• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Not sure, don't watch the anime and didn't notice it in the manga. Will keep a look out when I re-read but I wouldn't think so. I think Oda has just more or less dropped dials. Blackbeard agreed that Sky Island exists but who knows if he's actually been there; probably not.

True enough Blackbeard is set up as a mirror of sorts, Strawhat and Blackbeard are presented by Oda as complete opposites yet with major similarities too.

Yeah I guess it was just a way to temporarily boost the attack power of some of the weaker characters for the plot. Oh well, it was presented as Skypia specific tech anyway, so it makes sense that no one uses it.

btw here's the attack I was wondering about:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X5R3UIyKI8

Yeah I guess it was just a way to temporarily boost the attack power of some of the weaker characters for the plot. Oh well, it was presented as Skypia specific tech anyway, so it makes sense that no one uses it.

btw here's the attack I was wondering about:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X5R3UIyKI8

Oh, nah, doesn't look like it imo. Seems more like it could be some pacifista-like tech if anything.

Also wow at that slow pacing. Everything looks so slow and anti-climatic there. That whole scene was like one page in the manga ;b

Grexeno

Y'know, I'm sort of glad that that element of Usopp's character wasn't forwarded too much off-panel. I'm as certain as ever that the Straw Hat fleet will be a thing by the end of this arc. And I think it'd be a very Luffy thing for Luffy to just say fuck it and assign Usopp as 2nd division captain based on his trust in him and testimony from the Colosseum fighters rescued from the factory. Not to mention it'd be yet another one of Usopp's lies coming true and it'd place responsibility on him that would force such character development in potentially compelling ways
I am wholly convinced there will NEVER be a Straw Hat Fleet in the series until the final arc. It just changes the story wayyyy too much.

Grexeno

I'm the same way, but if it was going to exist, you can see the groundwork being laid
I definitely think the groundwork is being laid, but next arc will probably just be the Straw Hat Pirates + the Heart Pirates running around together, and once they beat Kaido they'll go their separate ways. The actual Straw Hat Fleet will come in the final arc.

Speaking of dials, where'd they go?

From the wikia:
During Brook's career as a world-famous rock star, he sold many Tone Dials with his music recorded on them. Given how many he sold, stated by his manager to be in the millions, they seem to be the most common of the Dials to make it down to the Blue Seas. Oda explained in an SBS that during the timeskip, Tone Dials became mainstream in the Blue Sea. They are sold in pairs and have been modified so they can be inserted into headphones and on special turntables so that people can enjoy music portably.

Besides tone dials, the other types aren't very commonplace.

Oxn

So ive been rewatching the series and Im up to the Drun Island Arc.

I cant believe Chopper got rid of his signature hat in the timeskip, considering Dr Hiluluk gave it to him as a present.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So ive been rewatching the series and Im up to the Drun Island Arc.

I cant believe Chopper got rid of his signature hat in the timeskip, considering Dr Hiluluk gave it to him as a present.

He didn't get rid of it. He just has a blue thing over it now.

Doflamingo certainly ranks among the top 5 though.

Yeah, might have to agree with him on Doffy being top 1 even.

Contenders from the top of my head would be Ener, Crocodile, Arlong, The Celestial Dragons and maybe Hody Jones. Either Doffy or Ener would be the "biggest asshole" of One Piece so far.

Some would argue CP9, Blackbeard and Casear but imo they're not evil on that level.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I still don't understand how so many people get confused by this.

Oda said it in an SBS, but he was just covering like he always does. Even the sketch he made makes no sense. The brim doesn't line up, and the part of the old hat that's supposed to show is colored red on every color page. Old hat definitely ain't in there.

Raxus

One Piece 676

It is almost every bit as glorious as it was in the manga. Part of me wishes I could have seen his face contort into that frame by frame.

Was that the redeeming part for Usopp? Because no. He just got easily beaten and Sugar thought the berry was poison instead of something spicy. He did nothing at all.

I expected something like shooting that berry into her mouth with his dying breath or something. (Actually, that should have been the plan from the start, he could easily do that)

Anyway, I guess now there will be havoc :D

Moaradin

Was that the redeeming part for Usopp? Because no. He just got easily beaten and Sugar thought the berry was poison instead of something spicy. He did nothing at all.

I expected something like shooting that berry into her mouth with his dying breath or something. (Actually, that should have been the plan from the start, he could easily do that)

I imagine he still needs to fight Sugar and Trebol.

Taborcarn

There is definitely more.

LaNaranja

I recently started watching the show from the beginning after originally having watched when it was first dubbed and stopping shortly after they get the reindeer. I am currently on episode 30-something. Anyway I am watching the dub on Hulu Plus and noticed that they don't have season 2 dubbed nor do they have a few other episodes. My question is, are they still working their way through dubbing episodes or have they stopped and are they only subbing them now? Also what are my legal options to watch the dubs that are out there? I see that Funimation has them on the site if you subscribe but there is no PS4 app. :/ Does Crunchyroll have all the dubbed episodes (they are currently being DDoS'd according to their twitter so I can't check)? Are there any other options short of buying all the disc releases?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
They've dubbed up to at least 384, with plans to continue.

Hulu is weird about their series and rotate them out.

Elhandro

Can we please make a thread to Soldier San.....His story had me to the brink of tears., I just couldnt take it anymore. If thats not the Hardest character in One Piece, I dont know who is. I am literally on google looking for Soldier San figures...this guy is ridic.

I am really loving this arc. One piece is the only anime, that drags me through every emotion. When Lucy finally kills Doffy, i think i might really break into tears. That guy deserves an awesome finisher. What an ass hole.

Luv One Piece

Raxus

LOL, you are not prepared for how HUGE of an asshole Doflamingo really is. We are still a few episodes off from that and I am betting we may hit a filler arc before than.

cdunson

Neo Member
LOL, you are not prepared for how HUGE of an asshole Doflamingo really is. We are still a few episodes off from that and I am betting we may hit a filler arc before than.

Really, the guy is so fucking terrible yet I love him for that reason and have no clue why I do. He's just so charming.

Top Bottom