entire thing will collapse on it's self since it's far too much material to cover in 1hr 40mins.

Top Tier
Movie 9

High Tier
Strong World
Movie 4

Mid Tier
Movie 2
Movie 7
Movie 6

Low Tier
Movie 1
Movie 8

Bottom Tier
Movie 5
Movie 3

haven't seen film z yet but movie 9 is the best movie so far followed by movie 4 and Strong world.

That preview looked like the animation just took a huge step forward from the usual animation. I guess they're doing that
to prepare for the big action scenes that are about to appear.

Ep 591

Chopper going angry was a site to see.

The new OP is pretty amazing and catchy was starting to sing it second half and was all into it. Cant wait for the single release. Best op song since fight together.

Jaroof

Finally got my Mihawk sword keychain.

pop-one-piece-mihawk-weapon-knife-sword-key-chain.jpg

Edit:
It's sharp at the end!! I can't put it on my keychain, because it already scratched the hell out of me -_-

Acid08

Banned
The tits in this arc, jesus. Not just Robin or Nami(which are fucking freakish btw) but ALL the mermaids too.

Really happy I got two weeks of Hulu Plus for free. Great quality, can watch on my tablet, and it's a good translation. Subs 4 lyfe.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The tits in this arc, jesus. Not just Robin or Nami(which are fucking freakish btw) but ALL the mermaids too.

Really happy I got two weeks of Hulu Plus for free. Great quality, can watch on my tablet, and it's a good translation. Subs 4 lyfe.

Yea the tits are because Oda is hot for his wife, he's got no time to bang her, so that's the outlet. At least that's what everyone thinks.

Acid08

Banned
Yea the tits are because Oda is hot for his wife, he's got no time to bang her, so that's the outlet. At least that's what everyone thinks.
:lol that's a good theory. It's weird because they look "normal" in some scenes but in others they're some weird Hitomi Tanaka shit. Robin's are always weirdly huge though. Speaking of Robin, I don't like redesigned face. Eyes look really strange.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
:lol that's a good theory. It's weird because they look "normal" in some scenes but in others they're some weird Hitomi Tanaka shit. Robin's are always weirdly huge though. Speaking of Robin, I don't like redesigned face. Eyes look really strange.

For some reason, the anime can never get Robin's new look down right. She looks fine in the manga of course but none of the artists for the anime can draw her model correctly. It's really strange.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

Can some post a picture of oda's wife.... I wont lie I will be dissapointed is she has anything smaller than Dolly Parton sized breast....

Top Bottom