• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

IHaveIce

Banned
Best character in the arc appears :D
Nope. That still takes some episodes.

I really love this arc except Sanji is super super annoying after the timeskip and he was already bad before. And you guys who only watch the Anime.. you guys are in for some surprises

Raxus

Nope. That still takes some episodes.

I really love this arc except Sanji is super super annoying after the timeskip and he was already bad before. And you guys who only watch the Anime.. you guys are in for some surprises

Not a Bartolomeo fan? There are so many reveals this arc though I can't blame you for choosing another.

Sanji is the best Strawhat

ibdWtaR5J30zL2.gif

SykoTech

....-_-
I really need to stop coming in here before I watch the new episode.

My apologies. Even though I think it was fair game after the episode aired, I know how it must stuck to be spoiled on a show with a lot of twists like this one. Will tread more carefully from now on.

Soriku

So Bellamy
actually visited Skypiea
? Huh.

Also I lol'd at Caesar who can't hold his "shurorororo" in even when he's supposed to be disguised.

All of the "scenes" this episode were pretty interesting. CP0 dudes had a scary aura. Zoro jobbed to a bag, and Sanji is apparently faster than a dude pulling a trigger. And what the hell is even going on back at the ship?

Lots happened this episode and the pacing didn't feel bad at all, so good stuff.

My apologies. Even though I think it was fair game after the episode aired, I know how it must stuck to be spoiled on a show with a lot of twists like this one. Will tread more carefully from now on.

Your comment was fine. The one before you though just seemed like a "first" type comment. :p

Cwarrior

OK this arc is getting super CRAY CRAY on shit is serious son meter.Lots of delicious plot threads and heavy Hitters everywhere.

I hope we finally see the straw hats given a run for there money in this time skip era.

Maron

So Madman (who distributes OP in Australia) told a mod from the OP Reddit page at Wai-con that Film Z is coming in July with a FUNimation dub, in what's their first simultaneous OP release with America. Madman re-iterated this on Twitter soon after and Toonzone reported on that. FUNi still hasn't commented but I'm assuming they'll announce it themselves in Anime Boston.

789shadow

Banned
So Madman (who distributes OP in Australia) told a mod from the OP Reddit page at Wai-con that Film Z is coming in July with a FUNimation dub, in what's their first simultaneous OP release with America. Madman re-iterated this on Twitter soon after and Toonzone reported on that. FUNi still hasn't commented but I'm assuming they'll announce it themselves in Anime Boston.
Will pre-order the second it comes up.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Very nice!
Still hoping we get Movie 6 (or any of the other movies really).

Very nice!
Still hoping we get Movie 6 (or any of the other movies really).

I'm sure funi will eventually go back and pick those up but getting the major canon ones first is probably a higher priority. I imagine will see dubs of episode of nami and luffy sooner or later as well

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm sure funi will eventually go back and pick those up but getting the major canon ones first is probably a higher priority. I imagine will see dubs of episode of nami and luffy sooner or later as well

Film Z isn't canon.
Oda did work on it, but he expressly said it's not canon.

Maron

This means we'll hear dubbed Kizaru for the first time... I'm also looking forward to hearing the localized version of that song.

Howdy, everyone. I got my hands on One Piece a long time ago, got about 52ish episodes in, and wasn't super impressed. I was surprised how much I loved Luffy though, as he seemed like he would be annoying from quick flips past the show on TV at times. But anywho...I'm going to pick it back up, as I'm having a bit of an action shonen withdrawal right now. Here goes!

So did the last filler arc end already? I wasn't really enjoying the episodes with the enslavement power guy and kind of just...stopped watching. (I've never wanted to skip filler before.)

It was only like 3 episodes.
Hah, so it seems... Guess I have some catching up to do. I really, really hope the series will be on the upswing from here on out. It hasn't quite returned to its all-time highs for me in a while. (Maybe the pacing of the Punk Hazard arc has me disillusioned.)

Well now Anime News Network is reporting on Film Z's dub. Madman went back and deleted their original "July" tweet and are now claiming it was an "estimate" and they can't speak on behalf of FUNimation. I feel bad for the guys but it's too late to backtrack after such a specific release announcement. FUNi must be pissed, makes me wonder what they possibly had planned for an announcement.

How does Madman continue to get any business this is what the 5th thing they've leaked in the past few months?

Ooo, I can't wait for the dubbed Film Z Blu-ray release! I liked Z more than Strong World. I'll definitely pick it up.

Also, One Piece volume 70 came out this week. Really liked reading this one a lot. Volume 71 comes out in June, which will be the first Dressrosa volume in English.

Korosenai

Ooo, I can't wait for the dubbed Film Z Blu-ray release! I liked Z more than Strong World. I'll definitely pick it up.

Also, One Piece volume 70 came out this week. Really liked reading this one a lot. Volume 71 comes out in June, which will be the first Dressrosa volume in English.
I ordered volume 70 and it was supposed to get here today but it got delayed... Probably because of the ice storm from earlier this week. Made me sad, so I just read volume 41 instead. I love Robins backstory.

Banzai

Anybody got an estimate for how long the Dressrosa arc will go on? Ive been saving up episodes since the end of punk hazard in order to watch Dressrosa in one go at the end of the year but im already getting weak...I'm never going to make it am i?

Raxus

Anybody got an estimate for how long the Dressrosa arc will go on? Ive been saving up episodes since the end of punk hazard in order to watch Dressrosa in one go at the end of the year but im already getting weak...I'm never going to make it am i?

Nope. Arc is still going in the manga so god knows how long this arc will last.

Top Bottom