• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Artwork Poster for the OP special

Bs3d_62CAAAZUVV.jpg

Hancock looks weird

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
We've got Thriller Bark voices!

Of course, we already know Brook is Ian Sinclair.
Absalom – Andrew T. Chandler
Cindry – Jamie Marchi
Hildon – Jerry Jewell
Hogback – Marcus D. Stimac
Kumacy – Ray Hurd
Lola – Alex Moore
Gecko Moria(h) – Chris Guerrero
Perona – Felecia Angelle

BatDan

Oh! Moriah is played by TeamFourStar's GeneralIvan (Cooler and Dr. Gero).
It's funny since Absalom is played by the actual Cooler.

Stuff actually happened this episode!

Episode spoiler :
Sanji got owned, didn't do any damage, Joker did acknowledge his strength at least

Stuff actually happened this episode!

Episode spoiler :
Sanji got owned, didn't do any damage, Joker did acknowledge his strength at least

yeah, not really a clash when Joker is so much more powerful :/
Actually, that was kinda weird. Sanji was able to fight against pre-beefed up Vergo who is said to be one of the most capable Busoshoku Haki users. But Sanji using stronger attacks on Doflamingo didn't do anything at all...
I don't know... I just didn't see Doflamingo as such an extremely strong hand-to-hand fighter. Would have made more sense if he beat Sanji by surprising him with his devil fruit after struggling at least a bit from his attacks.

Episode was pretty epic though!

yeah, not really a clash when Joker is so much more powerful :/
Actually, that was kinda weird. Sanji was able to fight against pre-beefed up Vergo who is said to be one of the most capable Busoshoku Haki users. But Sanji using stronger attacks on Doflamingo didn't do anything at all...
I don't know... I just didn't see Doflamingo as such an extremely strong hand-to-hand fighter. Would have made more sense if he beat Sanji by surprising him with his devil fruit after struggling at least a bit from his attacks.

Episode was pretty epic though!

Yeah they made Joker seem really overpowered, would of liked Sanji to do at least a little damage to him. Maybe Joker's more powerful than I thought?

Kinda sucks that Law has just used the Straw Hats already though.

BatDan

Here's some interesting news.
Crunchyroll has managed to get the rights to the 16th opening Hands Up and put it on the right episodes (591-628). In case you forgott, when those episodes aired they couldn't get the rights and had to air We Go instead (making it last waaaay longer than it already was).

Hopefully this means the DVD will have that opening.

BatDan

Episode 656

You know, why do we complain about the pacing and animation? We don't matter. It's still a huge ratings hit in Japan, and as long as kids still watch it, Toei will continue to do a shitty job with it.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I'm considering getting back into OP. I stopped in the manga during the Fisherman Saga because I found it was too heavy-handed. I think the Return to Sabaody Arc had just started in the anime.

After watching the HxH reboot, I have very little patience for filler or stretching out plot. The year plus filler in Naruto killed my interest (which was a blessing in disguise). The Skypiea arc from my memory was the worst at stretching out manga chapters. I really wish Japan would get over having to have a new episode every week. How many weeks a year is an episode not released? Golden Week and ...?

BatDan

I'm guessing this episode is kind of crap

It was okay. I'm mostly just looking through the comments that are constantly angry and constantly calling every new episode crap. They can complain all they want, but Toei won't change a thing unless ratings go down (which they aren't).

Moaradin

That was the first episode of this arc that really annoyed me with the pacing. Nothing fucking happened. Bartolomeo fanboying over Zoro was like the same scene as last time.

789shadow

Banned
That's why I'm telling all of y'all to read the manga. The pacing right now is insane. So much stuff going on at once at a rapid pace.
The problem is that it also feels like nothing is happening since so many things are happening at once, any single chapter can only advance a few of those things by a tiny bit.

Dugna

Guess I'm one of the few people who can watch and read One Piece and like both, heck I don't even mind the recaps at the beginning of each episode because I usually sing along with the song and just kinda memorize the lines just having fun :D

Though I will say I did notice some animation weirdness with the Law vs Flamingo fight.

Cwarrior

Episode 656

You know, why do we complain about the pacing and animation? We don't matter. It's still a huge ratings hit in Japan, and as long as kids still watch it, Toei will continue to do a shitty job with it.

Well if people still continue to watch that blurry ass 360p choppy giant water mark in the corner funimation stream then they clearly don't care about quality.

Anime fans aren't a really good judge of animation anyways I've always notice that the more amazing the animation the more complaints about the animation being bad would occur.

For example the return of naohiro shintani sparked quite lot complaints dispite being an amazing animator

lawshintani2_gif_by_aims773-d7kp66i.gif

Take for example this very page a few comments above me didn't like/found it weird the sakuga cut we had in this weeks episode,
A lot the time it's the best cuts of animation are the ones that sets off fans to complain.

http://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/7966/animated-artist_unknown-background_animation-effec

Jigolo

What is the point of watching this anime anymore. As a huge fan of the first half of the anime (up to 500 ish episodes or so) this anime has become absolute dog shit. Both in the pacing and the animation which are the only thing that matter when it's not an original story.

I can't wait 20 years for the remake with better pacing and Hopefully a better animation studio as well like bones or madhouse. But 20 years is so so far away

BatDan

What is the point of watching this anime anymore. As a huge fan of the first half of the anime (up to 500 ish episodes or so) this anime has become absolute dog shit. Both in the pacing and the animation which are the only thing that matter when it's not an original story.

I can't wait 20 years for the remake with better pacing and Hopefully a better animation studio as well like bones or madhouse. But 20 years is so so far away

For pacing, I recommend looking up the "One Pace" project. It edits down the episodes to a 2-3 chapter pace rather than the usual 1:1.

20 years is but just a drop in a Ocean of despair

Top Bottom