• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

IHaveIce

Banned
Yeah the changes with Zoro's face are super confusing while rereading it in one go, because he is almost the only one who like he gets older.

Chopper was made cuter for some reason, what also is really annoying.

Just checked out the new filler and it's pretty interesting actually. His power is a little bit ridiculous and couldn't he sort of just enslave the entire world?

Well, we'll see the limitation when the guys beat him eventually. My guess is that you actually have to hear his commands (like over the speaker) or it won't work, so maybe plugging your ears is already enough :p
Oh and that guy clearly never had a cat as a pet :p

Btw I know it's filler, but can Luffy willingly stop his body from being rubber? Or did Law use Haki to hurt him with punches?

Yeah the changes with Zoro's face are super confusing while rereading it in one go, because he is almost the only one who like he gets older.

huh? Seems to me that all of the first five crewmembers age very noticeably. They look super young in the first years.
I think it's quite awesome how they age in very subtle ways over the years, even w/o the time skip.

Not a good example for the change in drawing style though?

Well, we'll see the limitation when the guys beat him eventually. My guess is that you actually have to hear his commands (like over the speaker) or it won't work, so maybe plugging your ears is already enough :p
Oh and that guy clearly never had a cat as a pet :p

Btw I know it's filler, but can Luffy willingly stop his body from being rubber? Or did Law use Haki to hurt him with punches?

There are many moments where he never said anything, so I just feel like Luffy could have gotten a quick attack on him, but maybe the peto fruit limits that. Your theory might be right. Or, since they feel in the water, maybe that nulled their enslavement since devil fruit powers don't work in water.

I really don't think Luffy can stop his body from being rubber. Law must have used haki. Speaking of which, I'm surprised at how equal Law and Luffy were in that fight. I didn't think Law was much a fighter without his power or his sword.

huh? Seems to me that all of the first five crewmembers age very noticeably. They look super young in the first years.
I think it's quite awesome how they age in very subtle ways over the years, even w/o the time skip.

Not a good example for the change in drawing style though?

Yeah, they do seem to age. I wonder how long the timespan has been anyway, ignoring the time-skip. I wonder for how long Luffy has been out to the sea now. Cobi/Coby grew up really freaking fast.

Jaroof

My roommate got me this shirt...
MAN!!
1607124_10153651825165104_2010185309_n.jpg

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
That was pretty awful. Man, the anime ruin some awesome scenes from the manga. The biggest issue I suppose is that they draw them out so much and make them slower than they actually are.

dont worry 15-20 years from now the One Piece Anime Redux will likely be gory and even more violent and we'll all love/hate it

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Look up "One Pace", it's an on-going project that takes modern episodes and cuts out padding and longer than usual scenes for a much more faithful to the source material anime.

Though I would love a One Piece Kai in the future.

Also, rightstuf has confirmed that they shipped Season 5 Volume 5. Hopefully Funimation announces Season 6 soon, or more movies.

Look up "One Pace", it's an on-going project that takes modern episodes and cuts out padding and longer than usual scenes for a much more faithful to the source material anime.

Though I would love a One Piece Kai in the future.

Also, rightstuf has confirmed that they shipped Season 5 Volume 5. Hopefully Funimation announces Season 6 soon, or more movies.

Im still waiting for collection 9 to be announced, nothing worse then buying them all then realizing the next bunch of dvds were season/voyage break down. I hate unmatching dvds on my shelf :'[

jbug617

Banned
Im still waiting for collection 9 to be announced, nothing worse then buying them all then realizing the next bunch of dvds were season/voyage break down. I hate unmatching dvds on my shelf :'[

same here. I wonder if they are happy with the sales with the Strong World.

Korosenai

I just bought One Piece vol. 69, and was reading one of the SBS's, and there were a couple questions on there that made me laugh pretty hard.
Q: Hello, PervichiroOda. Why did Caesar demand Law's heart? You'd figure that demanding his penis instead would be more damaging to Law.

A: Ahem. Indeed, the weenis (daintier term) is more sensitive, shall we say. But what about the visual image? Law holding a weenis, or Law holding a heart. Which one is a more powerful picture? Remember, Law delivered a hundred pirate hearts to Navy HQ to be a Warlord of the Sea... If he'd given them a hundred weenises, he'd be more like a Warlord of the Pee.

Q: Vergo can cover his whole body with Color of Armament Haki, right? Does that mean that he can imbue his penis with Armament Haki too?

A: Ahem. He can. It certainly would make a man... great.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I just bought One Piece vol. 69, and was reading one of the SBS's, and there were a couple questions on there that made me laugh pretty hard.

Rule #14 of One Piece: When a new character with a strange power is introduced, someone in the SBS will ask about the penis. If they're a woman, it will be their breasts.

For the record, Luffy's penis can stretch, Buggy's penis can split off his body, and Robin can sprout extra breasts. This has been confirmed by Oda.

HeelPower

Is it just me or has the animation quality considerably dipped in punk hazard ? and Jesus the part with kids dragged so much. The moment with mocha was so dumb tbh...they could have EASILY taken the candy and destroyed it without ever having to trigger this melodrama.

Also, Nami and Robin "re-designs" piss me off so much.They used to be decent looking but oda quickly gave in to crowds on these two characters.

Episode 628 – A Major Turnaround! Luffy's Angry Iron Fist Strikes!

Thankfully its over. The arc could have actually been a bit more special if they had given the antagonist a stronger power and hadn't locked the Traffy fight to no haki and room abilities, and also made the weakness non obvious and basic.

Oh well at least it got back to the newspaper announcing news on Doglamingo.

daveo42

Banned
Has the animation quality come back up? I haven't watched since the start of Fishman Island, but the inconsistencies in animation bugged me to the point that I just stopped watching it.

Also, be prepared for 5 min recaps every week if they are moving on to the next portion of the arc.

Mik317

One Piece episode 223 (this is spoilers)

Idk but Usopp's return was super awkward. I get that it was his fault...kinda but man making him apologize made him super lame. I get the point was that he couldn't just come back like nothing happened but wasn't him coming back to help Robin...enough (even if Chopper and Luffy didnt know).... It made me feel sorry for Usopp instead of the intended message I guess. And yet his attempts to make it go over easy was also kinda weak too so I guess it balances out. Also kinda weird for Zoro to be the one to bring up Pirate politics. and all of that is kinda swept away...immediately. Not sure I liked how it played out really. But then the feels hit too. so it kinda made up for it.

Sucks that the latest dvd collection (which is basically how I watch the show now) was almost nothing but filler but it wasn't super bad filler like it could have been I guess.

and now I wait...for March.

Idk but Usopp's return was super awkward. I get that it was his fault...kinda but man making him apologize made him super lame. I get the point was that he couldn't just come back like nothing happened but wasn't him coming back to help Robin...enough (even if Chopper and Luffy didnt know).... It made me feel sorry for Usopp instead of the intended message I guess. And yet his attempts to make it go over easy was also kinda weak too so I guess it balances out. Also kinda weird for Zoro to be the one to bring up Pirate politics. and all of that is kinda swept away...immediately. Not sure I liked how it played out really. But then the feels hit too. so it kinda made up for it.

Sucks that the latest dvd collection (which is basically how I watch the show now) was almost nothing but filler but it wasn't super bad filler like it could have been I guess.

Whoa man, you're far behind. And I disagree. Usopp can't just take them for granted and act so childish. He can't just leave the crew and then act like he can just come back by pretending to be missed.

I think you botched the numbering, 223 is water 7 arc around the time Usopp leaves the crew

And why didn't you wait for Toonami?!

jbug617

Banned
Funimation Blog just posted the One Piece news.

Season 6 will be released in 4 sets (ep 337-384) in 2014. Season 6 Voyage 1 will be released 5/13/14

As what was posted earlier Collection 9 will cover ep 206-229. Funimation said they will release more Collections on a regular basis.

http://www.funimation.com/blog/?p=3...ign=OnePieceS6&utm_source=OnePieceSOCIALMEDIA

Here are the special features for Collection 9

Special Features: Episode 211 Commentary, Episode 215 Commentary, Textless Opening Song "BON VOYAGE", Textless Opening Song "Kokoro No Chizu", Textless Closing Song "Dreamship", Textless Closing Song "Eternal Pose", Trailers, Episode 218 Commentary, Episode 229 Commentary

Wow, One Pace is much better. The Toei additions are generally uniformly abysmal. The end of the fight between Luffy and Cesar being a case in point!

Man, it's weird how when they first entered the Grand Line, if you drove straight for a few minutes you were lost, but now going from one island to the other is apparently really easy and you can just follow a straight line. Also funny how before the time-skip haki was really rare and now everyone who is something knows it. Oh, and no one used to read the newspaper but now everyone does, and for some reason they just get newspaper no matter where they are. How about that?

Acid08

Banned
Man, it's weird how when they first entered the Grand Line, if you drove straight for a few minutes you were lost, but now going from one island to the other is apparently really easy and you can just follow a straight line. Also funny how before the time-skip haki was really rare and now everyone who is something knows it. Oh, and no one used to read the newspaper but now everyone does, and for some reason they just get newspaper no matter where they are. How about that?

Haki being everywhere makes sense. It's the New World after all, you probably have to have some sort of haki to even be able to get there. So when the best of the best are all in one place of course haki is prevalent.

Top Bottom