• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Can some post a picture of oda's wife.... I wont lie I will be dissapointed is she has anything smaller than Dolly Parton sized breast....

Prepare for disappointment.

Chiaki_Inaba.png

Jaroof

Just watched 604.
LOL at
Gum Gum UFO

And I love the relationship that Zoro and Luffy have.
Zoro really is the first mate...

This weeks episode of OP was odd for me to watch, when I caught up on the anime almost a year ago and speed read the manga to be caught up on that this episode was the chapter that I read for the first time when it was released. It was a crazy journey and continues to be one but I'm glad I made it

Acid08

Banned
Found myself watching the Fight Together opening again today. Man, that still brings up some feelings. Such a sad opening.

Also I'm now totally used to new Franky. I still like old Franky more but yesterday I watched the episode when
he brings out the Black Rhino and has his old hair back
. It was really the hair that I was missing all along :p

Acid08

Banned
Jimbei :)

I hope he really does end up joining them eventually. You can tell Luffy loves that guy so much.

Also fucking hilarious how Luffy and Zoro define a hero the same way. Those two are so similar :lol

Acid08

Banned
Finished up Fishman Island. I really liked it and it set the stage for multiple things going forward. Most excited to see what part Shirahoshi will play later on in the series and, of course, the possibility of Jimbei joining the crew later on.

It dragged a bit in parts and I can definitely see how that would have been annoying watching it week to week. Plus the "reveal" of Hordy's true nature seemed dumb and unnecessary. Oh, he hated humans because other people told him to? It's like they were trying to pound the "don't make children prejudice" theme into our heads mercilessly.

Raxus

Finished up Fishman Island. I really liked it and it set the stage for multiple things going forward. Most excited to see what part Shirahoshi will play later on in the series and, of course, the possibility of Jimbei joining the crew later on.

It dragged a bit in parts and I can definitely see how that would have been annoying watching it week to week. Plus the "reveal" of Hordy's true nature seemed dumb and unnecessary. Oh, he hated humans because other people told him to? It's like they were trying to pound the "don't make children prejudice" theme into our heads mercilessly.

The next arc isn't great but it is a huuuuuuge step up from that awfulness. The arc after that...well I hope they don't fuck it up in the animation because the manga is amaaaaaaaazing so far.

The next arc isn't great but it is a huuuuuuge step up from that awfulness. The arc after that...well I hope they don't fuck it up in the animation because the manga is amaaaaaaaazing so far.

I feel like we're getting to the climax of the
Punk Hazard
arc. Am I right? I don't want it to be like that fight with Hody in the palace in Fishman Island, which preceded like 20 episodes of exposition.

Soriku

Pretty good new ep. The part with Zoro at the end was good. Dude is serious. Not the first time he's had that attitude either. They really dragged out the smoke scene though.

Raxus

I feel like we're getting to the climax of the
Punk Hazard
arc. Am I right? I don't want it to be like that fight with Hody in the palace in Fishman Island, which preceded like 20 episodes of exposition.

We aren't quite there yet but it is close.

Acid08

Banned
Forgot to mention another cool thing at the end of Fishman Island,
the revelation that Sengoku stepped down, Akainu fought Aokiji, and Aokiji left the Navy after. Aokiji for new crew member? That would be interesting

Forgot to mention another cool thing at the end of Fishman Island,
the revelation that Sengoku stepped down, Akainu fought Aokiji, and Aokiji left the Navy after. Aokiji for new crew member? That would be interesting

they actually meet
Aokiji
in the latest movie, he seems to have joined a...different faction.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I will not be surprised if after Punk Hazard, we get a filler arc. Especially since Oda is on a reduced schedule and taking more breaks.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Like 20 episodes, I honestly forgot how long the stuff inside punk hazard last seriously were only like half way through the arc

Ahh well I haven't started watching Punk Hazard yet, I like to wait until the arcs are complete to watch them. I put up with the manga being weekly, I won't do the same for the anime.

Ahh well I haven't started watching Punk Hazard yet, I like to wait until the arcs are complete to watch them. I put up with the manga being weekly, I won't do the same for the anime.

See my work week is Wed-Sun so I start my week with One Piece manga and end with One Piece anime... course I haven't been to work in a week to do my knee but that's a separate issue lol

Oh wow, due to low sales One Piece Vol 66 is the last to be released in Sweden. Guess I'll have to import from the UK from now on. Feels weird to be reading from a different translator, with different names and with different designs on the book's art and spine.

Acid08

Banned
I will NEVER get tired of Franky saying super. It's one of my favorite things and I find myself saying it like that IRL sometimes :lol

zulux21

I will not be surprised if after Punk Hazard, we get a filler arc. Especially since Oda is on a reduced schedule and taking more breaks.

the anime is still 10.5 months behind the manga and is also getting episodes off from time to time for specials and what not.

even if oda only released a chapter of one piece every other week, and the anime released every week it would still take 55 weeks for the anime to catch the manga at their current 1 chapter per episode rate.

I mean it's possible that there will be a short filler arc, but I figured the slow pacing, and random specials were so they didn't have to do filler anymore (aside from stuff to promote movies)

Kokonoe

Banned
One Piece Pirate Warriors is fun, first One Piece game I've played that's actually entertaining. It could certainly use more polish, and the frame rate dips make me wish it was on PC, but it's good enough for what it is.

One Piece Pirate Warriors is fun, first One Piece game I've played that's actually entertaining. It could certainly use more polish, and the frame rate dips make me wish it was on PC, but it's good enough for what it is.

The sequel, which comes out in August, looks incredible.

Top Bottom