• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Entropia

No One Remembers
Here you go, One Piece GAF~

EDIT: Oh, it requires a credit card on file? I followed your link and made an account but didn't actually upgrade to a full membership or anything... so the last code maybe up for grabs.

Edit 2: Holy shit, the quality of Crunchyroll's is sooo much better.

Fight Together should always have a place in your rankings. That one is so good.

You can add Bon Voyage and Share the World if you want.

Raxus

Brand New World
Fight Together
We Are! (I prefer the remix but the original is great too)
Share the World
Hands Up!

OP 2 and 3 and Jungle P just missed the list.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Opening rating time? Opening rating time.

Untouchable
We Are!
Hikari E
Kokoro no Chizu
Bon Voyage
Brand New World
Jungle P
One Day
Fight Together
We Go!

Vulnerable
We Are! (Straw Hat Pirates Version)
ONLY because there's no new, super-extended version with Brook, Franky, Jimbei, and Law
Share The World!
Catchy, but not a strong contender.
Believe
Classic song, but it gets a bit boring after a while.
Hands Up!
Too new to decide for sure, but I'm personally pretty fond of it!

Below Average
Crazy Rainbow
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
We Are! (TVXQ Version)
Pretty weak. Opening itself was way too long as well. Seriously, over twenty seconds of walking on the beach?

English English Fruit
4Kids One Piece Rap
DREAMIN'! DON'T GIVE IT UP ZOLO

Kaze Wo Sagashite
Kaze Wo Sagashite
Kaze Wo Sagashite.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I got the One Piece Strong World Blu-Ray today, here's my thoughts on the English dub.

Brook: Amazing! Ian Sinclair uses a upper class British voice that reflects Brook's polite but perverse personality perfectly (I love alliteration). He got the laugh down pat too.

Shiki: Takes some getting used to. I found it odd they gave him a Jamaican accent, but after a while it's classic Scott McNeil. If anything, he sounds like a Jamaican Dr. Wily.

Rest of the cast: Pulled it off damn well. Luci Christian really shines through as Nami, especially in the recorded message to the Straw Hats.

On Strong World itself: Decent movie, though I feel a lot of aspects would have been better had Oda included in the manga instead of making it a movie. I did see back when it came out on DVD in Japan, but it had shitty subs and low quality picture so it was kind of forgettable. This improved it though.

I watched One Piece Film Z yesterday. I don't know what to say about it other than I wasn't satisfied with the movie. The fight between Luffy and Z was what I was looking forward to, but it wasn't what I had in mind.
They both used armament hardening and punch the hell out of each other. I was expecting more like his fight against Shiki in Strong World.
This is just my opinion.

Maron

Bringing this from AP Forums. Some of the One Piece creative collaborators in Japan want to hear feedback and comments from OP fans on the Crunchyroll simulcast. People that have problems with stuff like us not getting the current opening, or never getting episode previews can freely voice their concerns and be heard.

620 – A Critical Situation! Punk Hazard Explodes!
tumblr_mw22wdCfUq1rm5b29o1_500.gif

Best moment of this overly drawn out episode (did we really need to hear Monet breathing for all those seconds?). Unfortunately unlike Traffy's voice which was incredible, Donflamingo sounds nothing like I expected (well its been years since I even remember hearing him in Marineford). I thought he'd sound more jovial.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Yeah yeah but only briefly here and there, and never at the same time as being featured heavily in a manga arc, where we're starting to get a better feel for him. It's more noticeable now I think.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
She should invest in bigger bras.
The poor girl's waist was as big as her neck this episode. I think bra size was the least of her problems.

But yeah, the anime never draws her with an appropriately sized bra lol

Or pants that fit. Girl needs a belt.

As annoying as her proportions are these days, at least the anime has been looking good recently. No one was drawn looking like a weird abstract human.

Entropia

No One Remembers
The ending of the most recent episode makes it... SPOILER
really obvious who it is on the duck. In the manga he was indistinguishable really.

So glad this franky nami episode is over, one of the more dull one this arc.

Isnt it about time we get a new op announced in a magazine or singer groups website since we are nearly at the new arc?

So glad this franky nami episode is over, one of the more dull one this arc.

Isnt it about time we get a new op announced in a magazine or singer groups website since we are nearly at the new arc?

Dull? Man, I've been waiting the entire time just to get to these episodes. I'm in love with the anime all over again after the most recent episodes.

Maron

The Brand Manager of One Piece from FUNimation was on the latest OP Podcast episode (which had a commentary on Strong World), and said that Season 6 (which'll be announced this week) is going to include some sort of digital iTunes/PSN/Xbox deal along with the physical release, and that the next films they'll be after (assuming Strong World does well) is Film Z and then back to the earlier films, with him noting Movie 6 as the best place to go after.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
The Brand Manager of One Piece from FUNimation was on the latest OP Podcast episode (which had a commentary on Strong World), and said that Season 6 (which'll be announced this week) is going to include some sort of digital iTunes deal along with the physical release, and that the next films they'll be after (assuming Strong World does well) is Film Z and then back to the earlier films, with him noting Movie 6 as the best place to go after.

2fdivmq.gif

I imagine it must be a mistake on rightstuf's part, I doubt funi is going to start using Nakama so late in the game unless Oda/Toei demanded it

Top Bottom