• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Kater

Banned
That was a really great episode all around. music, action and everything. Sanji standing on the side of the boat,
talking about taking on the ship of a Yonkou, what a crazy man. :D
It was easily as good as in the Manga.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
A reminder of what the openings are:

We Are! (1-47)
Believe (48-115)
Hikari e/Towards the Light (116-168)
Bon Voyage! (169-206)
Kokoro no Chizu/Map of the Heart (207-263)
Brand New World (264-278)
We Are! Straw Hat Version (279-283)
Crazy Rainbow (284-325)
Jungle P (326-372)
We Are! 2008 (373-394)
Share the World! (395-425)
Kaze wo Sagashite/Search the Wind (426-458)
One Day (459-491)
Fight Together (492-516)
We Go! (517-589)
Hands Up! (591-628)
Wake Up! (629-now)

Cwarrior

This arc is super Cray Cray Crazy so many big player so unpredictable.

You have seven warlord memeber Donflamingo,Black beard right hand man Jesus burges, New Navy Admiral,CP0 and Big Mama now....god damn.

Dressrosa going to be a cyclone of crazy awesomeshit.

Raxus

This arc is super Cray Cray Crazy so many big player so unpredictable.

You have seven warlord memeber Donflamingo,Black beard right hand man Jesus burges, New Navy Admiral,CP0 and Big Mama now....god damn.

Dressrosa going to be a cyclone of crazy awesomeshit.
Next episode man xD

Ifrit

Pretty obvious who the character at the end is (I'm an anime only watcher) but it's pretty awesome that he finally shows up, can't wait for next episode

Pacing still sucks yet I can't stop watching

I hate that execution by gunshots don't mean shit, same happened last arc with Chahige/Brown Beard when the Yeti Cool Brothers shot him multiple times at point black range and he just recovered from that, it cheapens the whole thing

Pretty obvious who the character at the end is (I'm an anime only watcher) but it's pretty awesome that he finally shows up, can't wait for next episode

Pacing still sucks yet I can't stop watching

I hate that execution by gunshots don't mean shit, same happened last arc with Chahige/Brown Beard when the Yeti Cool Brothers shot him multiple times at point black range and he just recovered from that, it cheapens the whole thing

Most of these guys getting shot are superhuman, though.

Yeah but then why shoot them? The yeti cool brothers were supposed to kill Chahige yet they just shoot him knowing that it wouldn't kill him?

To build tension. It's a kind of a cheap trick that Oda uses sometimes.
Even if someone was shooting to kill, it doesn't mean anything unless the author wants that shot to be lethal.

Characters from memory who've gotten shot and lived.
Nojiko
Dalton
Kohza
Iceburg
Hatchan

SykoTech

This episode. These feels. That new opening (kinda). Hot damn, I'm beyond hyped.

Knew about Sabo obviously, but Koala too?! Nice.

BatDan

This episode. These feels. That new opening (kinda). Hot damn, I'm beyond hyped.

Knew about Sabo obviously, but Koala too?! Nice.

And now Fishman Island is important.
Despite what some will say, NEVER skip canon One Piece, as things will always tie together.

For those curious, "that guy" is played by Toru Furuya. A very prolific voice actor, including roles like Pegasus Seiya, Tuxedo Mask, and Yamcha. A very good choice.

Moaradin

Despite what some will say, NEVER skip canon One Piece, as things will always tie together.

For those curious, "that guy" is played by Toru Furuya. A very prolific voice actor, including roles like Pegasus Seiya, Tuxedo Mask, and Yamcha. A very good choice.

Really? I'm kinda disappointed they didn't get
Junko Takeuchi back. I guess I'll have to hear it but I expected them to bring Naruto back. I mean, it isn't exactly uncommon for One Piece to have females voice older male characters.

Amazing episode. The moment we've been waiting for since last December.

iafWu2n.gif

SAAAAABBBBOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Raxus

I remember when this happened in the manga thread so many moons ago. Good times. The reaction face was better in the manga too believe it or not.

Koriandrr

I'm up-to-date with the anime now. How often is it updated?
I think I might go to the manga... I can't wait to see Luffy
kick Donflamingo's ass. That'll make me truly happy.

BatDan

It totally is. I CAN'T WAIT ._.
(I hope he eats the mera mera no mi)

Sweet! Do you know which days? So I can keep an eye out.

Every Saturday night at Crunchyroll and Funimation.

Is Funi version really not having Kaze o Sagashite and Fight Together songs?

No idea what's going on there. The Funimation version had them when they aired, but for some reason the Crunchyroll is lacking certain openings. Hopefully we get an answer.

That was awesome!

Prediction:
I'm gonna assume Sabo wins the Flare-Flare fruit, or at least ends up with it somehow, even if he can't beat Burgess. Chances increased with Bart hopefully helping Sabo as well.

Raxus

That was awesome!

Prediction:
I'm gonna assume Sabo wins the Flare-Flare fruit, or at least ends up with it somehow, even if he can't beat Burgess. Chances increased with Bart hopefully helping Sabo as well.

Without spoiling anything, there is stuff still to be revealed about
Sabo
coming up ;)

MikeMyers

More importantly, Toru Furuya is Amuro Ray, the protagonist of Mobile Suit Gundam.

I saw on Furuya's official twitter a retweet image of someone redrawing "that guy" in some of Furuya's famous role. The image is here, but it will spoil who he is playing to those who don't want to know yet.

BatDan

Episode 664

Heh, I remember when everyone was calling him Usoland.

Looks like the anime isn't even trying to hide it's Sabo. At least the manga was a bit more subtle about it. Then again, One Piece is read by almost everyone in the country...

Senor Pink! So hard-boiled!

I don't get it, the whole point of the arc about Luffy's childhood was to introduce that new (old) character. Of course he would show up sooner or later.
Was he more obscured in the manga? Like, not showing the shape/shadow of his trademark hat?

Though I hope there will be a satisfying answer to why he never informed Luffy&Ace that he's still alive...

Moaradin

I just watch the anime, but as soon as that character "died" I knew he was gonna come back. They foreshadowed it pretty heavily back then.

It was very obvious in the anime. In the manga, it was subtle. I remember that week, people were arguing that its not him, calling those who think its him as delusional, etc.

It was subtle in the manga, up until the last page with the three sake cups.

In fact, once he started talking to Koala who was revealed to be a revolutionary, that's when the Sabo connection began to click with me.
Sake cups at the ends sealed it for me.

Top Bottom