• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

I think everyone knows that I was joking about Luffy dying but juuust in case someone freaks out: I was joking :p Luffy obviously won't die. Well actually since Roger was executed maybe Luffy will at the end of the manga but rest assured there's no way he'll be going any time soon. It would definitely explain the reaction images though :)

Just like last week, I'm dying to read spoilers. I never do and never will but I was very close last week. And then I was super glad I didn't after I read it. I feel like I'm in some weird deja vu right now.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Aw man are they talkin about the spoilers irresponsibly in there. I go in there all the time but I hate when they can't keep that shit in tags before the chapter actually comes out.

It's lucky I clicked this thread first today I guess.

Some people forget that the thread is only spoiler-free after the chapter hits in English.

Snakeyes

8KExT.png

What a development. I thought the reveal was really well done too.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
dressrosa is truly the GOAT of one piece arcs so far..... like I thought marineford was the end all but this arc....

rejoice.png

And its like what maybe 50% over...... you who hold out.... are truly going to get a reward for your patience

zulux21

dressrosa is truly the GOAT of one piece arcs so far..... like I thought marineford was the end all but this arc....

rejoice.png

And its like what maybe 50% over...... you who hold out.... are truly going to get a reward for your patience

haven't a clue about the quality of an arc that hasn't aired, but easily my favorite arc is the water seven/ Enies Lobby Arc (combined as they are really just two parts of the same arc) (skipping the random filler eps of course lol)

Mortemis

Banned
Sort of, though shouldn't it be re-named then? Misleading thread title is misleading.

It mentions it in red color font in the OP, all that is needed tbh. Though it wouldn't hurt to add it to the title.

Anyways, how's the anime's pacing been for the punk hazard arc? Stopped watching it back in fishman island and I couldn't handle how so damn slow it is.

Zeus Molecules

It mentions it in red color font in the OP, all that is needed tbh. Though it wouldn't hurt to add it to the title.

Anyways, how's the anime's pacing been for the punk hazard arc? Stopped watching it back in fishman island and I couldn't handle how so damn slow it is.

punk hazard got really good really quick. Basically once everyone got to the factory, it became more focused.

Zeus Molecules

haven't a clue about the quality of an arc that hasn't aired, but easily my favorite arc is the water seven/ Enies Lobby Arc (combined as they are really just two parts of the same arc) (skipping the random filler eps of course lol)

enies lobby is also an amazing arc but I just love marine ford because it was the not only a royale rumble, it led to the time skip.

zulux21

enies lobby is also an amazing arc but I just love marine ford because it was the not only a royale rumble, it led to the time skip.

personally Marine Ford was one of my least favorite arcs. It just drug on and on (and I read it in the manga before watching the anime lol) and on and the end result (marine ford arc spoilers)
with Ace resulted in a FREAKEN FINALLY from me instead of the OMG moment I was likely supposed to have... there was like 20 places to kill him off that would have been far more fitting, the scene felt super forced.... like oda was like... OH SHIT I was planning to kill him off... uh... RANDOM BS HAPPEN TO MAKE IT WORK... and to me was one of the weakest parts of the entire series.... but that easily could just be me :p

Cwarrior

Looks like due to oda taking breaks for being sick and his reduced schedule, Toei finally forced to create filler just before the next major arc,there hasn't been a filler arc that wasn't promotional material for the movie in years.

gibbrish google translate spoilers

New original content aka filler arc starts on december 22 2013, after this sunday episode next week is the new filler arc.

Staff list
15/12#625 (Canon punk hazard arc)
AD: Yukiko Nakatani
ED: Tetsuya Endo =great

22/12#626 (New monocle filler arc)
AD: Masayuki Takagi
ED: Takashi Otsuka =great

29/12: Break

01/5 #627 (new monocle filler arc ep 2)
AD: Megumi Yamashita + ???
ED: Aya Komaki =great

One thing we do know is toei aren't messing around with staff of theses fillers, expected two episode we know to look really good.

AD=animetion director
ED=epsiode director

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Saw this coming a mile away. Even with the 1:1 pacing, they'd catch up waaaay too fast.

All the more reason to have a One Piece Kai in the future.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Man it's been ages since an OP filler arc. I'm on board, honestly. They're never particularly terrible (or long), and since I follow the manga these days it's not like I'm desperate to know "what happens next." Filler's a nice change of pace.

...One Piece filler, at least. Naruto filler makes me want to jump off a bridge.

Raxus

Yeah considering the padding they like I would rather they do several episodes of filler and complete this arc in one go instead of pausing in the middle of it. That would be painful to stop at certain points for filler. Like Enies Lobby filler painful.

They're never particularly terrible

I haven't watched much filler, but the filler that I've seen has been beyond terrible, like that filler that happened after Fishman Island and before Punk Hazard, what with the giant that can change sizes and enter Luffy's body and whatnot. It was almost painful.

Jayhawk

I haven't watched much filler, but the filler that I've seen has been beyond terrible, like that filler that happened after Fishman Island and before Punk Hazard, what with the giant that can change sizes and enter Luffy's body and whatnot. It was almost painful.

That filler arc was to promote Film Z. I didn't find it that bad.

That filler arc was to promote Film Z. I didn't find it that bad.

It was absolutely terrible. Made me not want to see the film at all. I saw the film anyway and it was great, thankfully. That filler was so dumb on so many levels, and the battle was also ridiculous since Luffy and his crew were doing so poorly. This happened after the first New World-arc; when the Straw Hats were supposed to be much stronger after two years of training.

I hope it's a rather meaty (5+ episodes or so?) filler arc so they get some room to improve pacing in some future canon episodes instead of being always forced to stick with 1:1.

For me, all the filler arcs are watchable, though both movie-introducing arcs might be the worst.
When I was watching OP w/o knowing ANYTHING about the manga, I didn't even realize some arcs were filler arcs. A small story adventure snack is nice, like an extra OP movie.

They could also do some more special episodes like Boss Luffy to not catch up. It's been a while and I don't mind if it's just one episode, even within an arc.

I hope it's a rather meaty (5+ episodes or so?) filler arc so they get some room to improve pacing in some future canon episodes instead of being always forced to stick with 1:1.

For me, all the filler arcs are watchable, though both movie-introducing arcs might be the worst. When I was watching w/o knowing ANYTHING about the manga, I didn't even realize some arcs were filler arcs.
Some small story adventure snack is nice, like an extra OP movie.

They could also do some more special episodes like Boss Luffy to not catch up. It's been a while and I don't mind if it's just one episode, even within an arc.

We'd have to have a 20-30 episode filler arc if you really wanted better pacing then 1:1

We'd have to have a 20-30 episode filler arc if you really wanted better pacing then 1:1

Well it's only some episodes that REALLY drag, imo.
But I'm down with multiple small filler arcs, 20+ at once would be too much of course. Just like it was before the 1:1 pacing years ago... but I guess it just wasn't possible at all after the crew was split up.

Cwarrior

Personally am looking forward to filler I hope it's a full on arc like G8 navaron arc or the family bounty hunters like 10+eps,I've enjoyed most the filler so far.

Loco4Coco

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but is Funimation going to continue dubbing episodes past 324? Cause I'm looking at the list and the DVD release stops at 324 a episode before Blackbeard vs Ace.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but is Funimation going to continue dubbing episodes past 324? Cause I'm looking at the list and the DVD release stops at 324 a episode before Blackbeard vs Ace.

They've licensed up to Episode 336 (the Chopperman filler that follows the Ice Hunter filler). Anything after that is unknown, though I have to imagine Funimation is in negotiations to get more episodes.

jbug617

Banned

They probably will, they just didn't announce it yet.

Kyuur

Well it's only some episodes that REALLY drag, imo.
But I'm down with multiple small filler arcs, 20+ at once would be too much of course. Just like it was before the 1:1 pacing years ago... but I guess it just wasn't possible at all after the crew was split up.

Yeah, some episodes suffer. Oda sticks a lot of content in his chapters but some can be drawn out well, and some can not. What they should do is go into 1.5 chapter material on the slow parts, and extend fights to make up for it. As long as they don't mess up the entire feeling of the fight (looking at you, Zoro vs Hordy).

Top Bottom