• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

We can't talk about the manga here, can't we? but oh god, shit's been going down in the last chapters, Oda's been on a roll with Dressrosa.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
We can't talk about the manga here, can't we? but oh god, shit's been going down in the last chapters, Oda's been on a roll with Dressrosa.

If it hasn't been shown in the anime, place it in spoiler tags.
If you want spoiler-free discussion, the Manga thread is the place to go (just be wary of some of the unpleasantness found there... it can scare people off).

But yeah, Dressrosa has been one hell of an arc.

On Funimation getting Film Z: Nice! Even if it's much farther ahead than the show (it's only at Thriller Bark), it's awesome to get it. Though I would love if they got Movie 6.

Raxus

I wonder if the overall reception of this arc had toei step up their game because it is an astounding improvement animation wise over the previous arcs.

As far as the manga/anime goes we are SLOWLY catching up to the manga so expect some chapters to be drawn out if not filler placed in the middle of the arc. This kind of stinks considering how amazing the arc has been (seriously, you are in for a treat anime only watchers) but the plus side is at least Oda won't die being overworked before One Piece is finished. He'll probably die from old age :p

Now back to just reading the thread and enjoying the reactions. Oh man, I can't wait
to see some of this shit animated.

Let's get webm going in here as well! Now the gifs can have sound if you want ;)

http://a.pomf.se/qzvdyg.webm

(install the script for your browser to get them embed on GAF)

What's the script? Looking around right now for Chrome but not really seeing anything yet. That was the biggest thing holding Webm back for me.

Now back to just reading the thread and enjoying the reactions. Oh man, I can't wait
to see some of this shit animated.

Even as a manga reader I'm impressed someone actually didn't spoil stuff even in a spoiler tag. That's the worst thing about LTTP threads.

If Luffy does win the Flare-Flare fruit, which I don't think he will, which Strawhat would be most likely to get it?

I was thinking Sanji would be most suitable.

demidar

If Luffy does win the Flare-Flare fruit, which I don't think he will, which Strawhat would be most likely to get it?

Yeah, Sanji would be a natural fit. His kicks burst in to flames, the fruit would only make it better. Not to mention now he can cook anywhere because he can just produce fire from himself.

Yeah, Sanji would be a natural fit. His kicks burst in to flames, the fruit would only make it better. Not to mention now he can cook anywhere because he can just produce fire from himself.

I didn't even think of the cooking benefits! Ha.

As cool as it would be I doubt the Strawhats will get their hands on the fruit, would make them pretty over powered.

I love reading your guys posts and theories :p

(i'm a manga reader)
Lol same here.
I'm really hoping that they keep the producction value for the animations up for this whole arc even though it is close to the manga. I was really dissapointed in Punk Hazard's fight scenes(with the exception of Smoker and Law vs. Vergo).

I love reading your guys posts and theories :p

(i'm a manga reader)

I don't wanna know if I'm right or wrong, it's just fun to speculate :p

If the Strawhats don't get it, there are probably only a few people in the world Luffy wouldn't mind get it instead.

SykoTech

Sanji is all about fire attacks these days, being a cook and all. But I don't think he'll want to give up his ability to swim. Sanji is the best swimmer of the Straw Hats...well, at least according to him. It's probably true though, especially given his new Blue Walk move.

I doubt any Straw Hat member will eat Ace's fruit. Luffy will either keep it as a memento or let someone he trusts outside the Straw Hats have it.

(Random speculation)

I think it'll be Rebecca.

Lol. If Sanji actually manages to convert Violet by being a pervert, it'll be better than any Talk no Jutsu moment Naruto's ever pulled off.

Cwarrior

just to let you guys know next weeks episode you might notice it's different to others, thats thanks to the animation director and a director both being new people who never worked on one piece before.

Script: Uesaka Hirohiko(regular)
Storyboard: Komaki Aya(regular) (only storyboading but Aya is one of my favorite one piece directors)
Episode director: Fukazawa Toshinori (new) - Tanken drillland S2 serise director
Animation director: Narasaki Asako (new)(promoted from key animator to animation director only worked as an inbetween for strong world)

Collection 9 is out tomorrow.

Yep. I ordered thru Amazon due to being the cheapest option ($14.96!). Past few weeks, I've been ordering the collections (3,4,5,6,7,&8) to try to catch up with the DVDs. I won't be watching Collection 9 until I finish up watching 6-8. Kinda wished they were Blu-Rays, but I know it won't happen for awhile.

just to let you guys know next weeks episode you might notice it's different to others, thats thanks to the animation director and a director both being new people who never worked on one piece before.

Animation director: Narasaki Asako (new)(promoted from key animator to animation director only worked as an inbetween for strong world)
This guy directed the animation on a really good episode of Smile Precure so I have high hopes.

Cwarrior

This guy directed the animation on a really good episode of Smile Precure so I have high hopes.

If your talking about episode 47 of smile pecure she was only one the key animators for the episode.

We normally have a few new people every year or regular key animators promoted to animation directors but it's really rare to have to two new people heading an episode.

I always find this stuff interesting, I like know who is responsible for what, in my favorite shows/games or movies, I always pay attention to the various styles each animator brings to one piece.

SykoTech

Incoming tragic back story.

Oh, and I liked Robin's reaction. That's probably the closest she'll get to making a comical face.

Cwarrior

Character designs for Dressrosa by kayzua hisada

Huge improvement for Robin hope this becomes her default outfit, love dressrosa straw hat disguise.

arc contains best sanji,best luffy,best zoro, best robin,...franky his outfits are always super awesome anyways.

now if only nami had been part of the infiltration team then maybe she would have hooked up with some real clothes.

Cwarrior

^^^
Someone give that poor kid some food!

edit: aww, now it's a different broken image replacement :(

for you
a4073101213fb80ecf9b484c34d12f2ebb3894d5.jpg

I laughed when i saw that brocken like ad

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Where is the anime at? I got to the end of Punk Hazard and fell behind and need to catch up

This episode has:
Block C beginning (Luffy gets to fight)
The reveal that Doflamingo didn't resign from the Seven Warlords
The implication that Doflamingo is connected to the Celestial Dragons. Before the further reveal of what the connection is.

Top Bottom