• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Cwarrior

op 636

what is vega doing in one piece
background_fights_by_aims773-d7alyff.gif

Nice Bellamy centered episode
bellamy2_by_aims773-d7am1c6.gif

by animation by toei's shunichi ito

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
According to an interview with One Piece Podcast, Colleen Clinkenbeard (Luffy's dub voice) is pregnant, most likely halting dub production for a bit after she gives birth.

She also confirmed she will be voicing Oars during Thriller Bark and that the current recording status is "Luffy vs Oars"

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
According to an interview with One Piece Podcast, Colleen Clinkenbeard (Luffy's dub voice) is pregnant, most likely halting dub production for a bit after she gives birth.

She also confirmed she will be voicing Oars during Thriller Bark and that the current recording status is "Luffy vs Oars"

That's great for her.

Halting dub production isn't that big a deal if they're at Oars vs Luffy, they're pretty far ahead of where One Piece is on TV and the DVDs. We probably won't even notice depending on how long her maternity leave is.

That's great for her.

Halting dub production isn't that big a deal if they're at Oars vs Luffy, they're pretty far ahead of where One Piece is on TV and the DVDs. We probably won't even notice depending on how long her maternity leave is.

In a years time we'll still be in the middle of the enies lobby arc, they should be fine

Cwarrior

One piece 637

This block B shit is awesome, a bunch of varied badass from all across the seas fighting in a royal rumble.....sign me the fuck up.

bellamy_tomita_by_aims773-d7bbujr.gif

Now that's the shit am talking about right here, Badass animation for a bad ass character by toei's yoshikazu tomita

ricky_v4_long_by_aims773-d7bbvfq.gif

cool sword fight animation by fresh new toei rookie animator by the name of takeshi nishino( hopefully will see more of him in the future).

bartolomeo is literally taking the piss what a troll, I liked how the to be continued was in his eye.

what's odd is that the episode had more blood then it's manga counter part.

smurfx

get some go again
One piece 637

This block B shit is awesome, a bunch of varied badass from all across the seas fighting in a royal rumble.....sign me the fuck up.

bartolomeo is literally taking the piss what a troll, I liked how the to be continued was in his eye.

what's odd is that the episode had more blood then it's manga counter part.
there was a surprising amount of blood in the episode. wonder what changed at toei.

SykoTech

Damn, that was a brutal move by Bellamy. Love it.

Really liking this arc so far. Tons of setups everywhere and I have no idea how big some of them might blow up.

Hell, I'm not even sure who is going to win this one match. My money's on Bart (lol), but that mask guy probably has just as good of a chance of taking it.

EDIT: And yeah, all the blood was pretty surprising. Definitely welcoming though. It always annoys me to see enemies just fall out after being slashed.

BatDan

You know, with Funimation getting Bryce Papenbrook (an LA actor) to play Eren in Attack on Titan, this has given me hope they can get Steve Blum to do a voice in One Piece. Specifically Trafalgar Law.

Man so many cool characters were fighting in that round. I was wondering how just one of them would win, I wanted at least 5 of them to go to the next round.

Surely some good old fashion Haki would break through the barriers or am I forgetting how Haki works.

I was thinking the same.
I guess Bellamy hasn't learned Haki yet.

I was thinking the same thing during the episode,
surely Bellamy knows Haki by now, how else can he survive in the New World

I wonder if Bart can
create multiple barriers at once? If he can only create one at a time i can see Luffy beating him easily. But, if he can create multiple he'll be tough to beat.

Haki doesn't work like seastone, no?
If your haki defense is stronger than the other person's haki attack, then your devil fruit powers still work, right?
So maybe Bart is also skilled in haki.

But I agree, his powers are very op from what we've seen unless he's limited in amounts and/or shape of barriers.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Even if Bart doesn't have haki, that doesn't mean his ability is in any way negated by someone else with haki. All haki does re: devil fruits is allow you to strike the real body of a logia user. A strong paramecia barrier would defend against a haki punch just fine, it'd be a simple battle of force. Haki would power up the punch, sure, but no different from stronger muscles in this case.

Even if Bart doesn't have haki, that doesn't mean his ability is in any way negated by someone else with haki. All haki does re: devil fruits is allow you to strike the real body of a logia user. A strong paramecia barrier would defend against a haki punch just fine, it'd be a simple battle of force. Haki would power up the punch, sure, but no different from stronger muscles in this case.

He very easily blocked that King Punch though, which might be stronger than even Luffy's Haki coated Elephant gun. So it would need someone seriously strong (stronger than anyone that was shown so far?) if there's no other way...

demidar

He very easily blocked that King Punch though, which might be stronger than even Luffy's Haki coated Elephant gun. So it would need someone seriously strong (stronger than anyone that was shown so far?) if there's no other way...

They say that even the King Punch is feared by the Yonkou (though who knows if it's just a lie), so if Bart's barrier can block that with ease, then perhaps it's just plain indestructible, requiring weird tactics to beat him or catch him off guard.

Cwarrior

Bellamy managed to get a hold of him before he got hit by the kings punch, theirs clearly away around to his barrier or he must have some limitation.

It annoys me a little bit that everyone likes Bellamy so much; even Luffy was cheering him on. He's clearly still an asshole and most certainly made a mess on the Sky Island.

Also, if Elizabello had won the block, how would he have been able to win the finals anyway? He wouldn't be able to pull off his punch, and I doubt he'd stand a chance without it.

Cwarrior

Blue gilly vs sanji leg match of doom needs to happen
It annoys me a little bit that everyone likes Bellamy so much; even Luffy was cheering him on. He's clearly still an asshole and most certainly made a mess on the Sky Island.

Also, if Elizabello had won the block, how would he have been able to win the finals anyway? He wouldn't be able to pull off his punch, and I doubt he'd stand a chance without it.

Going to skypiea alone shows his changed that's something the old bellamy would never have done and who doesn't like that lovable smile even the anime team love him since every scene his in is done by a good key animator.

Do you mean the audience? Yeah, he's still kind of an asshole but he works directly under the king of the country. It seems like everyone is blind to many things that happen around them, so if the King's underling has done some "great" things for him and their country, he's a hero.

Punch it with Haki.
Not too sure about that. He would have gone down easily if this were the case, since as stated before, plenty of pirates in the New World are able to use some form of haki.

Squalor

With Luffy, I think it was more of his acknowledging a will and a dream in Bellamy. I don't think he "likes" him, per se, but he respects that he has a dream.
Not too sure about that. He would have gone down easily if this were the case, since as stated before, plenty of pirates in the New World are able to use some form of haki.
He is a rookie. He hasn't been around long. I am sure he hasn't fought that many tough people. Bellamy clearly has no Haki or, stupidly, didn't use it. The marine he took out before the round began clearly had no Haki.

I'm more than positive a strong Busoshoku-imbued punch would shatter that thing. Even though the barrier is invisible, Kenbunshoku can probably detect it at close range.

One thing we don't know yet is how large he can make the barrier, so if it's a fixed size, a fast character could circumvent it that way.

Squalor

Thought that was Bart?
I'm talking about Bartolomeo. He is the one who took out the marine because the marine took out his crewmate.

I was referencing the people we have seen Bartolomeo take out. He took out the marine, Hack, and Bellamy, not one of whom used Haki.

SykoTech

I'm not so sure if Haki can break Bart's shield. If I remember correctly, Armament Haki acts as an armor against DF powers, but doesn't negate them entirely like Sea Prism Stone does. Someone with some insanely strong Haki might be able to do it I suppose. Guess we'll find out later.

Even if his shield is unbreakable, I don't think Bart is that broken so far. He needs to cross his fingers, so so beating him to the punch should do it. Someone like Robin would be able to do that easily.

Poor Sanji. Well, I guess it was only a matter of time. He can only have good luck with a pretty for oh so long before things head south.

Wonder how much shit he'll get into this time...

BatDan

For the record, the Marine that Bartolomeo took out was a Vice-Admiral. It's confirmed that all Vice-Admirals have Haki. It's possible that his wasn't strong enough, or he didn't know what Bartolomeo was capable of.

Slightly off-topic, I've been watching Shippuden on Toonami, and the pacing is just abysmal. It makes modern One Piece look downright speedy. Now I know that if I complain about the pacing, I just remember that it can be waaaay worse.

Squalor

For the record, the Marine that Bartolomeo took out was a Vice-Admiral. It's confirmed that all Vice-Admirals have Haki. It's possible that his wasn't strong enough, or he didn't know what Bartolomeo was capable of.

Slightly off-topic, I've been watching Shippuden on Toonami, and the pacing is just abysmal. It makes modern One Piece look downright speedy. Now I know that if I complain about the pacing, I just remember that it can be waaaay worse.
All vice admirals have Haki, but it has never been stated that all vice admirals have both Kenbunshoku and Busoshoku. He very well might not have Busoshoku.

I am so excited for the start of Block C. This is going to get good.

Shippuden didn't get good until about two arcs after the Gaara Retrieval arc. Naruto was useless during the arc, and the pacing up until they get to the cave was terrible.

Top Bottom