• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Cwarrior

One piece 661

last two episode had been fantastic this one maybe even better.

Whole shit after this episode, luffy should just give up on being pirate king there no way you can win against a flamingo with that much swagger.

Donflamingo for pirate king!

LOL Dof made law his bitch

Franky scene another example of scene being better/ more impactful in anime then it was in the manga.

Some great sakuga this episode expect no less for an episode with kazuya hisada as animation director.

Squalor

Starting 661 1080p soon. I'm excited.

This thread needs a new name so badly.

FIVE MINUTES AND TWENTY-FOUR SECONDS OF OPENING THEME, RECAP, AND TITLE CARD!

One Piece, seriously, what the fuck?

Squalor

But you're totally forgiven because that episode was awesome.

Doflamingo completely wrecked Law, who, despite obviously being fatigued, put up a great fight and used some slick Op-Op Fruit moves. There's no way they kill off Law right here like that, though. We still need him in this show.

To my knowledge, those cuts on Doflamingo's cheek are the first injuries he has sustained in the anime. The injury-free list is a pretty exclusive group, but I suppose everyone has to fall from it eventually.

I loved Law's response to Doflamingo's question about trusting Luffy. That was such an awesome moment.

Things are getting crazy. We have Schichibukai (née Tenryuubito) Doflamingo, Admiral Fujitora, Vice Admiral Bastille, Luffy, and Zoro all in the same place. HO. LY. SHIT. So hyped.

Magwik

Banned
axC6wl9.jpg

I like that Doflamingo's DF ability is in itself kinda lame/weak, but he uses it in so many different ways and seemed to have trained his strength a lot (I guess all his strings are Haki infused to be able to block Law's attacks?).
In this way, he's very similar to what Luffy made out of his rubber-man fate.

Though I really don't know who is supposed to fight him, he seems too strong for either of the straw hats. Luffy is of course the strongest but with getting cut by strings he seems to be worst possible choice. I guess maybe Zoro or they gang up on him.
Also, the original plan was that Doflamingo fights and actually wins against Kaido?! So they would have a better chance against a Yonko than him? Oh boy.

(but why does he need a gun to finish off people...)

edit: but maybe he suddenly dies from an aneurism as that seems to be his thing :p

oh and Dellinger is super creepy. Don't know the manga but changing his voice must add a lot to that.

The coolest thing about Luffy's gum-ability is that it can be developed in so many ways. It starts off as really weak (or even useless), but becomes so powerful, and can be further developed a lot. Compared to, say, the logia abilities that are all just awesome from the beginning, even when you haven't trained them.

Squalor

The fact that Sanji kicked Doflamingo with Haki-inbued Diable Jambe and did absolutely no damage is very telling.

Doflamingo is insanely strong, and he has leveraged his Devil Fruit abilities into some truly devastating attacks.

It's going to be a really tough battle for Luffy. Honestly, I wouldn't even be surprised if they don't finish off Doflamingo at the end of this arc. I feel as though he's going to be a major player for the rest of the series.

I can't wait for Fujitora and Zoro to have an all-out battle. It's going to be SO GOOD.

The fact that Sanji kicked Doflamingo with Haki-inbued Diable Jambe and did absolutely no damage is very telling.

Doflamingo is insanely strong, and he has leveraged his Devil Fruit abilities into some truly devastating attacks.

It's going to be a really tough battle for Luffy. Honestly, I wouldn't even be surprised if they don't finish off Doflamingo at the end of this arc. I feel as though he's going to be a major player for the rest of the series.

I think this would be first time the main villain gets away in an arc. But yeah, it seems more likely that other big players show up and it ends up to be something like the MarineFord battle arc, with everyone retreating or something.
On the other hand, if they defeat Doflamingo Kaido will likely go after them instead :p

Squalor

I think this would be first time the main villain gets away in an arc. But yeah, it seems more likely that other big players show up and it ends up to be something like the MarineFord battle arc, with everyone retreating or something.
On the other hand, if they defeat Doflamingo Kaido will likely go after them instead :p
Luffy already has Big Ma mad at him. He doesn't need another Yonko after him, haha.

Cwarrior

Cora is am guessing that may have been what shanks is to luffy for law, maybe he was a D.

Well not really villans, Magellan crurb stomped Luffy in there first fight and in the second luffy teamed up Mr 3 but still couldn't do anything but flee for his life.

Both Kizaru & his nephew Sentomaru went unscathed as they disseminated the Straw hats.

Squalor

Well not really villans, Magellan crurb stomped Luffy in there first fight and in the second luffy teamed up Mr 3 but still couldn't do anything but flee for his life.

Both Kizaru & his nephew Sentomaru went unscathed as they disseminated the Straw hats.
Those are completely different kinds of situations, though.

Mikey Jr.

Hey guys, I was just browsing online, and I stumbled upon a theory on what One Piece could be.

It is, in my opinion, pretty accurate. So accurate that I believe thats what One Piece is.

Guys want me to spoiler it and post it here or no?

Big One

Banned
Hey guys, I was just browsing online, and I stumbled upon a theory on what One Piece could be.

It is, in my opinion, pretty accurate. So accurate that I believe thats what One Piece is.

Guys want me to spoiler it and post it here or no?
Sure. I've seen some convincing stuff on Arlong Park forums but go ahead and post it.

Mikey Jr.

Ok, I'll make it quick anyways.

SPOILERS FOR POSSIBLE ONE PIECE EXPLANATION

One Piece is not an object, but the unification of all 4 seas. One they reach One Piece, Fishman Island will be "destroyed" and part of the redline that separates the grandline from the new world. One it is "destroyed", the calm belt and the grandline will cease to exist, unifying the waters into one huge ocean. At the center where the redline is, the all-blue will be created.

So yeah, anyone can now travel to anywhere else. There will no longer be any barriers in the way like the grand line or the red line.

So yeah, makes sense to me.

Mr. Fix

I think we discussed that here a while ago. I'm a believer, and it certainly would tie-in with Nami's goals too.

However I think the theory also mentions one of the ancient weapons (I forgot some of the OP lore) being used to destroy the Red Line. And that in turn should also tie into the vision mentioned in Fishman Island.

Ok, I'll make it quick anyways.

SPOILERS FOR POSSIBLE ONE PIECE EXPLANATION

One Piece is not an object, but the unification of all 4 seas. One they reach One Piece, Fishman Island will be "destroyed" and part of the redline that separates the grandline from the new world. One it is "destroyed", the calm belt and the grandline will cease to exist, unifying the waters into one huge ocean. At the center where the redline is, the all-blue will be created.

So yeah, anyone can now travel to anywhere else. There will no longer be any barriers in the way like the grand line or the red line.

So yeah, makes sense to me.

This is old as hell. In other news, have you heard that the N64 is coming out soon? I think it'll be awesome!

Magwik

Banned
Holy shit that was the best episode in ... FOREVER.
Overtaken soooooo good.
RIP Sanji and crew
It's happening
Anime-only viewers are in for such a treat
EDIT: I REALLY want to use a certain GIF but it still may be considered spoilers.

Oh man, that episode. That episode.

The music kicked in and I was like, "Yeah, this is gonna get good."

And then Luffy was all like, LET'S GO KICK DONFLAMINGO IN THE FACE!

And I was like. YES! ALL MY HYPE! and I was expecting it to flash to the TO BE CONTINUED screen.

But then it went back to the Colosseum and I groaned a little. Yes we get it, Rebecca is fighting in Block D and has been for the past 10 episodes or whatever, you don't need to cut to her every episode to pad it out.
But then those final seconds happened.
I just couldn't.
I can't

Top Bottom